Room location advice - 1st stay @ SSR

saving our pennies

Mouseketeer
We have booked a 2 bedroom villa (standard view I believe) over New Years. We would like to be close to someplace that has the drink refill machine, and we would like to walk or take the boat to Disney Springs, as well as take the boat to Port Orleans for a meal and sightseeing visit. We'd also prefer an upper floor room. We don't intend to use the pool so that doesn't matter. I was original thinking Paddock would be good, but am now thinking Grandstand?? I like the thought of Grandstand being a good bus stop location (1st on & 1st off??) From the map, it looks like there is only one bus stop there, so just how large is this area anyway?? I'm hoping someone who has been here can help me out! I've never even visited this resort before.

FWIW, we stayed at the Poly in Aeorotea and didn't mind the walk to the TTC (about 10 min +/-). probably don't want to do more than that for something simple like drinks or bus stop.

We love the grandstand area for standard view rooms, There is a drink refill machine at the pool but the Carriage House isn’t that far of a walk for food and coffee,

The boat and walkway to the west side of Disney Springs is pretty close too!

You'll need to transfer boats if you take the boat from SSR to Disney Springs to get a boat to POR/POFQ. There is no direct boat to PO from SSR. But with all your possible requests you are bound to be assigned to Carousel.

Request building #85. It is Grandstand. It is what I call the SSR lottery location and we scored it this past April.
The buildings are not numbered at SSR. 85 might be the start of the range of room numbers.

The buildings are not numbered at SSR. 85 might be the start of the range of room numbers.
Every room ready text I've received for an SSR stay has specifically stated a building number. And yes, the building number is the first two positions of the lowest room number in that building. So the building 85 request for @SL6827 would be for rooms numbered 8501 through 8836.

From a prior SSR stay:

Every room ready text I've received for an SSR stay has specifically stated a building number. And yes, the building number is the first two positions of the lowest room number in that building. So the building 85 request for @SL6827 would be for rooms numbered 8501 through 8836.

From a prior SSR stay:
View attachment 454810
This is correct. 100% correct. The buildings are numbered. I can't remember where I found out this info, but I will try to find it.

I feel very strongly that me knowing the exact building number of where I wanted to be at with SSR played an important part in me getting my "lottery location". That and the fact is was available of course. A standard studio that was closer to SSRs food court verses where many of the preferred studios in the Springs are. I personally feel as that particular building we were in should be classified as preferred but not sure they could do all that. I can't for the life of me remember how I got the building numbers. I think TPlans has the wrong numbers on their site so I didn't get it from there.

Maybe I just figured it out by looking at room ready texts I found like this one online. Screenshot_20191126-122902_Chrome.jpg

I don't think I would ever book SSR again unless I went with preferred. That resort is huge, but I really did like it. There were some buildings that if we had been placed in would have really made our trip a little less magical, but that is a chance you take with a standard room. I took the gamble and it paid off. I was very fortunate to have gotten my request and I try to stress that when I give advice on SSR. I knew that location was requested quite often, but I don't think a lot of people really know the correct building numbers.

I have yet to see a map with the correct building #s listed for SSR. I haven't seen very many people really agree with me on this one but I know I am right. I think it will come to light more in the future. Pretty good though for a DVC rookie?:magnify:

Grandstand is the best for a standard view. I could not believe all the people at the Springs bus stop (last stop before the parks) and with multiple scooters/wheelchairs, lots of people were left behind. For the first time, I ran into people on the boat dock who had obviously parked at Disney Springs and ask the CM at the dock how they can get to Epcot on the boat. He directed them to the SSR boat and told them to get an Epcot bus from the Springs bus stop. I have heard people use SSR transport that way but had never seen it before. If we stay at SSR again, it will only be preferred with a request for Congress Park as we did this past trip. Even though we had a villa that was not refurbished, it was so nice and clean. No complaints.

Grandstand is the best for a standard view. I could not believe all the people at the Springs bus stop (last stop before the parks) and with multiple scooters/wheelchairs, lots of people were left behind. For the first time, I ran into people on the boat dock who had obviously parked at Disney Springs and ask the CM at the dock how they can get to Epcot on the boat. He directed them to the SSR boat and told them to get an Epcot bus from the Springs bus stop. I have heard people use SSR transport that way but had never seen it before. If we stay at SSR again, it will only be preferred with a request for Congress Park as we did this past trip. Even though we had a villa that was not refurbished, it was so nice and clean. No complaints.
This is true.

I feel very strongly that me knowing the exact building number of where I wanted to be at with SSR played an important part in me getting my "lottery location". That and the fact is was available of course. A standard studio that was closer to SSRs food court verses where many of the preferred studios in the Springs are. I personally feel as that particular building we were in should be classified as preferred but not sure they could do all that. I can't for the life of me remember how I got the building numbers. I think TPlans has the wrong numbers on their site so I didn't get it from there.

Yikes! Thank you for this information about TP. I use them most often to request my room location wherever I am staying. I have a standard GV booked for next November and was going to look on the site, now you are saying it is not correct. GGGRRRR
This is very helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!