room request because of special need???

debm

<font color=deeppink>Whose goal is to get the WDW
I remember reading about requesting a room due to special circumstances/needs. I thought there was a special number or do I call the hotel directly. I just wanted to let them know that our son can be loud at times. We have trouble at the Poly with another guest and I just don't want that to happen again. Plus it would be easier for us if we had a first floor room and weren't too far from the lobby/pool area. But I know they can't guarantee anything. We were upset at Poly when the elevator was broken in our building and we had to get up to our 3rd floor room! This time we are staying at the GF---it will be our first time there since we usually use our DVC points for a 1 bedroom somewhere. We are using our points there because they didn't have anything else available short notice and my DH has always wanted to stay there. He is very excited. I'm just afraid since we don't know the resort I want to know what might work best for us and let someone know that we prefer a noisy area---if there is such a thing. :goodvibes

Here's the phone number you wanted:
Resort Reservations: 407-939-7807 (TTY: 407-939-7670)
Good luck with your noisy room request. ;)

I am booking through AAA and need to make a special room request also. Will the note from AAA take care of it or should I too call that number once we have booked?
My son is autistic and we have always been advised by doctors to not get hotel rooms with balconies. No fear of danger is common with autism and my son has an especially difficult problem with impulse control. So far, he has never jumped, but I have caught him at the "just about" phase more than a few times. We have window locks and a security system that signals if a window has been opened. I keep a pretty close eye on him, but it is impossible to watch him every second. We are staying at the Poly CL lagoon view. I called there this morning and asked about second floor because I read that those have "fake balconies". CM told me that they are still sliding glass windows! That would be way worse than a balcony. So, I am going to ask for ground level. I can easily bring a note from psychologist. Do you think I will have any problems? Should I send a copy of the note ahead?

Update. Everyone was very accomodating and at least by phone I have been guaranteed the type of room we require. :flower:

That's great "mlwear"! Did you call the resort directly? I tried the number that Sue gave me and they were very nice but said they couldn't help me. They said that number was for different type of requests. Not for what I wanted--first floor, child may be noisy... She said she wouldn't know what room to put me in and to talk to the CM when we get to the resort. I'm just afraid to wait until check-in. I'm thinking of calling but don't want to bother them if it is uneccessary. Have a great trip!!! :teeth:

I booked through AAA. (later someone told me that I could have received my AAA discount by booking directly through disney -- it was sort of a joke as AAA was just sort of this middle man. She would ask me a question, then put me on hold to ask Disney, then come back to me, then back to Disney, on and on :rotfl:
I just told the agent and she conveyed the info. to Disney. AAA TA said that a ground level floor was guaranteed and that I didn't need a doctor note (I may bring one anyway). I don't have anything in writing and doubt that I will, so I hope it works out.
My guess is that when CM thought about a kid jumping off the balcony or out the window that they'd rather not have that to deal with :earseek: Me neither.

When we stayed at the Poly three years ago we were very successful by FAXing the resort (I think the numbers are in the Unofficial Guidebook) and then following up two days before our arrival date. We had noise concerns and also didn't want a balcony (we have autistic DS). They were very accomodating.

When my AAA confirmation papers arrived by mail it said "non-smoking, grouund floor guaranteed due to medical conditions".
I emailed the concierge and told him of this JUST TO BE SURE. When he sent information back to me, it said "I have noted your room request".
i don't know if that negates the guarantee or if that is just the formal language.
Doctor is definitely writing us a letter detailing accomodations needed, one being no balconies or railings on upper floors. I hope they oblige us otherwise we will have to watch DS like a hawk or figure out some sort of way to fasten the doors that he can't figure out. About a month ago I caught him after he unlocked our home's second story window and opened the screen. (Thank goodness we have an alarm system that sounds whenever a door or window is opened.) He was standing on a chair right in front of it! Very worrisome.

just to let you know WDW no longer accepts fax requests, so don't waste your time doing that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter