Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

And then we aren't going to Mexico after all. Nothing available to get us there this weekend. So and then I'm gonna cry it out and be glad I'm alive and just figure something else out. Pretty devastated.

And then we aren't going to Mexico after all. Nothing available to get us there this weekend. So and then I'm gonna cry it out and be glad I'm alive and just figure something else out. Pretty devastated.

Oh man, I really hoped this wasn't going to be the answer.
Is there anywhere else you could go for the weekend instead? Or maybe get a hotel somewhere in Chicago and do a staycation? It's not the same, but it would be an okay AND THEN ...

So sorry to here no fun in the sun. You so could have used that. You can fly out to Juneau AK and hang with us. I just discovered they have giant apple fritters here. Totally WI worthy. A good apple fritter can heal the soul

Oh no!! I'm so terribly sorry. I'd have a really hard time AND THEN-ING right about now.

Thanks all. We are still at airport. Gone through a million scenarios. Have a flight tomorrow at 7:40am to Cancun from ft lauderdale using points HOWEVER we are running out of options to get to Florida. So I'm in another line hoping for standby on a sold out flight and there are no planes here yet. Soooo

It's too bad it's presidents weekend. We can't really stomach spending the crazy prices the other options we had. so we may just bail soon.
I did look up prices to Anaheim and Orlando as a bail but all the flights are like 26 hours to destination.

Aggravated!

And then We keep trying. The marathon will be way more fun and easier than this right?

Update: no luck. Oh well.

Last edited:
Roxymama with drinks part 1:

Last night after we got our new flight and ate our feelings in sushi. I ordered a Blue Samaria and felt no shame. This is what 9 hours at an airport looks like.
IMG_3327.JPG

And now at our new gate (which has a Starbucks!). Y'all can call me Brzzgritte from now on.
IMG_3330.JPG

Hope those are just the first of many drinks to be had, but the rest on a very sunny beach in Mexico. Have fun, Brzzgritte!!

An actual update coming shortly-ish.
Some new things happening in roxylife (again)
And after I eat lunch and run today I'll report back on Mexico and life.
I also have been writing a roxy guide to chicago part 1 for the marathon thread. So I'll put that up and link here.
Until then enjoy this pic of me in paradise (which I miss already)
IMG_3336.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!