Rope Drop & Park Close Timing for Flight of Passage in July

zebsterama

DIS Veteran
Apologies I know this is an older thread. Our family is going to Animal Kingdom in late July 2019 - two questions:

1. How early should we get in line before park open to enjoy FOP? 1/2 hour or 1 hour or ??????

2. How long before close should we get in line to enjoy FOP?

Thanks

@zebsterama - FYI, I moved your post into its own new thread here. For some topics/questions it is better to create a new thread as it increases exposure to your question, prevents people from accidentally replying to old posts, sometimes old threads contain stale info, etc. Thanks!

Apologies I know this is an older thread. Our family is going to Animal Kingdom in late July 2019 - two questions:

1. How early should we get in line before park open to enjoy FOP? 1/2 hour or 1 hour or ??????

2. How long before close should we get in line to enjoy FOP?

Thanks

Most people are still saying one hour before opening puts you in the front of the line and off FoP probably before actual park opening or right after. Half hour will put you somewhere in the middle and you'll probably be off FoP around 30 min after park opening.

As long as you're in the line before closing, you'll be able to ride. It would stress me to wait until the last minute in case my clock was different from the CMs, so I'd be there at least 15 min before closing just to be sure.

Most people are still saying one hour before opening puts you in the front of the line and off FoP probably before actual park opening or right after. Half hour will put you somewhere in the middle and you'll probably be off FoP around 30 min after park opening.

As long as you're in the line before closing, you'll be able to ride. It would stress me to wait until the last minute in case my clock was different from the CMs, so I'd be there at least 15 min before closing just to be sure.

Thanks for your support. We were did AK rope drop 2 years ago (around the same time); we were there 45 mins early and it worked fine ... I guess I was hoping that things had mellowed out a little bit ... but one can only dream!!! :-)

Again, thank you for your help. I'd rather be there early than NOT early!

We got in line for FoP last June about 2-3 minutes before closing time (10:30 pm). We were in the first preshow within 17 minutes. The posted wait time was 110 minutes.

To do FoP at RD you need to be in line at the tapstyles ( not at security line) about 60 minutes before park opening. They will let you in about 30 minutes before and hold you at the entrance of Pandora for about 10 minutes.
If you go at the end of the day, you need to be in line before the park closes. We usually try and get in line about 5 minutes before closing. The posted time is usually much longer than the real wait time. Rarely have we waited 30 minutes.

We arrived this morning at 8:25 for 9am opening. Park was already open and everyone was allowed in, we went straight to FOP didn't get off the ride until 10:20. I was shocked!!! The line was on the bridge that goes to Lion King both down and up. We pretty much moved the whole time there wasn't a ton of standing around but definitely still a big surprise. By the time we made it into the actual line the wait time posted was 120 minutes. I think I would definitely plan on being there at least 45 minutes to an hour early!

On Tue June 4 we got in line for FOP 8 mins before close - and were back in the gift shop around 9:45

This past Thursday park closed at 10pm. Wait time for standby was at 125 min (it had come down some from earlier in the day) at 9pm. We got in line and walked out at 10:30pm. 90 min round trip. at 9:45pm we were at the fountain (half way ?). At 10pm the line moved appreciably faster once FP line stopped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!