Room requests - AKL, BLT??

MichiganDVC

Can barely see my Kool-aid bath with these Rose-co
Good morning all!

We're staying at studios at both AKL Kidani and BLT in July. Kidani is Wednesday-Sunday, BLT is Sunday through Tuesday. Quick question before I get to the details:
When and how should I make a room request?? Especially "how." I haven't done online check-in for these resorts and don't know what options I'll have.

Here are my room requests...what do you think?
Kidani (Savannah view, studio) 1. Low floor 2. 7254 area (closest to Jambo)
BLT - (Lake View) 1. North room, even number 2. high floor

BLT request is most obvious and straight-forward, but how do I articulate Kidani request?

Details: Here is a tentative schedule
Day 1. Arrive evening flight, relax at resort.
Day 2. HS/Epcot, Dinner Jiko
Day 3. Blizzard Beach, Dinner Sanaa
Day 4. AK, Resort pool, DTD evening
Day 5. Check out of AKL, head to Epcot. Dinner @ the Wave, MK night
Day 6. Breakfast - Kona, resort pool, MK night
Day 7 - MK morning, flight evening.

We have PAPs so we're using this particular trip to get the most out of those (Blizzard Beach, DisneyQuest, etc...) We're usually Epcot only people and since we're headed back for F&W in November, we don't need to spend much time there this trip. Notice, however, that I keep trying to squeeze it in as a "maybe." HS is only for TSMM (for once!, god willing!!) and AK is just because we're going to be staying so close. Once we're at BLT, its monorail resorts and MK only...unless its Epcot!

Special note about Kidani request....I know most people like to be "close to the lobby," but here's my thinking: If we're within close walking distance to Jambo, then heading there for Jiko, Mara, even buses can be convenient rather than a hassle. And we only need to get to Kidani's lobby area twice: Pool and Sanaa. So being close to their lobby is not a necessity. Thoughts??

So, in summation:
1. How do I go about making this specific requests?
2. What options are given for requests at either Kidani or BLT?
3. Do I need to call or can I send an email?

Thanks for any advice!!

I am glad you posted this, becuase I am torn about what to request for our June trip. It is our first time renting DVC and out first trip at AKL/AKV. We are staying Kidnai and requested low floor, close to lobby, sunset savannah. All of these were clickable with onine checking, but you only get to click 2. You have to call to add more. I am second guessing this though and wondering if I sould have requested close to Jambo as well. We plan to use both pools, but I don't know which one we will use more. We are there 7 nights and plan to take a dialy pool break after lunch. We have visited AKL and LOVE the look of the pool there, but I have never seen the pool at Kidani. I think the water play area may be a big draw for my 9 year old, or it may be to "little kid" for her. I hadn't thought about getting busses at Jambo, but we are planning to use the Mara a good bit. I would love opinions on which is the better request.

Special note about Kidani request....I know most people like to be "close to the lobby," but here's my thinking: If we're within close walking distance to Jambo, then heading there for Jiko, Mara, even buses can be convenient rather than a hassle. And we only need to get to Kidani's lobby area twice: Pool and Sanaa. So being close to their lobby is not a necessity. Thoughts??

One potential problem is that Kidani is the 1st bus stop so at particularly crowded times you may have to wait longer for a bus.

One potential problem is that Kidani is the 1st bus stop so at particularly crowded times you may have to wait longer for a bus.

I figured that since it was the first stop, you'd be guaranteed a seat (as people are just getting off as you are getting on?) And then getting off at Jambo for sure.

Or, could walk to Jambo and catch bus there?

The way I understand it, park busses stop at Kidnai first so are often full before even stopping at Jambo, particularly at park open. Downtown disney busses stop at Jambo first, then Kidnai. So, if you want a seat on the bus at park open, your best bet is to get on at Kidnai. That's why we hadn't considered getting busses from Jambo. Someone correct me if I am wrong here.

Make your requests via the contact form on the member website.

The more items in the request makes them harder to match. List the most important items first.

Hope that the room assigners are in a good mood the day that they work your requests.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter