Rope dropping Na'vi River?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
With a fast pass to FOP, is the Navi River Journey ride a walk on at rope drop or is there a considerable wait for that ride as well?

Last Jan. we went at rope drop and the total wait including just walking through the queue was about 10 min.

If you're near the front of the RD masses, definitely walk on. We walked through the gates at 9 AM, (9 AM open) so people had been let in to Pandora quite a bit earlier and waited about 20 minutes. This was in November 2017, so probably it would be less now as it has been open longer.

most everyone eaded into Pandora at RD is going to FoP. In my experience, very few headed to Navi.
While the suggestion for RD is to get there 60 minutes before opening, if you are headed to Navi, getting there 30 minutes before opening should be good.

September it was a walk on for the first 30 min of the morning EMH (we have a 3 year old not big enough for FOP that loved it). It was also a 10 min or less wait at night 30 min before park close.

We were there the first 2 weeks of December. We rope dropped FOP (we were there an hour early). We the walked straight on NRJ. You should have no problem rope dropping it.

Yes, I have done that many times.
Could you give a sense of timing to this plan?
RD Navi
KS stand by
heading out of Africa.

I'm thinking of making our first FP for after KS, and trying to figure out what time to make it for. We have a 10:30 ADR at Tusker for brunch. It'd be more convenient overall to get our FOP FP for between KS and Tusker, if there's time. If not, we'll walk over to Everest instead, to use our FP there, and FP FOP after lunch. Our AK day is 60+7, so we should be able to get our preferred time.

Thanks!

You should be out of Navi between 903 and 910am since you most likely will be let in a few minutes early. If you walk briskly, about a 5 minute walk to KS. Be careful, they sometimes will not open up the "shortcut" to Africa and you will need to double back towards Tiffins. 5-7 minutes wait/load time for KS. KS takes 18-21 minutes.
Remember that the FP window is actually 5 minutes before/15 minutes after the official time...............so you really have an 80 minute window to ride.
Use this data to craft your plan.

Last edited:
I go the first week of February for a solo trip. I am planning on RD (early magic hours) Navi and then KS and then I have a 9:00 fp for FOP.

I would do FOP at rope drop & then use your fastpass. It’s so awesome you’ll want to do it twice. I walked on Navi after doing FOP at rope drop last fall. Have fun!

You should be out of Navi between 903 and 910am since you most likely will be let in a few minutes early. If you walk briskly, about a 5 minute walk to KS. Be careful, they sometimes will not open up the "shortcut" to Africa and you will need to double back towards Tiffins. 5-7 minutes wait/load time for KS. KS takes 18-21 minutes.
Remember that the FP window is actually 5 minutes before/15 minutes after the official time...............so you really have an 80 minute window to ride.
Use this data to craft your plan.

This REALLY depends on the time of year though. When we went in December (pre-Christmas week in 2017), the line for KS was an hour at 9:10am. When we went in August 2018, everything except Pandora was a walk on until 10am.

I like the song they play more than the ride itself. I'm glad I did this ride before FOP.

If we rope drop Na'vi, how is the pace of the crowd going towards Pandora? We will have DW's parents with her and they don't move as fast as others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter