Room request on chat function?

Chat is the way to go. You can be very specific a and confirm that the cast member understands what You want.

Agree. I like the chat function for requests. I usually type it out in my notes app and then cut/paste during the chat.

For emailing you do it through the email form on the DVC site. If you simply send an email they will either request a bunch of info from you or have you login and email that way (they need proof that it's you). That's how I make my requests when we have something to request and have very good success. Last trip was a dedicated studio at BCV, trip before that was the exact room number we requested at Kidani.

For emailing you do it through the email form on the DVC site. If you simply send an email they will either request a bunch of info from you or have you login and email that way (they need proof that it's you). That's how I make my requests when we have something to request and have very good success. Last trip was a dedicated studio at BCV, trip before that was the exact room number we requested at Kidani.

What info do they need? So i can write it in the first mail :-)

Did it take long for them to answer?

What info do they need? So i can write it in the first mail :-)

Did it take long for them to answer?
I don't recall what all they wanted. One time I tried to email direct and they replied with a list....I simply logged in and sent the email that way instead.

Usually 24-48 hours later I have an email stating that they have noted my request and a reminder that they are just requests and not guaranteed.

Ok, so for our first ever room request we went with chat. I will report back as to success! We have a split stay, so we actually did 2 requests just to see if it works. Thanks for all the feedback.

Reporting back. 0 success so far. First room request was for a renovated room at SSR, and they must have interpreted that as a room being renovated because we got an unrenovated room in a building being renovated. :guilty:

Reporting back. 0 success so far. First room request was for a renovated room at SSR, and they must have interpreted that as a room being renovated because we got an unrenovated room in a building being renovated. :guilty:

Honestly, I am not sure that that request is even possible as the room assigners may not have that information.But, of course, requests are just that. The ones I have gotten are typically not first floor or near elevator. Anytime I put in something different, haven’t had much luck.

Hoping your next one comes through for you!

Makes me wonder what we will get next week when we check in to SSR. I did our room request via chat for the first time and requested CP near Disney Springs walkway. Fingers crossed!

Makes me wonder what we will get next week when we check in to SSR. I did our room request via chat for the first time and requested CP near Disney Springs walkway. Fingers crossed!

I should have added that at SSR I have had good luck when requesting sections. I have always got that, including Congress Park..and my Requests are always done via chat.

Just checked into boardwalk and we are 0 for 2 on the room requests. Pretty disappointing, actually. I know, no guarantee, but it definitely seems like there was no effort at all. No acknowledgement either. I really wonder if they even look at the requests. We’ve been coming to wdw for years (me= since 1980!) and have never made a room request. Probably won’t again either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter