Room requests 30 days prior?

Realgrumpy

DIS Veteran
Just noticed the resort request faxes should be sent 30 days prior as opposed to the 5 days prior. When did this change?

Oh, so sorry I didn't word it correctly for you.
No, it's important. Given that Touring Plans IS disjointed requests at 30 days, it matters that people using the service are aware of the timeline.

it seems that individually faxed requests are unlikely to be read/heeded. Best method aside from or in addition to Touring Plans service is to call and talk to someone.

We just had Touring Plans send in our request. has been hit and miss on rooms.

Yes, because no matter how they are made, requests are only that.

I have had the best results by NOT requesting a specific room but the general area (Yes, I pick one on the TP maps, but I leave the pre-populated field as-is since it is in room assigner speak - the terms they understand), and then in the additional comments box I prioritize what I want.

Example of that comments box from my trip to Sports a few years ago:
I would like to request that my room be...
1st priority - Surf’s Up section
2nd priority - Top Floor
3rd priority - Corner room
That way the assigner knew what to look for first (Surf’s Up section), then second (top floor), and then if rooms met those two, look for a corner room. Had top floor not been available, theoretically the assigner would have looked for corner rooms. I ended up with Surf’s Up, top floor, one room away from the corner.

On the other hand, last fall I had a stay at POFQ where I requested 1st priority - One of the closer buildings to the main building (I forget the numbers now, but I think I listed 3 or 4 buildings) because I travel solo and would be arriving late at night; 2nd priority - Top Floor; 3rd priority - Corner room. I got 2nd and 3rd priority but was in the furthest building, which was not fun arriving between 1 and 2am. My suspicion is they may have initially assigned me to a closer building but someone arriving earlier complained so they found something that met the other two (and technically was an upgrade to River View) as the building I was in seemed rather empty.

We shall see how close they get to my requests at Pop for my trip on Friday - again an arrival between 1 and 2am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter