• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROOm only discount in September?

do they typically have a room only discount in September along with the free dining?
Yes. Last year it was released the same day as Free Dining (so April 24). There was also more availability for rooms in Sept than later in the fall. There were some exclusions: Art of Animation Little Mermaid rooms, and some villas (3-bedrooms, Poly bungalows, Copper Creek, Grand Floridian, Bay Lake Tower). Percentage discount varied from 10% for values to 25% for deluxes.

TY. SO that discount may be a little easier to get than the free dining? As that has been almost impossible. Plus think FD at poly was excluded last year. Is that right?

I think "easier to get" all depends on the resort you are looking at & the dates you are traveling. What might not be available for POFQ weekends might be for GF week day. The key to getting any discount seems to be booking soon after the discounts are released & being flexible with dates, resorts &/or room types.

That said, the resorts all seem to be well booked the last year or so. So there seems to have been less availability for everything lately. Good luck!

DO You know what the room only discount dates were last year? Also there are 3 of us going. Reservation not in my name but I am the only one that has a Disney Visa. If Disney card holders are allowed to get discount sooner can I do this even tho ressie not in my name?

Also does room only mean they would just take the discount off the room portion but we can still keep our hoppers and dining plan as is? Thanks for the assistance!

Also does room only mean they would just take the discount off the room portion but we can still keep our hoppers and dining plan as is? Thanks for the assistance!

No, a room only discount means that room and tickets are purchased separately. The dining plan is only available with packages (so if you want a room only discount, you can’t have the dining plan).

It's been several years since I've done a package, but at that time, yes. One could apply a room-only discount to the room portion of a package. I hope someone with more recent experience can also chime in to help. :)

Yes, you can get a room discount promotion as a package with tickets & dining plan. And the discount would be taken off the room portion.

Edit to add: you can go to the Disney website & see for yourself. Pick the current room discount promotion. As you go through the process, you add tickets. The next page offers you the different dining plans. So you make a package, but the discount is only on the room portion.

Last edited:
DO You know what the room only discount dates were last year? Also there are 3 of us going. Reservation not in my name but I am the only one that has a Disney Visa. If Disney card holders are allowed to get discount sooner can I do this even tho ressie not in my name?

Mousesavers has a historical discount page that lists when discounts came out & what dates were included for the last several years. You might want to check there.

Sorry, this is not true. See above.

I stand by what I said. A room-only discount cannot be applied to a package. (However, a package discount may be applied to a package.) I also stand by what I said about the dining plan needing to be part of a package.

I stand by what I said. A room-only discount cannot be applied to a package. (However, a package discount may be applied to a package.) I also stand by what I said about the dining plan needing to be part of a package.

Go to the Disney site. You can walk through it yourself. You can book a room discount promotion & add tickets & dining to it. Yes, that does make it a package but you get a discount on the "room only" portion. Have been able to do it for years. You get the same discount % on the room whether you book just the room or add tickets & dining.

Here is a screen shot. You can see it is for the " incredible summer room offer".

IMG_0295.PNG

Last edited:
You can get a room discount and add tickets an dining no problem, Ive done it many times...You just only get ONE discount tho

The confirmation number will be numbers only like a room only confirmation vs the letter and numbers for packages

In my experiences, they have always allowed a room only discount to then be converted to a package by adding tickets and, if elected, dining plan. The cancellation terms are less favorable for a package, so it is in Disney's best interest to get everyone on one. As others have stated, the room only discount is applied to the room rate and then the tickets, dining, etc are added on top at full price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter