Rope Drop- Flight of Passage Line @ DAK

barbiecruiser

Mouseketeer
Good Morning!
I sadly couldn't secure FP+ for Flight of Passage. The park opens at 9am tomorrow (No DAK EMH). What time should we plan to be at the turnstiles to get a decent spot for the rope drop/rush to Pandora? Hopefully this will save us some time in line. Just checked the app and current wait at 10:30am is 3+hours- eeek!

I try to be at bag check when it opens at 7:30 and have always been in the first dozen or so people to ride. For me waiting at the front of the mob is much, much, nicer than getting stuck in the middle and worth the extra time in the morning.

At least an hour early, then the earlier from there you are, the closer to the front you'll be. I don't ever aim to be "first on" and we go on EMH mornings, so for an 8am opening I ride the bus and get there around 45/50 min early. The biggest difference IMO is that if you manage an hour early, you can head straight to NRJ after FoP and be on in about 10 min, otherwise it's 15/20.

If you're interested in an alternate strategy, you can hop in line right before closing time to find the shortest wait of the day. There have been several recent reports of 20 minute or less waits using this option. Just keep in mind that posted wait times are intentionally exaggerated at night to discourage late riders.

We find this strategy to be the most efficient use of our time.

I would rope drop it and go at closing. It was that good! We had a total 35 minutes wait + ride time on Sunday night at closing. Got in line at 7:30. It was posted as 90 minutes. I'm so glad we went for it!

I would rope drop it and go at closing. It was that good! We had a total 35 minutes wait + ride time on Sunday night at closing. Got in line at 7:30. It was posted as 90 minutes. I'm so glad we went for it!

35 minutes seems like a longer than normal wait at closing time. Did the park close at 7:30 on Sunday or was closing later?

I had a 50 minute wait the only time I tried at park close. It was a while ago, but not a late closing because I rarely do those-I'm thinking 9:00, maybe. I'm not a night owl and remember thinking I preferred rope drop.

I would suggest being at the park by 7:30am for a 9am opening. That will get you at or very near the front of the crowd. I have done this twice and basically "walked on" FoP. After FoP I walked over to Navi River and rode with little or no minute wait. I think it is an efficient way to start the day. Provided you can get up and get going early.

I just got back today from a week at WDW. AK and HS are both opening earlier than stated times, either for EMH or regular hours. For EMH, be there 30 min before stated opening & for regular hours be there 45-60 min. earlier. I agree with not giving up on FP, I only had one day that I couldn't get a hard to find FP. But, this ride is so good, you'll want to use the early entry strategy & use a FP. Use your time in line looking for FP. If you are there when they open, you will likely be getting off avatar at stated opening time.

The 4 times we have roped dropped it, Twice in June, Twice on thanksgiving week, We got ourselves in the physical line 60 mins before opening and waited 15-20 mins to ride. These 4 times were a mix of early morning hours and regular park opening hours.

If the park opens at 9, be in line by 7:45. This is not just going through security at that time.
When we were there the lines were already long at 8 am. However they had not people start lining up at the turnstiles on the right. As they had people manning them, the line spread to the right. We were on that side and it worked well for us. When you get in line, look closely and see which side has more open turnstiles and head toward that side. Most likely, they will man them before they start letting people through. We were able to wlk in almost to Pandora about 8:30 and then walked into Pandora by CMs.
Keep checking for FPs as they do become available.
Also conside riding just before park closing. If you are in line before the park closes, you will get to ride the ride.

35 minutes seems like a longer than normal wait at closing time. Did the park close at 7:30 on Sunday or was closing later?

It closed at 8:00 that night. Probably was a shorter wait closer to 8:00 but we were ready to be done (I had carried a sick 6 year old all day!) so we were just very happy it wasn't 90 minutes like posted! I wasn't overly impressed with Touring Plans estimates. There were several times they were wrong during our trip. They had it long at this time too.

It closed at 8:00 that night. Probably was a shorter wait closer to 8:00 but we were ready to be done (I had carried a sick 6 year old all day!) so we were just very happy it wasn't 90 minutes like posted! I wasn't overly impressed with Touring Plans estimates. There were several times they were wrong during our trip. They had it long at this time too.

Touring Plans relies on user reported times to update their estimates through the day. They will go with the Disney posted time if they don’t have many or enough user submissions.

What I’ve found is that late night guests like to keep the short wait info to themselves and very few times get reported, keeping the posted times high. This is perfect for those that know how the game is played.

Hi. We will be at BLT and going to AK on an EMH that begins at 8 am. I want to be at the park at 7 am. Do busses run from BLT beginning at 6:15 am ish? I thought they only started running an hour prior to opening.

We will have a scooter so cannot do Uber and would prefer the bus.

Thanks.

Hi. We will be at BLT and going to AK on an EMH that begins at 8 am. I want to be at the park at 7 am.
1. Do busses run from BLT beginning at 6:15 am wish?
2. I thought they only started running an hour prior to opening.
1. Likely 6:30-ish. (Better to be waiting early, just in case.)
2. That is an often-repeated myth (even by the Disney site.)

1. Likely 6:30-ish. (Better to be waiting early, just in case.)
2. That is an often-repeated myth (even by the Disney site.)

Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!