Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

Roxyhubby came in 11th is his indoor triathlon division!

And now for some vague-boarding...
Gonna just list some running related things that I need to tell myself tonight while getting ready for a non-running related life challenge. Feel free to add your own, even though you may have no idea what the heck I'm even typing about.

Here goes:
Stop being afraid. Be excited about possibilities of what could happen.
There's no need to think you can't if you haven't even tried yet.
You may surprise yourself if you just take a chance.
There's no failing, only experience gaining.
You've been training for this, trust the training.
Don't sell yourself short or hit walls that aren't there.
You may be able to do more than you thought, only one way to find out.
Maybe don't eat a lot of cheese tonight.
And finally...Don't count yourself out!

It's my off night but I gotta go buy a new suit tonight. Stay tuned for a real week #2 training update tomorrow.

I believe in you! :cheer2:

tenor.gif

"You Got This!!" is my go to but it's already been posted so maybe "You've trained for this, you're ready for this."

I will comment that I dislike "Maybe don't eat a lot of cheese tonight." even if it's good advice.

I'll take a stab at it, but I don't know if this applies here?
"What matters is often the journey and not the destination."
You've got this roxymama!!

Thanks for all the encouragement despite my vagueness. I'm putting myself out there with an oppurtunity (that I may or may not get) and every tiny doubt monster in my soul has come over uninvited for a "second-guessing-myself" picnic. I'm verging on self-sabotage because I fear change and being uncomfortable. And part of me just wants to go "never mind...I'm good where I'm at"
#vague-boarding

So...yeah...running is helping. And tonight I got to be roxyhubby's lap time counter on the bike. (I was not on a bike)
In sad news...my treadmill is out of order and I was forced to use "not-my-treadmill"
Should I be sad or super proud that it was totally me who killed it with my bada$$ new paces??? Yeah.....probably just a January thing right?

I hope everything goes well with your potential opportunity! Putting yourself out there is really hard, but once you take that first step, it gets easier (or so I'm told). Good luck!

Should I be sad or super proud that it was totally me who killed it with my bada$$ new paces??? Yeah.....probably just a January thing right?

I dunno ... I think it's probably a roxymama thing, not a January thing.

Still a busy bee this week but I'll need someone at around 7:30 or 8 to yell at me to put on my running gear and start getting ready for the gym.

Tonight is I think my longest mileage so far of this plan....checking my sheets....yep! 7+ miles and it's formatted as 2mile WU + 4 miles at T with 1 minute RIs (yay) + 1 mile CD

I'll tell my brain to ignore the drug that was the RI at every 1/2 mile last time.

My body is partly like "my legs have been running a lot, lets go running again" and partly like "oh so this is that cumulative fatigue thing"

Anyways....yell at me to get my backside in motion so I'm not leaving for the gym at like 9:30 post-procrastination.

Edited bc I wrote mi for both mile and minute!!!

Last edited:
Tonight is I think my longest mileage so far of this plan....checking my sheets....yep! 7+ miles and it's formatted as 2mi WU + 4 miles at T with 1 mi RIs (yay) + 1 mi CD

I'll tell my brain to ignore the drug that was the RI at every 1/2 mile last time.

I can't find your excel tab, but I'm looking at PDF 2017_11_26. The T pace is to be 8:54 min/mile (says CV but that's an error). But the thing that stuck out was 1 mile RIs you had posted. Per the sheet, it's to be 1 minute RIs. Really really short. The resting intervals have switched from distance based (was 400m or 0.25 miles) to time based going from SPEED to Daniels T.

Also, as I'm reviewing this, please change:

-the 2/1 workout to 3 min Rest instead of 2 min Rest
-the 2/8 workout from (3 mile T + 3 min Rest + 1 mile T) to (2.5 mile mile T + 3 min Rest + 1 mile T).

The RI can be either walk or run at WU. I usually choose on the fly based on how I'm feeling mid-run.

I can't find your excel tab, but I'm looking at PDF 2017_11_26. The T pace is to be 8:54 min/mile (says CV but that's an error). But the thing that stuck out was 1 mile RIs you had posted. Per the sheet, it's to be 1 minute RIs. Really really short. The resting intervals have switched from distance based (was 400m or 0.25 miles) to time based going from SPEED to Daniels T.

-the 2/8 workout from (3 mile T + 3 min Rest + 1 mile T) to (2.5 mile mile T + 3 min Rest + 1 mile T).

The RI can be either walk or run at WU. I usually choose on the fly based on how I'm feeling mid-run.

I was doing minute not mile for RI!!!
Cause that would be a loooooong rest if it were a mile. Sometimes I think my slang in my head doesn't translate to my typing!

Ok getting out my fancy pen to update those ones you listed. I will let you know how tonight goes.

Last edited:

Just realized since we've moved T from 9:16 to 8:54 (which I'm just gonna not freak out about...this is me not freaking out about it)
I no longer have a 9+ min pace anywhere on my plan since my LR is just over 10 and I don't think I have any strength workouts. Ermegerd...is this a new chapter for roxymama? I always tell people I'm like a 9+min miler when they ask how fast I am (which is still very much mostly true.) I guess I gotta go earn those 8's by doing them.
Also as a reminder...I'm not freaking out.

You'll be there to run in front of me on Thursdays, right?

Just realized since we've moved T from 9:16 to 8:54 (which I'm just gonna not freak out about...this is me not freaking out about it)
I no longer have a 9+ min pace anywhere on my plan since my LR is just over 10 and I don't think I have any strength workouts. Ermegerd...is this a new chapter for roxymama? I always tell people I'm like a 9+min miler when they ask how fast I am (which is still very much mostly true.) I guess I gotta go earn those 8's by doing them.
Also as a reminder...I'm not freaking out.

You'll be there to run in front of me on Thursdays, right?

:car::car:

Pretty sure you do HM Tempo later on which is in the low 9s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter