Room Suggestions - 1-bdrm VWL

squirk

Saw what you did and knows who you are.
Staying at VWL for the first time next week, and would welcome room # suggestions. I can find pictures of the WL map, including the villa "wing," but I'm having trouble finding an image with the room numbers mapped out.

First and foremost, we need a quiet room, as we have a 2-year old who will be napping @ mid-day and in bed for the night @ 7:30 p.m.

We'd also like a room with a view of the the Electrical Water Pageant, but I suspect that would fly in the face of our need for quiet at night. Perhaps something on the north side, waaaay at the end (i.e., the furthest from the main building)?

If a quiet room with a view of the EWP is not possible, then a quiet wooded view would be our next choice.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks much!

It is tough asking for specific room #s, not likely you will get anything specific. Be a little more broad in your requests and you will more likely get at least one met. You say quite is most important, higher floor would be my request. My DW asks for the highest floor, and so far that works.

We have had great success with rooms being quiet in all of VWL. As for 1 beds, we really like 5th floor. It is the top floor, and if you do get a lake view, you have a chance to see more of the water. Bare in mind, most views are of woods, so even on lake side, you can see bits and parts of EWP, but no clear view. You can watch it from the sand area, or boat docks. 4th floor is nice also. Balconies on 5th have a wall in front so you need to stand to see view, 4th and lower, rails.

Arriving early is a plus in room requests at VWL. I cant say I have had this be true at other resorts, and VWL is the smallest.
Enjoy our home resort!! We love it!!!!

Come join us over at the VWL groupies on the DVC resorts. We are a friendly bunch and will be glad to answer any and all questions.

... then a quiet wooded view would be our next choice....

That is not going to be a problem because just about every villa at VWL fits that category. It's a very small resort.

Only a small number of villas have any view of the lake at all and that is through the trees. You might be able to hear the EWP from your balcony, but I don't think you will have much of a chance to see it from the balcony.

Well, we just got back and were very pleased with the resort. Our room was 2524, which is right next to the elevators and directly above the covered walkway leading from the main lobby to the villas. We could have thrown our legs over the balcony and been on the roof of that walkway.

You guys were right. It was a very quiet resort. The only time I heard anything was when a large family was trying to take Xmas pictures by the tree on the villas' rotunda floor (which our room was right off of).

I highly recommend staying in one of those rotunda-facing rooms. So much nicer than opening your door into a generic hallway.

Thanks for circling back with us to let us know how your trip went. And glad that you enjoyed the peace and relaxation of VWL. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts