Rope drop for Toy Story Land during AP previews

sjmac42

DIS Veteran
Hi All,
Quick question before I start booking my fastpasses this Saturday. Some info about our trip, my wife and I are staying at AKL from Sept 19th for 9 nights and before that we’ll be at the Royal Pacific for 7 nights after a quick road trip and a cruise. A friend joins us at AKL on the 22nd for 5 nights.
So my question is about the AP invite only one hour early entry to TSL. I was wondering if previews like this after the land/attraction has opened have happenned before. If so, does it make rope dropping those lands/attractions less useful. I mean was it still worthwhile to rope drop when they opened 7DMT, FEA, Pandora etc if early entry events like this were happening? Or is this the first time they have done these type of early entry events Across almost an entire month. The days are apparently Tuesday to Saturday from Sept 4th to 29th. I’m asking because I was initially planning to rope drop HS on the 15th before we check into AKL.
Thanks for checking out my question. I would appreciate any feedback, opinions or educated guesses you may have please.
All the best.

While it may not matter as much as all the dates sold out pretty quickly, but Saturdays were gone almost immediately. No one is sure how many they sold for each hour (250 is the guess that I've seen thrown around) but I would guess that almost everyone who grabbed a Saturday slot will be going to that so you will have a higher "show up" rate for that morning. Many others just settled for whatever they could grab and you will have less showing up for their slot on a Tuesday at 7am than you will on a Saturday slot. That's just my opinion though.

If it were me (and it will be the week after you) I would go on a Sun/Mon if your plans work out that way. I am planning to rope drop it on Sun 9/23 with the EMH, yes it's earlier but it will also be less crowded than a normal park opening RD.

Others will chime in, but in reality we won't know until they start happening.

This is the first time they've done AP previews like this. I would anticipate TSL to have higher than normal waits in the morning.

You'll be arriving to it 2 hours after people have started entering.

We won't know until the first preview happens. You could get there to a 30 min wait, or you could get there to a 2+ hour wait right at rope drop. I personally would plan to do TSL in the morning on a day when there are no AP previews, if you can

No one know how the AP will affect RD my guess is not much as I do not think they gave out a lot of time slots and I would guess most of the people that did the preview would be done with the 2-3 rides in an hour.

I would try and get an FP for any must do also there is no AP preview Sunday or Monday so these would be good RD days if you can do those days

Thank s everyone, I was wondering if it’s worth switching days to a Monday with no EMH or AP early entry. I do have an ADR for Prime Time Cafe on that Saturday but I might try and move that. I can always FP the rides at 60 days +10 for dates from the 19th anyway so it shouldn’t be an issue. Or I might just go and get FP for ToT, RnR and TSMM which all seem available at 30 days so far. Might also just go to Universal with my Express Pass :)
Ah well, first world problems . . . . .
All the best.

IMO one sure thing is that the park rope drop will occur at 9 on the dot, no earlier. This affects your touring plan diring the first hour, assuming it would have opened 10-15 minutes earlier.
I'm hoping and expecting that the attendee count will be small as many say. It's possible that RD at 9:00 will work just fine.
Choosing Sunday or Monday may be a reasonable adaptation.

I'd plan to go on a Sunday or Monday if you want to get more done in the morning. I feel like they could end up adding EMH Monday morning in September as well, but I guess it'll depend on their crowd predictions.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I’ve switched my Prime Time ADR to Monday so that’s when we’ll visit DHS for the first time at rope drop. May not make a difference but we are there long enough to be flexible.
All the best.

Hi all! Can someone point me to the dates of the AP event? I plan to do EMH at DHS a Sunday in September. Kicker is, I am a gold AP holder, but my travel partner is not.

Hi all! Can someone point me to the dates of the AP event? I plan to do EMH at DHS a Sunday in September. Kicker is, I am a gold AP holder, but my travel partner is not.
The AP previews is every day in September but Sunday and Mondays. So you will be fine going Sunday

It’s called “Passholder Play Time at Toy Story Land” and was on the DIS daily fix or DIS Unplugged a few days ago. It’s Tues to Sat from Sept 4th to 29th.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...exclusive-toy-story-land-access-in-september/
They had said you would get an email with a link.
I knew I should have bought an AP instead of the 14 day ticket . . . . . Oh well . . . . . . .
All the best.
Even if you had an AP you still might not have gotten in I think it filled up in like less then an hour and not all AP holder got the Email

It's kind of sounding like this might have numbers similar to EMM since it's selling out so fast. If so then it probably won't have much RD impact other than starting right at 9 instead of earlier like a pp mentioned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!