Room Request

friendoffigment

DIS Veteran
which is the best way to make a room / building request, call the resort directly or call member services. how far ahead of time. staying at SSR

Call member services. You can use the chat feature on the DVC website too, I've done it both ways. I guess you'd want to give them a few days, not sure how close to your arrival date you would want to get.
When you do the online check in, don't change anything because that will void whatever you told MS, I've heard.

I experienced poor results as to assigned rooms matching my requests relayed to MS when booking DVC A few years ago decided to try touringplans’ room finder. I select the perfect unicorn of a room :) then they fax the one i’ve Selected (paid service via membership or there is a link they provide I assume you can utilize).

I’ve enjoyed a very good success rate, including at SSR. Not always the exact room I picked, but near-by, same view, etc.. The exception is the value studios at AK, which is understandable IMO, as there are so few savannah views in that category.

Touring plans room finder is fantastic. We used it and while we didn't get exactly the room put in for was very close, similar to what the previous poster mentioned. We were in a standard room, but the view made it feel a little nicer!

Not trying to highjack the thread, but is there a window of time that these requests should be put in? 2 weeks out? 2 months out? Any help is appreciated :)

I use touringplans too and always have fantastic results. I usually put the request in the Monday before my Saturday arrival. I use to do about ten days but now 5-6. I figured the people scheduling rooms do so on weekdays but really not sure.

I'm surprised these faxes are going through since DVC announced a few years back that members shouldn't bother faxing in requests because they just trash them.

I use touringplans too and always have fantastic results. I usually put the request in the Monday before my Saturday arrival. I use to do about ten days but now 5-6. I figured the people scheduling rooms do so on weekdays but really not sure.
Newbie question here (first time Touring Plans subscriber): does Touring Plans make the request for you, or are you just saying you use their tool to help you decide which room you'd like and then you submit the request yourself? If you do it yourself, where/how to you submit it?

Newbie question here (first time Touring Plans subscriber): does Touring Plans make the request for you, or are you just saying you use their tool to help you decide which room you'd like and then you submit the request yourself? If you do it yourself, where/how to you submit it?

Yes, LOL

If you subscribe to TP, you can then "make" your trip and call it a certain name, add the days you want to go to each park, put your hotel and DVC information in there and I always include my reservation number, etc.
On the top of that is something that says hotel or something. Click on it and it will show you different views from various parts of the Villas. I write down the numbers since, for me, it takes a while and I really want to get the best view that I want to request.

Once I'm ready, I go back on, get on the room I want to request and then you hit a button that says fax your request or send your request or something like that. I do that usually 5-7 days prior to a trip.

Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts