Rope drop strategy for Slinky given RofR craziness?

DarcyLongfellow

Earning My Ears
Given the masses of people at DHS at opening trying to get into a boarding group, what is the best strategy for riding Slinky without a massive wait?

We were there last weekend, and by 7:02 the Slinky line was almost all the way to the Little Mermaid theater.

How early are people getting there to get in line for Slinky?

We were there a couple weeks ago and got thru security about 6:30 and were in the park about where the stage is in front of the old Great Movie Ride when they opened the virtual queue at 7. Hit the app at the same time with everyone and got boarding group 65. We then walked to SDD and were on the ride in about 20 minutes. Our boarding group opened up about 11 if I remember correctly. Took probably another 15 to 20 minutes to get thru the line and in the ride.

We were there a couple weeks ago and got thru security about 6:30 and were in the park about where the stage is in front of the old Great Movie Ride when they opened the virtual queue at 7. Hit the app at the same time with everyone and got boarding group 65. We then walked to SDD and were on the ride in about 20 minutes. Our boarding group opened up about 11 if I remember correctly. Took probably another 15 to 20 minutes to get thru the line and in the ride.

stupid question: did the park open at 7?
TIA

I'm chuckling because we were a year ago before star wars land, got to the turnstiles 75 minutes before park opening, and still wound up behind probably 1,000 people, with thousands more behind us. Slinky rope drop was a mad house before Star Wars, and it'll continue to be a mad house after.

stupid question: did the park open at 7?
TIA
Yes -- the virtual queue always opens the same time as the park opens.

Does the whole party have to be there to be added to virtual queue? We are staying at BWV. Can I get up early...go over get all 6 of us added to boarding group then head back to resort and let others sleep in?

Does the whole party have to be there to be added to virtual queue? We are staying at BWV. Can I get up early...go over get all 6 of us added to boarding group then head back to resort and let others sleep in?
Everyone who wants to ride rotr needs to be in the park. U need a tapped ticket for it to count you

Given the masses of people at DHS at opening trying to get into a boarding group, what is the best strategy for riding Slinky without a massive wait?

We were there last weekend, and by 7:02 the Slinky line was almost all the way to the Little Mermaid theater.

How early are people getting there to get in line for Slinky?

My husband & boys have been there the past several days with insane crowds at opening. You need to be there at least 30 minutes prior to opening if you’re going to get through security, + tapstiles, + walk to the closest point for the entrance to Toy Story Land (there are no “lines” at this point- just masses of people- and many of them will leave as soon as they’ve secured a BG). If you are only interested in Slinky & not in ROFR, my biggest bit of advice is to look for the CM’s leading the way & start walking as soon as rope-drop occurs (while most people are on their phones). If you want both, it would be best to have at least 2 people working together. 😉

But with ROTR requiring BG’s, it’s even harder to get on Slinky at rope drop now 🤦🏻‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!