Room Requests at CR

weissjaz

Mouseketeer
We, 2 adults, will be arriving at the Contemporary on New Year's Day. Since we are staying courtesy of SOG, I know we will be in the North Garden wing. But I am wondering if I should send a fax and request anything else. Lagoon view, bldg #, etc. Any suggestions?

We stayed at CR, through SOG, in September 2002. We did fax in some very reasonable requests. It was if they didn't even view the fax. However, once there, they seemed willing to accomodate us. I would just go and if you don't like what they offer then deal with it.

We live the end rooms (they are a little bigger) farthest North in the North wing. It is only a skip to MK. Also if you face the water you will see ducks and rabbits. If you face the parking lot, you can run out to your car very quickly or to the bus area.

DH and I also stayed at the CR via SoG in September 2002, and they honored all of our requests. We had already reserved a ground floor lagoon view room for the extra $10/day. We asked to be as far away from the Grand Concourse as possible, preferably in the 8108-8123 block. We got room 8122, totally quiet, FABULOUS lagoon view, and as FeeFeeWhite said, we saw lots of ducks, rabbits, etc. It was about a 6-8 minute hike to the Tower but it was worth it. We could watch the Electrical Light Pageant from our bed. We are returning w/ oldest DD in August, and we plan on making the same request.

Here's a link to a map of the CR where you can see the room numbers: http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/contempmap.jpg

Hope this helps!

We spent a week in 8123 last October and loved it. We'll ask for it again next visit.

I would want to stay as far out in the wing as possible and close to the water to watch the ELP.

We could see the ELP from 8123 But closer to the tower would be better for that. But the quiet was great. Sometimes coming from the monorail the hallway back to 8123 looked very LONG!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter