• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Room request at BWV

Doofenshmirtz

Mouseketeer
This is our first stay at BWV. Any advice for request of a certain area? We are staying in a 1-BR pool/garden view.

Thanks!

BWV doesn't always give you what you request. Once we rented points for BWV and asked for higher floor, and were on the first floor by the preview room! :confused3 Some people like to request near the elevator due to the long hallways, others a view of the canal.

HTH.

This may be half helpful ... we usually do Boardwalk View, but I'm going for less points this year and doing the pool/garden view too. Last time we did that (2002) we were in room 14018 or rather 4018. It was a two bedroom lockout (studio plus one bedroom). It overlooked the main pool and had a fireworks view from Hollywood Studios. When stormy weather came -- that was a great view as well! It was a great room!

I've had it go either way. Sometimes we have gotten atleast one of our requests (I'll usually make 2), and sometimes we get the absolute opposite of them!

With the garden/pool view, we usually end up facing the quiet pool. Most of the time the view of the pool is blocked by trees, but generally you get a good view of the canal and Swan/Dolphin or Hollywood Studios.

Otherwise, you could have a view of the main pool (be careful of noise from the afternoon pool activities) or the croquet lawn/canal. I'd rate all of the views to be about the same.

I requested a "Village Green" view in February and loved it! It's a view of the courtyard between BWI and BWV, so you can see part of the Boardwalk.

Twe usually do Boardwalk View, but I'm going for less points this year and doing the pool/garden view too.

just an FYI: pool/garden and BW view cost the same amount of points (standard view is lower). P/G view makes up about 60% of resort, then about 20% each for BW view and SV.

OP: since they are the same point cost, you might want to waitlist BW view; it is truly amazing :cloud9:
higher floors have better views, but lower have easier access to pools, BW, etc (there are multiple stairwells throughout resort).
ask for close to elevator if you have a stroller or with anyone who has difficulty with stairs.

we love the 1bdrms at the end of the left leg (facing front of resort) - they are incredibly quiet, huuuuuuuuge balcony that wraps from big kitchen with table rather than nook), along the LR lined with double french doors. the LR & kitchen is larger in those villas, but the space is taken from the bathroom, which has a regular size shower. they are an easy walk to the busstop, parking lot, and DHS, but a bit longer to EPCOT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter