Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

Hey @DopeyBadger , I'm slightly in front of you and is that a smile? Must not have been running fast enough (kidding)
Guessing this is around mile 1.5 or 2?

5511108779835392wv4896243358892032

Ok, this sums up the last push pretty perfectly, haha!
6227082512433152wv4896243358892032

We were so in sync, we even blinked at the same time!

Edited to add that you can clearly see my watch has been bucky-stickered since it usually has a dark face.

Last edited:

I hear somethings a brewing for October 7th 2018!

party:

4. Now that @DopeyBadger has his coach's whistle, I'll imagine that whistle blowing when I'm on training runs trying to go faster than directed.

:rotfl2:

Wished I lived closer and could have been there yesterday!

Chicago!

You know, I laughed when he handed me the sticker so matter of factly. And opusone's reaction face was pretty funny too. And I just accepted it without question. I knew exactly what it meant and it brought a little bit of relief. Luckily blind runs are not new concepts and have been successful for me in the past. But yeah, it was funny.

:cool2:

We were so in sync, we even blinked at the same time!

:earseek:

Whereabouts do you live?
Near Philadelphia! Just a quick plane ride away, roxymama!

YES! Working on it!! Broached it with DH this weekend, and he didn't automatically reject the idea of entering the lottery for himself too! WHAT?! I'll keep ya posted. At the very least, we could do the 5k and cheer everyone on..this is what I'm thinkin anyway!!

Near Philadelphia! Just a quick plane ride away, roxymama!

YES! Working on it!! Broached it with DH this weekend, and he didn't automatically reject the idea of entering the lottery for himself too! WHAT?! I'll keep ya posted. At the very least, we could do the 5k and cheer everyone on..this is what I'm thinkin anyway!!

PA! Oh, yeah I knew that!!! Duh! Question: If one were to run a Hershey race, how much chocolate can one expect to take back in ones luggage? Hypothetically?

Also: Chicago Chicago Chicago Chicago

I'm on pins and needles waiting for it to be 10/31 so I can enter the lottery. What has become of me? Who even am I?

Tuesday Update! What's next

I found a video of the race finish line!
giphy.gif

So I realized that it is Tuesday and on Tuesdays I usually run. So now I'm like, wait...What's next? So instead of looking forward like all the way into 2018 I'm just gonna do a breakdown of the literal next things on the docket.

1) Hot Chocolate 15k is Sunday October 29th. I really don't want to do an all out effort on this one and here's why.
2) WDW vacation is Tuesday 10/31-11/5!!!
3) Disney's Fall Feast 5k in Animal Kingdom park is Friday 11/3!
4) totally zero things planned for running (what?)

So back to #1 Hot Chocolate 15k!

giphy.gif

I have no shame that I really want the chocolate and I really want the chocolate bling. I'll be receiving a three year legacy medal and pin and special hat as well as the already really awesome finisher medal and jacket they do every year. It's just a very "swaggy" race. Last year's goal crushing endeavor was super memorable and among my top life moments. And although I'm sure I've got some fight in me right now...I can get pretty tired and drained after those kind of things. And I really don't want to be laid out two days before a huge and fun disney vacation. So my gut says to LR pace this bad boy...or something slightly speedier but still enjoyable. If I can keep myself from going crazy maybe I can allow myself to try to have an amazing last 1.3 miles of finish (if I remember those last winding ramp hill things at around mile 8 got my lactic acid flowing last year and kind of caught me off guard.) So basically, I'm just gonna have fun with this one. If I had pooped out during this weekend's 10k I would have wanted a redemption run, but I am super happy with my effort on that one so I can "let it go" and just have fun for this race.
roxyhubby hasn't decided yet if he wants to 5k or just cheer me on and not worry about trying for a babysitter, so it'll be just me out there for the 9.3 miles.

So that leaves two weeks between then and now. Would it make sense for me to do LR of 8 miles this weekend (or is that too much?) and then have EA and EB 45-60 min weekday runs to keep the legs moving? I can add in a couple speed workout-ish days if you think that makes sense.
@DopeyBadger think that seems reasonable since this is not an A race but I want my legs to actually be happy come race day.
How am I feeling today you ask? My legs feel like they ran hard a few days ago. But nowhere near the total body fatigue post my brutal half marathon this fall. I feel like I could do an easy run soon and be ok. But I also could take today off too and be super happy about that :)

AND THEN DISNEYWORLD AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Since I don't know my disney 5k corral. (though it's like 199% that I'll be in B because that's just how it usually goes.) My bib is 405XX and it's a low 500. So that really could mean just about anything depending on how small they want the top corrals. I desperately want an A corral so I can break out ahead of the throng (but not desperate enough to lie on my registration, so I just used my actual 5k PR), but we shall just have to wait and see.
The goal is to run fast (which is fun!) through the AK parking lot until characters start showing up and then I'll wait for pics and milk my time in the park. Then perhaps run super fast to the finish because FUN!

And then we start thinking about the What's next, next. TBD
Stay tuned Coach for a thousand questions and scenarios for 2018!
giphy.gif

I have no thoughts on your training, but my official prediction is that a 405XX bib means you'll be in Corral A for the 5K. My 5K bib last year for "this" race (Holiday 5K) was 407XX and that was good for Corral A. :)

Please note that my runDisney predictions have been pretty bad lately, so take that with a grain of salt.

So that leaves two weeks between then and now. Would it make sense for me to do LR of 8 miles this weekend (or is that too much?) and then have EA and EB 45-60 min weekday runs to keep the legs moving? I can add in a couple speed workout-ish days if you think that makes sense.
@DopeyBadger think that seems reasonable since this is not an A race but I want my legs to actually be happy come race day.
How am I feeling today you ask? My legs feel like they ran hard a few days ago. But nowhere near the total body fatigue post my brutal half marathon this fall. I feel like I could do an easy run soon and be ok. But I also could take today off too and be super happy about that :)

Sounds good to me! Since we raced 10k, that means 3 days of off or easy. So just keep that in mind for today and tomorrow.

Stay tuned Coach for a thousand questions and scenarios for 2018!

I'm ready!

And well done on the Elaine gif usage!

I have no thoughts on your training, but my official prediction is that a 405XX bib means you'll be in Corral A for the 5K. My 5K bib last year for "this" race (Holiday 5K) was 407XX and that was good for Corral A. :)

Please note that my runDisney predictions have been pretty bad lately, so take that with a grain of salt.

Well if they give me anything but A now I'm going straight for the person in charge and saying Ariel told me I'd be in A. (To which they'd probably say "the mermaid???")

Well if they give me anything but A now I'm going straight for the person in charge and saying Ariel told me I'd be in A. (To which they'd probably say "the mermaid???")
And then you'd just say, "No, Internet Ariel!" and they'd look at you like you're a crazy person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter