Room rate change in a few hours??

tookydo

Disney Dame
I found a BWV 1 bedroom for a June trip with an AP discount at $391 per night which is 40% off. I put it in my cart as I was debating on pulling the trigger as it would be an increase from our current reservation at Coronado Springs. I few hours later I went to my cart to book it and the room was now $457. So if a one bedroom at BWV is 40% off per the offer, why did it drop to 30% off a few hours later? Is this normal? I’ve never had this happen. I can understand if a particular room category was no longer available but I’ve never had the same room category change the percent off.

I found a BWV 1 bedroom for a June trip with an AP discount at $391 per night which is 40% off. I put it in my cart as I was debating on pulling the trigger as it would be an increase from our current reservation at Coronado Springs. I few hours later I went to my cart to book it and the room was now $457. So if a one bedroom at BWV is 40% off per the offer, why did it drop to 30% off a few hours later? Is this normal? I’ve never had this happen. I can understand if a particular room category was no longer available but I’ve never had the same room category change the percent off.

Are you sure the $391 was with taxes included? The taxes typically don't add on until you add it to your cart.

The $391 and $457 were both before taxes. Oddly enough the $391 came back today. Go figure. I jumped on it right away. Strange...

If the $391 is a Passholder rate, it requires you to be logged in for you to see it. If you are not logged in, it would have changed to the GP offer. I find that I have to log in after every time I leave the site. If I re-login to check my plans, etc., then I can see the Passholder rates.

Also, availability can disappear and reappear at any moment. I've had offers in my cart that the availability on the promo disappeared. So, if you are seriously considerng, you should book it. You can always cancel or modify it without any penalty (as long as it's at least 30 or 5 days in advance, depending on the offer).

They’ve been changing the weekend rate back and forth from discounted to rack rate for several days. Same thing happened to me last night- rate went up because last night the weekend rates were discounted, this morning they weren’t. I’m holding off hoping they change it back again.

I noticed the same thing. We booked Boardwalk for 35% off with my AP and a couple days later it's now 30% off for the same room, same AP discount pre-tax. I was debating changing resorts and every single room is more expensive (I kept a spreadsheet when I was budgeting so I have the old rates as a reference). I just figured the rooms were getting booked up and the AP discount was reduced?

I’ve been following along with the weekend price fluctuations on the AP Discount watch thread. (Thanks to everyone there for their contributions and data points.) I have now begun to make a habit of looking at the cost of each individual night to see if I truly am getting the correct pricing. Paying rack rate, even for only Friday and Saturday nights can seriously impact the overall cost of a room.

I’ve been following along with the weekend price fluctuations on the AP Discount watch thread. (Thanks to everyone there for their contributions and data points.) I have now begun to make a habit of looking at the cost of each individual night to see if I truly am getting the correct pricing. Paying rack rate, even for only Friday and Saturday nights can seriously impact the overall cost of a room.
I just checked, and you're absolutely right. The difference in the current AP rate for BW and what I have already booked is that Saturday night is now rack rate.

I just checked, and you're absolutely right. The difference in the current AP rate for BW and what I have already booked is that Saturday night is now rack rate.

And it changed yet again. The weekends are now back to being discounted. lol

It makes me wonder about things I’ve booked in the past. Did I really get the best rate? Feels the same as booking an airline ticket!

I know yesterday their reservation system was down. I’m wondering if while IT is trying to fix the problem they are causing other issues.....wouldn’t be the first time.....

I know yesterday their reservation system was down. I’m wondering if while IT is trying to fix the problem they are causing other issues.....wouldn’t be the first time.....

It’s following too much of a pattern to just be glitching caused by IT. I keep checking rates as I’m trying to plan a possible trip with a friend and the rate shift seems to be following a pattern of changing every other day. Yesterday weekends were discounted, today they aren’t- it’s been doing it for a couple of weeks and it’s extremely frustrating! Disney won’t even recognize that it’s happening.

I don’t think it’s a glitch. With this last round of AP discounts they have been “playing” with offering discounts on the weekends and not offering discounts on the weekends. It’s not an availability issue because it is affecting all weekends and all resorts and then it goes back to being discounted.

However, if you cannot see AP rates at all and your stay is more than just Friday and Saturday nights, make sure you are logged in.

So screwed up! Now it shows me discounted for a weekend night, rack rate for Sunday. This is the Yacht Club.

Attachments

• CA914DDC-CCDE-47BF-8643-1B09C30A92A3.png
    CA914DDC-CCDE-47BF-8643-1B09C30A92A3.png
    203.7 KB · Views: 13

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts