RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I've been trying to keep tabs on this thread, but I keep seeing people saying it's not a good idea to go on Sunday for EMH and this is the day I had already planned on being in HS, so now I'm nervous. But, why is getting into the VQ harder on EMH days? I don't quite understand that.

Also, that will be the first day of our trip, and our first time in DW, so first time dealing with magic bands/tapstyles and all that. Does it take more time to do the first time or anything that would delay the process? Thank you!

Hi everyone! I've been trying to keep tabs on this thread, but I keep seeing people saying it's not a good idea to go on Sunday for EMH and this is the day I had already planned on being in HS, so now I'm nervous. But, why is getting into the VQ harder on EMH days? I don't quite understand that.

Also, that will be the first day of our trip, and our first time in DW, so first time dealing with magic bands/tapstyles and all that. Does it take more time to do the first time or anything that would delay the process? Thank you!
You should read the posts from the last emh for more details. Disney was supposed to turn on the vq at 8 and ended up turning it on earlier. Also there will be more people trying to get in the vq as many people will already be in the park due to emh.

When are you going? If it's not this Sunday, I really wouldn't worry too much as my opinion is we need more EMH day operations data to make better planning assessments.

But in short, this past Sunday they gave notice (through various methods) that EMH guests could join the Boarding Groups after EMH/during regular park time (which on Sunday would have been 8am+). Once there that AM, announcements were made that BGs would open at 7:45am. In reality they opened at 7:19am. Many EMH guests who had arrived early were on rides, in the restroom, not watching the app, etc - because they trusted Disney's 7:45am announcement was accurate info. Most still got a BG, but likely a much later one if you weren't lucky enough to realize the BGs had opened early. So it was sort of a messy execution and meant to get the 'best' results you needed to spend that EMH time basically refreshing the app, which IMO isn't the best way to spend a EMH morning.

So glad that things are looking better. I want to head over tomorrow but want an evening BG time. Trying to see what time I need to enter tomorrow at before my Garden Grill reservation.

Can confirm still no bus times listed for Hollywood Studios from Art of Animation. Just times for Magic Kingdom and now Animal Kingdom. Now definitely thinking of trying to take Lyft tomorrow morning.

Crap. That's where we're staying starting tomorrow. We have 2 ECV in our party too, so Uber/Lyft isn't an option. Planned on going to DHS 12/17. Did you ever see a time this morning?

Been lurking all week, following this thread is fascinating!

I’m interested to know how the park deals with the queue with regards to someone with a disability. My husband has fibromyalgia and uses a stick to get around. I’m ok for queuing but we both need to tap in/fingerprints to get in the park to get BG number? Can I do it for him if he needs to sit down somewhere?

I am going this Sunday. So, if I just do what I would do on any other morning, get there by 6 am and keep checking the app, I should be fine, it seems. Doesn't seem that bad.

Crap. That's where we're staying starting tomorrow. We have 2 ECV in our party too, so Uber/Lyft isn't an option. Planned on going to DHS 12/17. Did you ever see a time this morning?

Been lurking all week, following this thread is fascinating!
I never saw a time for Hollywood Studios this morning, but went down to catch the bus for magic kingdom at 7:40 and there was a bus that pulled in to the Hollywood Studios spot to pick folks up at the same time. There were a couple rows of people waiting for it. Don't know if that was the first bus or not. Annoyed that the app wasn't dependable for keeping an eye on that when all the other park buses seemed to be working fine.

Also worth noting the skyliner posted start time is 7:30. When I stopped over at 7:10, gates were still closed and a bit of a line was waiting.

Yeah, I know someone reported yesterday that they asked if they would be opening new Bags and the CM just let them go on the ride, and also that a manager was able to get their workers onto part of the ride ... So thinking for now they would use any extra time for little things like that (little pixie dust moments) .... Now if they finished with like 4 hours left in the day maybe they reopen them or something but probably easier to not open up that can or worms just for potentially a few more groups

I think given the 2 hour return time, unless they finish more than 2 hours from closing the are going to just let it cycle through. Also like you said send some pixie dust and appease upset guests.

Have fun today everyone! Hope you had fun riding again @PolyRob

We did the MK after hours event last night and didn’t get back to Yacht and to sleep until 2 so just couldn’t face it this morning after limited sleep the last few days. Will be there tomorrow again!
Thank you! Amazing day so far. EMH was better for the other attractions, but this is still great! Did SDD x2, RotR (had to go the long way because the entrance to SWGE was exit only), TSM, and AS2. Waiting for ToT now and will try RnR standby or single rider next. Then I am going back to BC and napping!!

I completely understand why you didn’t want to do it after DAH. That would have been virtually no sleep. I got a solid 5 hours which I can function on. I split my visits between Epcot and MK resorts and tomorrow is my swap day. Figured I had a much better chance of getting here from BC than Poly so it was today or tomorrow and I have to pack a bit Wednesday so Tuesday won!

Can I do it for him if he needs to sit down somewhere?

This should be allowed. Whether or not it is, is another story. Those with disabilities should not be excluded from riding just because they can't be at the park 1-2 hours before opening.

This should be allowed. Whether or not it is, is another story. Those with disabilities should not be excluded from riding just because they can't be at the park 1-2 hours before opening.
I’m really hoping not! It’s not that he can’t be there, it’s the standing around for a long time that will be the issue. As I’ve said, I’m happy to do all the work so to speak if he can sit down nearby.

I should also mention that the ride vehicles weren’t even full when I rode today. I was the blue group and had an empty seat and orange had 2 empty seats!
Mmm, a quick shout from cast members asking for a single rider & a pair would of been a good idea I presume to get people through a little quicker?

I’m interested to know how the park deals with the queue with regards to someone with a disability. My husband has fibromyalgia and uses a stick to get around. I’m ok for queuing but we both need to tap in/fingerprints to get in the park to get BG number? Can I do it for him if he needs to sit down somewhere?
Each guest wanting to ride has to be there physically to tap into the park. They do have wheelchairs available outside of the park if he needs to sit while he waits, they are by the entrance to the parking lot, you can also ask a security CM or any other CM outside the park for one to use while you wait

Mmm, a quick shout from cast members asking for a single rider & a pair would of been a good idea I presume to get people through a little quicker?
@PolyRob was among the first to ride this morning so perhaps not everybody was keeping up in line. Those darn tourists probably weren’t filling in ALL of the available space!!!! 🤣

Each person in your party wanting to get a BG has to be physically tapped/scanned in at the park in order to be able to get one. Once you’re in it may take a minute or two for the system’s geofencing to recognize that you’re actually inside the park as opposed to just being near the entrance at security or something. At that point it’s like booking a regular FP, in that one person can book for anyone their party, just as long as they are physically in the park. If you select someone who hasn’t tapped into the park yet, you’ll get an error message and have to remove them before it will let you join a BG.

In terms of using DAS for riding after your have a BG, I think that question has been asked on here a number of times in the last few days, but I honestly don’t remember if there was a solid answer yet!

@PolyRob was among the first to ride this morning so perhaps not everybody was keeping up in line. Those darn tourists probably weren’t filling in ALL of the available space!!!! 🤣
Haha that’s exactly it. I couldn’t even see the people behind me walking the line. My longest wait was in the room where standby and FP+ merge. I don’t think my pod was full and there was no one in the next staging area when I got further in. Sorry if I am being vague. I don’t want to spoil any aspect of the boarding 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter