Room perks at HRH

PatMcDuck

DIS Veteran
We were told to get the good student gifts, the kids had to have STRAIGHT As on their report cards......... they were disappointed. The kids have some struggles in school, one is ADD, etc, and getting ALL As is pretty tough. I thought it was at least one A, for some reason was the rule.

We had to fight for the milk and cookies. We got it once, out of the 3 nights. Kids did not like the cookies, so I gave up after the first delivery........ we did get the paper daily, that was nice.

Hi Pat,

For some reason HRH calls their own shots when Loews offers these promotions. I have read quite a few posts where at check-in they wanted to see ALL A's on the report cards. I dont think thats fair at all. This promotion is not new to Loews and its always been ONE A was all that was necessary. Personally I have found the other 2 on-sites to be more free with the promotions. I'm sorry the kids didnt get their gifts :(.

As far as the Loews First perk of milk and cookies it is once per stay not every night.

In my experiences HRH was the only one that did not treat me like a VIP.

I think it is just a case of getting an uninformed employee. I was prepared to ask to speak to someone else, after I heard people say they were denied for not having straight A's. But, the check in person just made a copy and it was put on my son's card. He had all A's and B's, but certainly not all A's. It is a bummer that they are not more consistent with that program.

We had a nice time, and I am grateful we get to go on such great vacations. But by no means were we treated like royalty at the HRH. They seemed a little overwhelmed, and the parks a little understaffed. Could be the timing, in mid-August they might loose a lot of college aged help.

All around, the biggest disappointment was the pool. Are the other pools at Universal any better? Deeper? That was the big issue.......... Hard to cool off trying to sit on the floor of the pools to stay under water. My kids actually scraped up their feet and legs a little trying to stay cool...... (I have older kids, age 11-17)

What's going on???? I have only heard wonderful things about HRH!!!! Please don't tell me it's changing. We stayed at the RPH and had such a wonderful time, but want to return to Universal and try the Hard Rock. Please tell me good things.

We really want to try this resort.

Okay, I was all set to stay at HRH because of the pool- I think I would like Portofino better- but now I am having second thoughts! Could you tell me more about the pool- was it deep anywhere? Which pool in the Universal Hotels family is better for bigger (older) kids? Thanks

I am definately surprised by the negative review of the Hard Rock Hotel pool. I have tried their pool and found it to be awesome!! (I'm almost 16, BTW). The water slide was actually quite decent and the underwater music was too cool. Never had a problem with "scraping my feet" or anything...but I loved the HRH pool. Never even bothering with RPH or PBH pools (of course, PBH's pool was closed due to a storm...we were going to try it BEFORE we tried HRH.).

I always wanted to try HRH too. I only got to hang out in the pool and see the lobby. Looked really neat. But I know, can't judge a book by its cover. I wouldn't mind just sticking to my "usual" at RPH either, though.

But yes, I too, am extremely surprised by the negative reviews.

The HRH pool is 4'6" at it's deepest part. Most newer hotels are not making their pools much deeper than that for insurance reasons.

We are staying at the HRH in 2 wks, need details. Should I change our reservations? We stayed at Royal Pacific last year and it was nice, but wanted to stay at HRH but it was too expensive but this year we got a great rate at HRH. Should I change my reservation????

We were at the hotel in August and after a few problems, we loved the hotel. Honestly, if you know the pool is 3-4 feet before you go, it shouldn't be a surprise when you get there. We were well aware of the pool depth and enjoyed the pool very much. As adults we sat in the water if we wanted to be covered with water, and it is perfect for kids, they can play and you don't have to feel that stab of fear if you don't see them for a second. Also, there were lots of attentive lifeguards.

We thought housekeeping was great, and as a student, I used to be a housekeeper at a hotel. Our rooms were always cleaned before we came home from the parks and we had turn down service every night (club level, and 2nd floor when I called and asked), and I loved it! Coming back to your room after dinner or a late night at the parks to hear music playing softly, dim lights, ice buckets filled, beds turned down, goodies for the kids was great!!

That being said, I can't wait to try the RPR in November with hubby, I have heard great things about it!

I had one of the best times in Orlando staying at the HRH last Labor Day weekend and am going back this coming weekend.

I have checked other sites and this site here and have found 90% or more comments nothing but WONDERFUL about HRH... of the other 10%, most had one bad orwrong thing happened that colored the whole trip... sad.... Go - have a great time - and remember - your not at home working!

Bob:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter