RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our current plan is to go to AK on Thursday 12/5 and then we're going back to HS on 12/6 for Rise of the Resistance. We also have Slinky Dog FP+ for that afternoon.

When I made our FP, I didn't know about the ROTR opening date. It just so happens we have a 12/5 10:30 am Oga's reservation. I had also picked a FP for Rockin' Roller at 9:45. Being the likely opening date, is that gonna totally blow us out of the park? I don't want to cancel Oga's but is the park gonna just be crazy....as in we're gonna have to get there a bazillion hours early just to get in the park to meet our reservation/FP times???
You'll get into GE automatically because of your Oga's reservation. If (and this is a big if) they activate the virtual queue and it works properly, you'll have a very nice time inside GE and get to ride Rise of the Resistance with manageable wait times. Again, big if! However, the rest of Hollywood Studios might be a zoo. It depends on how you feel about that but if your priority is GE and RotR, you couldn't be set up better for opening day.

FWIW, and someone can correct me on this if I'm wrong, but that seems like a tight time frame from the FP to Oga's, especially given the chaos of opening day. That's my biggest concern here.

You'll get into GE automatically because of your Oga's reservation. If (and this is a big if) they activate the virtual queue and it works properly, you'll have a very nice time inside GE and get to ride Rise of the Resistance with manageable wait times. Again, big if! However, the rest of Hollywood Studios might be a zoo. It depends on how you feel about that but if your priority is GE and RotR, you couldn't be set up better for opening day.

FWIW, and someone can correct me on this if I'm wrong, but that seems like a tight time frame from the FP to Oga's, especially given the chaos of opening day. That's my biggest concern here.
I like the way you think:). If we have to lose FP, I’m ok with that.

Have done PH & DVC previews of Pandora. Was crowded but orderly & well organized, only took a half hour wait at max.

Other than the media day being scheduled 12/4, haven’t heard any reliable buzz as to whether disney will prove the rumors wrong and open ROTR on time; nor heard of any scheduled CM previews.

Had planned to move over to Universal on 12/5. Now, the Mr has done a U-turn and wants to check ROTR out 12/5 or 12/6, if it does open on schedule.

I do have FP in place for MGM on 12/5 thinking we could possibly do ROTR first if everything falls into place, then move over to U to catch their Xmas parade.

Now, thinking it might be wise to book another day onsite for convenience sake JIK the AM extra-EMH are put back into place. Do hate to lop off the Universal portion of our annual Xmas trip if 12/5 isn’t ‘the day’ though. May just double book, yuck, then cancel whichever not using.

RE: recent E-ticket ride’s first regular day of operations, curious as to guest experiences. Did read a few pro opinions, but they were so off base for DL. Was in DL when the WDW SW land opened this summer. Admittedly, out of the loop for what transpired as to the crowds

Jumping forward to 12/5: any guesstimates if we are at gates an hour or two before gates open, approximately how long the stand-by line experience would take?

Would CMs walk the crowd back, in a somewhat orderly fashion, to avoid running of the bulls?

Any suggestions to make things easier overalll?

Have done PH & DVC previews of Pandora. Was crowded but orderly & well organized, only took a half hour wait at max.

Other than the media day being scheduled 12/4, haven’t heard any reliable buzz as to whether disney will prove the rumors wrong and open ROTR on time; nor heard of any scheduled CM previews.

Had planned to move over to Universal on 12/5. Now, the Mr has done a U-turn and wants to check ROTR out 12/5 or 12/6, if it does open on schedule.

I do have FP in place for MGM on 12/5 thinking we could possibly do ROTR first if everything falls into place, then move over to U to catch their Xmas parade.

Now, thinking it might be wise to book another day onsite for convenience sake JIK the AM extra-EMH are put back into place. Do hate to lop off the Universal portion of our annual Xmas trip if 12/5 isn’t ‘the day’ though. May just double book, yuck, then cancel whichever not using.

RE: recent E-ticket ride’s first regular day of operations, curious as to guest experiences. Did read a few pro opinions, but they were so off base for DL. Was in DL when the WDW SW land opened this summer. Admittedly, out of the loop for what transpired as to the crowds

Jumping forward to 12/5: any guesstimates if we are at gates an hour or two before gates open, approximately how long the stand-by line experience would take?

Would CMs walk the crowd back, in a somewhat orderly fashion, to avoid running of the bulls?

Any suggestions to make things easier overalll?
merged the thread with this one to try and keep similar topics under one thread.
I am assuming and planning they will do the same as they did with the opening of SWGE.
They opened the tapstiles 2.5 hours before official park opening.
Held us at Hollywood blvd for about 30 min. then slowly walked us to the entrance of the land, held us there for about 30 min. then walked us inside while queue everyone up for MFSR, after that you could disperse.
So for RotR I'm assuming same scenario, it was all very well done, controlled, no chaos or running
If the opening time remains to be 9am I am planning on being at DHS by 6am

merged the thread with this one to try and keep similar topics under one thread.
I am assuming and planning they will do the same as they did with the opening of SWGE.
They opened the tapstiles 2.5 hours before official park opening.
Held us at Hollywood blvd for about 30 min. then slowly walked us to the entrance of the land, held us there for about 30 min. then walked us inside while queue everyone up for MFSR, after that you could disperse.
So for RotR I'm assuming same scenario, it was all very well done, controlled, no chaos or running
If the opening time remains to be 9am I am planning on being at DHS by 6am

If boarding groups are utilized, how long do you think the wait will be for RotR? What were wait times like for SR opening day?

If boarding groups are utilized, how long do you think the wait will be for RotR? What were wait times like for SR opening day?
First 2 hours the wait times posted was 6 hours, after that it went down to 3 then 2 by noon. The VQ was used until noon
I don't think the 6 hour wait was accurate, just more like a crowd control thing. The line did go all the way to the Grand av entrance for the first 2 hours, after that it snaked to the droid depot area.
They did open backstage gate by the falcon to absorb some of the line

First 2 hours the wait times posted was 6 hours, after that it went down to 3 then 2 by noon. The VQ was used until noon
I don't think the 6 hour wait was accurate, just more like a crowd control thing. The line did go all the way to the Grand av entrance for the first 2 hours, after that it snaked to the droid depot area.
Thanks didn’t see the existing thread, sorry.

That seems absolutely do-able, surprised how the line dropped so quickly

Ouch to 6 am lol.

If many of the experts again predict chaos, perhaps people wil again delay visiting. Ha, no way, i’m Thinking many already rescheduled their visits & it willl be a zoo.

In the seemingly neverending saga of 12/5 speculation and planning, I've been wondering if it's wiser to head straight to RotR, or hit up TSL first. We have an Oga's ADR at 1105. Obviously no one here can really predict crowd level that day.

We have a 9:20 a.m reservation at Oga's Dec.5. What should we expect as far as getting in to make it on time?

Well, i’m All in at this point lol. Managed to snag a reservation for the 5th to allow visiting the park both 12/5 & 12/6. Hope it comes off as planned.

Are any guidelines out there yet for when and where they will allow the queue to start the morning of December 5th?

I don't want to show up at 4am and be at the wrong place, lol.

Are any guidelines out there yet for when and where they will allow the queue to start the morning of December 5th?

Merged you to the RotR opening thread.

We were originally going to show up at midnight with our blow up chairs, but now it looks like there is not much chatter about the opening day. Does this mean there is no interest? Or is it too early to start discussing the time people will start showing up?

No guidelines but there were no guidelines given by Disney for when SWGE opened. A bunch of us planned on being there at midnight only to be told by Disney and the police we couldn't park until 3:30am, so a bunch of us just circled around until 3:30am came and the parking lot opened. I would say that 3 hours before official park opening should be alright
We were originally going to show up at midnight with our blow up chairs, but now it looks like there is not much chatter about the opening day. Does this mean there is no interest? Or is it too early to start discussing the time people will start showing up?
A lot of interest but again Disney has remained silent on opening day procedures. Read above.
You will most likely not be allowed to queue up before 6am if 9am opening remains

No guidelines but there were no guidelines given by Disney for when SWGE opened. A bunch of us planned on being there at midnight only to be told by Disney and the police we couldn't park until 3:30am, so a bunch of us just circled around until 3:30am came and the parking lot opened. I would say that 3 hours before official park opening should be alright

A lot of interest but again Disney has remained silent on opening day procedures. Read above.
You will most likely not be allowed to queue up before 6am if 9am opening remains

Will be there at 6am myself if the 9am opening holds. That seems like a fair time.

See you there

Tossing trip plans around with the mr yesterday. He asked if opening day for ROTR is delayed, any idea of timeframe for ‘when’ that would be announced?

I offered that if word doesn’t leak as to soft or CM openings (probably too late for APH/DVC online reservations ala avatar), that may be a bad sign but, otherwise, can’t venture a guess

Not to be negative, just wondering if an announced delay would be issued in terms of time prior...a week, days or hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts