Rope Drop at MK

peg110

DIS Veteran
So I have been out of it for a bit, so maybe this has been asked, but are they still doing the Rope Drop at the Hub in MK or is it back out in the front with the train again?

I have seen them both and while I like the fact of being in by the hub at RD, I also like the show with the train.

When we were there last month it was at the Hub. Short show, to me I like the train as well.

When the MK opens at 9am (regular opening time and not EMH), they let you in at 8am as people said and have a little show in front of the castle at 855am or so and the ropes drop/walk from the hub spokes to the various lands at 9am. We did this recently in January and we were headed to 7DMT. We lined up right of the castle on the spoke that goes toward the Teacups and the CM's held a rope and walked us up past the Teacups at 9am to the 7 area. Yes there is an hour to shop, get an overpriced coffee, or gawk, and get in line. But they do have a song/dance number between Casey's and the Hub and the Trolley horse drawn etc. running up/down Main Street. I enjoyed it.

When the MK opens for EMH at 8am or earlier, the gates at the train station is the barrier and when 8am or earlier comes, you are let in there and can walk into the rides directly. The train does roll into the station before opening but there is no more song/dance show at the train station.

This is the way the openings were pre-9/11 so while new, it is old again.

Bama Ed

Just a note- when we were there in February the boat show to MK did not run until 1/2 hour before park opening. By the time we got in the park the show was starting. I felt I had a late start and it affected the entire day

Just a note- when we were there in February the boat show to MK did not run until 1/2 hour before park opening. By the time we got in the park the show was starting. I felt I had a late start and it affected the entire day

Yes that was an issue with the big boat from the Fort to the MK when the regular time rope drop was at the train station and there was a song/dance show there. People would queue up and if you got the first Fort big boat you were WAYYYY in the back. Sometimes when the crowd was particularly big they would open the gates 5-10 minutes early because the people would back up into the security/bag search area and the boat wouldn't even have arrived yet.

That's why we take the small boat to the Contemp in the mornings. It starts at 630am and runs every 15-20 minutes which gives us more leeway to arrive early and be up close in the queue (when there are morning EMH, this is a good plan). It can be challenging in wet or cold times, sure. But of course, coming "home", we take the direct big boat.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts