Room Requests

AdamsMum

DIS Veteran
I don't have a good record of getting room requests. Asked for close to the elevator (BWV) got almost the furthest from the elevator, etc. So far I think I've never had my request fulfilled. Congrats to all those who do, I'm not bitter.

However, this time I'm travelling alone, I have a studio at BCV for 5 nights in December. I'm asking for high floor. The thing is I don't care about being on a high floor, just don't want to be on the first floor for security. What do you think. Should I call and plead my case too?

If you request high floor you likely won't get ground floor. I also submit a fax via Touring Plans to request location...well, I did last time at BWV and got what I wanted. So maybe try that. But I think you will be okay to just request, via MS, high floor. If, for some reason, you end up getting a ground floor room then just ask at the desk to switch out to any other room not on ground floor.

You may not get the top floor but I'd also expect that you won't get the ground floor. My requests at BCV have at least provided that if not much else for location. :laughing:

There are 2 top floors at BCV, the 5th floor covers about half of the building, the 4th floor, and below, extends out past the 5th on both sides. so don't worry about a 4th floor if you see that.

I have heard they mostly ignore faxes. I just call up Member Services, and tell them what I would like, and that I realize that I might or might not get it, but that I appreciate it if the will just try. I almost always get what I ask for. For instance, I recently requested Two Studios at the Polynedian, adjacent or connected (I told them this was the most important,) and then, that I would like them to be in Tokelau, on the 3rd floor. And all of those things are exactly what I got, and the Studios were connected.

Another thing, if you do this, then do your online check-in at least 5 days in advance, because I have heard that on day 4 (before the arrival date) someone goes through the requests, and takes the list of rooms, and information about who will be checking in and out, and tries to match them up.

If they don’t match them up then, because you haven’t checked in, then you need to wait until the day of arrival, and talk to the front desk, and, frankly, their options are MUCH more limited.

I have been using the Touring Plans fax service since it started, and I have always gotten exactly or almost exactly what I requested, so I highly recommend this method. This rings true for cash and DVC reservations, and all resort levels, value through deluxe. I have also had good luck when using a travel agent, having her put requests in as well. I have never made a request with member services or at online check in. For my next trip, I just want the first available room, so I'm not making any requests, marking an early arrival time at online check in, and hoping that works out.

Good luck!

Yeah, my TP faxed request worked last time. Doing it again in March. Also, online check in no longer has the drop downs for room location requests. Has been missing for a year or so now.

OP, if you do call, chat, etc with MS concerning a request, when you do online check in; do NOT place ANY requests as the online system over-rides any put in by MS.

You can always specifically ask “not the first floor”. I did that with my BLT std and we were on the 2nd floor.

Okay thanks, good suggestions. As I said I don't care about getting top floor, just not ground floor. I tried online check in today but got kicked out of the system. Go figure. I'll just call MS.

I think it is easier for the Room Assigner CM to grant requests for guests that have short stays of 5 days or less. We usually go for 10 or more days. This trip it is for 17 days. We are at Kidani and asked for a low floor, we got the 5th floor. But we are at a corner and have a great view of the savanna. We cannot always see the animals because of the trees so it is not perfect but we often see the animals walking through the savanna.

BTW, this is the second time that we were no where near what we requested. Both times we had a longer vacation.

I think it is easier for the Room Assigner CM to grant requests for guests that have short stays of 5 days or less. We usually go for 10 or more days. This trip it is for 17 days. We are at Kidani and asked for a low floor, we got the 5th floor. But we are at a corner and have a great view of the savanna. We cannot always see the animals because of the trees so it is not perfect but we often see the animals walking through the savanna.

BTW, this is the second time that we were no where near what we requested. Both times we had a longer vacation.
That makes a lot of sense and is something I hadn’t thought of.

We usually stay 8 nights and always use Touring Plans and always get close to or exactly what we request.

We usually stay 8 nights and always use Touring Plans and always get close to or exactly what we request.
So how can touring plans help with your room request. Do they make suggestions of what to ask for?

Touring plans has a whole database of room view photos and like an interactive map thing, so you can sort by room type to see what is eligible then click the room to see the view (or the view from a nearby room). Once you pick something, and they will fax in a request identifying the room type you want with a good amount of detail and the sample room number.

I've used it 4 times and 3 times gotten exactly what I wanted, and the 4th time I got my backup preference (first choice was one of the few BLT lake view 2BRs with a side MK view so I didn't think that was likely anyway).

So if you pay extra you may get what you want? Who runs this scam, the CMs?

So if you pay extra you may get what you want? Who runs this scam, the CMs?
If your reffering to touring plans all they do is send a fax request...you can send your own fax request without their help if you want.

Touring Plans charges for a subscription to their site. Not affiliated with Disney. I get both WDW and Disneyland, it was $15.90 when I renewed last February.

I used the fax service last December for BWV, got the room I wanted except 1 floor below.

Just wanted to add that I did this for a renter once and they got the one floor that they asked not to have. :drinking1

Coincidence or possibly the room assigner read/saw the floor quickly and missed the NOT. :goodvibes

I've seen that mentioned too often and would not suggest doing a "not" request. I think you're correct that the room assignor often misses the not part.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!