Rose and Crown Dining Room or Morroccan Restaurant?

DisneyMomx7

DIS Veteran
We have a PS for R&C Dining Room for lunch. I've been reading a lot of negative posts and wondering if I should try to change it for somewhere else like the Morroccan restaurant(can't remember the name - the one with the belly dancers). It will be me, DH, DD 7l, DD 5 and DS 3. We have PS for the Italian restaurant for dinner a different night. Any suggestions?

We ate at R&C April 23, 2004 for dinner. We had no problems or trouble. (Not like some of the things I've read in the last few days) We did have PS and only waited about 5 minutes. It was very good and DH and I enjoyed it. Can't wait to go back. I guess like with any place, so days are good and some are bad.

We've never eaten in Morrocco. Hopefully next trip.

Did you check the menus on line and see if the food at either place are foods that you and your family like?

HTH. Good luck and have a fun trip.

Ginger

I just love the Rose and Crown dining room, and it generally receives great reviews. I've always had wonderful service there, myself. Don't change your PS necessarily based on good or bad reviews.

That said, I love Restaurant Marrakesh as well. I would say to look at the restaurants you have around you at home. Are there British restaurants but no Moroccan restaurants, or vice versa? Do the one you can't do at home.

Oh, and Restaurant Marrakesh doesn't really have wild and crazy food. It's nothing very weird, really.

I think Morroco has better food and a much more exotic atmosphere.

R&C is one of our favorite places to eat dinner at in WDW. We always eat here at least once on every trip. It is so nice to sit outside on a nice evening and enjoy the view of Epcot.

I have done both. Personally I like Morroco better. The big advantang R&C has is the ability to watch Illuminations if you time it right.

The food is good at both, but Morroco is a full experience where R&C (minus Illuminations) is more of a normal meal.

I like both these restaurants. My preference is for Marrakesh over the Rose and Crown- UNLESS you love beer. The UK beers are the best in the WS IMHO.

The food is good at both, with Marrakesh being a bit better. I would try both if you have time. You can usually get seated at Marrakesh without a PS in my experience.

I would choose both of these over L'Originale Alfredo di Roma, the food there is mediocre in my opinion- and you can get most of the dishes at a normal Italian restaurant close to home.

So many choices, so few days to experience them...

Blessings :)

I have eaten at both and prefer Marrakesh. That doesn't mean I won't give R&C another try though - I just really loved my food in Morrocco.

Here is a link to menus for WDW restaurants including those in the World Showcase. DH & I loved R&C on our last trip. I've been working on getting him to try Restaurant Marrakesh, but he does not care for couscous - he's mostly a "meat & potatoes" kinda guy. I think he would like the belly dancer ;)

http://www.allearsnet.com/din/dining.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter