Room Request for Royal Pacific--Help!

Tigger&Belle

<font color=blue>I'm the good girl on the DIS<br><
I'm trying to sort out the rooms at Royal Pacific. As I understand it there are three towers and the elevators are all in the middle. I assume that it therefore doesn't matter which tower a person is in as far as how easy it is to get to the elevators. What would matter is how far down the hall away from the elevators the room is. Is this correct so far?

Is the walk from the elevator to the rooms at the end of the hall comparable to the same at the HRH?

We have 2 rooms (waterview). What should I request? We don't want to be too far from the elevator, but we don't have any serious physical problems that would make a hike impossible. A nice view would be good. Also, I've heard that some waterview views are better than others.

Should I wait until check-in to request or are the room assignments done in advance like at WDW? If they are done in advance how long before our trip should I make the requests and how should I do it (phone, e-mail, fax?)?

Thanks for any help!

T&B

T & B,
Towers one and two are on one side of the lobby and tower three is on the other side. I personally like tower three. It is right in front of the pool and the boat dock. I also like the end of the hall because you get less traffic, the doors are loud! The last few times we have been on club level and ask for room 3736 which is dead last and faces the pool. So maybe rooms 3636, 3536 and all the even numbers like 3634 and so on would be on that side with the lower numbers being closer to the elevators.
3 stands for the tower and the next number would be the floor. I have always just asked for the room at check in, but maybe you can call a day or two ahead.

CPM, How far of a walk are we talking about from the end of the hallway to the elevators? Have you stayed at HRH and is it about the same?

Any idea where the non-smoking rooms are? Also, do you know if there are a lot of connecting rooms? If not, are they located in one part of the hotel?

Thanks! I know that I have a lot of questions, but I figure that the more info I have the smoother things will go at check-in.

T&B

It's a bit of a walk. Probably the same as HRH. But there are the stairs you can take at the end of the hall also.
Not sure how they work the non-smoking rooms. I've always had one but didn't look to see where they are. also not sure about teh connecting rooms. sorry!

I've stayed at RPR twice. Both times I've requested 2 non-smoking connecting rooms. Both times my request has been honored and both times I was placed in Tower 1.

I'll ask for Tower 3, but of course the connecting, non-smoking part is most important.

CPM, That's good about the stairs and, if in Tower 3, it would be faster to get to the boat dock, right? What wing is closest to the walking path?

Lynn, did you have waterview or standard?

Does anyone know the e-mail address to RP?

T&B

Does anyone know a link to a resort map of RPH. I'd like to see the locations of the rooms before I request a room?

Thanks!
Katherine:D

CPM, one other question. Since there is a staircase at the end of the hall, if we were to be on a low floor would it be faster to go down the stairs to the pool or is there not a pool entrance there?

Originally posted by Tigger&Belle
CPM, one other question. Since there is a staircase at the end of the hall, if we were to be on a low floor would it be faster to go down the stairs to the pool or is there not a pool entrance there?

If your room was at the stairs end of the hall it would be easier to take the stairs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter