Room Essentials

Bailey Smith

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! We're staying at POP in the first week of June. I tried researching a good list of items to bring to the hotel to make kids feel more at home, but lists were duds and usually were for older kids or adults.

We're on the dining plan, so we are only planning to do some granola bars, bottled water, and other snacks from Amazon Prime Now.

What are some things to buy or bring to the hotel to make it feel more like home for the kiddos? My kids ages are 6 and 2 1/2.

We brought one special animal each, two favorite books and our sound machine. I would unpack, show the kids where their things are and place their animal where they will be sleeping. A pop up hamper was really helpful in keeping the room tidy.

If your 2.5 yr old is using the potty, a potty seat might make them more comfortable. It is a challenge to keep my kids 'regular' when we travel.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:I wish! At this rate he won't be potty trained until high school! But that's a great idea for anyone who is potty training!!

So this isn't a specific 'list,' but I always ask my daughter to fill a small bag with the things she wants while we are away. I make sure she includes at least one stuffie, some bedtime books and coloring /activity books. Then I let her pick out a few small toys that fit within that bag. Its generally not what I would have picked but :confused3

Anyway, I find having the small toys good for the room because she has always needs some 'play time' when she was 2 and still at age 6 ;)

The other thing that we always bring is her little toothbrush cup so that she can rinse her teeth after brushing. The glasses are kind of too big for that in the room.

So this isn't a specific 'list,' but I always ask my daughter to fill a small bag with the things she wants while we are away. I make sure she includes at least one stuffie, some bedtime books and coloring /activity books. Then I let her pick out a few small toys that fit within that bag. Its generally not what I would have picked but :confused3

Anyway, I find having the small toys good for the room because she has always needs some 'play time' when she was 2 and still at age 6 ;)

The other thing that we always bring is her little toothbrush cup so that she can rinse her teeth after brushing. The glasses are kind of too big for that in the room.

This is a great idea. I will definitely think of some things I can bring for the 2 year old that will make him feel more at home, I am sure I can find a few thing! My oldest I bet will bring a couple of his favorite things!

The first time we went my kids were 4 and 5. They each had their stuffed animal and my son had his blanket (he is 12 and still takes these with him). My daughter brings a blanket too but she is not attached to one so she just picks which one she wants to take. They also get to bring their pillows. They also both had Mobi Goes (V Techs hand held game system). We drive down (it is a very long 24 hour drive) so the kids also had coloring books and portable DVD players but those got put away when we got to Disney.

My kids are the same age :)

When we travel, each kid gets their own stuffy and a couple of special toys. My DD is really into writing/colouring so they will each get an age-appropriate book as well. Honestly I am not planning on much else because we are flying and have found when traveling in the past that we don't need much in the room.

Though, for the younger one you may want to consider bringing take n toss sippy cups and a few morning snacks. Our DS is up with the birds (literally) and we have had to keep him quiet with snacks, a drink, and an iPad movie many a day while his sister was sleeping.

Whenever I travel with my now three year old she gets to bring her baby "blankie" and then I pack a few snacks shes used to eating since the changes in food can cause some drama. Just cheerios and cheddar bunny crackers stuff like that. We might travel enough though that she's just gotten used to it.

I love the potty seat idea though.

Hi everyone! We're staying at POP in the first week of June. I tried researching a good list of items to bring to the hotel to make kids feel more at home, but lists were duds and usually were for older kids or adults.

We're on the dining plan, so we are only planning to do some granola bars, bottled water, and other snacks from Amazon Prime Now.

What are some things to buy or bring to the hotel to make it feel more like home for the kiddos? My kids ages are 6 and 2 1/2.
I am assuming you have been on other vacations/trips with at least the older child and this is more for the older child have a backpack and let him/her pack anything that they want with them. unless you are do the deluxe plan with 3 meals I would look for some simple breakfast type stuff in room nothing is worse than a hungry child and having to wait until you get to another resort/park for something to eat. also if flying remember your child will not be able to carry a blanket/toy thru security. those have to go thru scanner meltdown of a child will not change this and yes I have seen it happen. I would add some juice or what ever your kids like to drink for in the room besides the water. are your kids used to a bedtime snack just before bed you might want to order some of those if used to that. if using a crib for younger pack some sheets and blankets from home so they smell right. also we have found it helpful to have a noise machine for back round noise to block out noise from hall esp if they are used to dark and quiet room. have a great trip and plan on making a memory book of the trip from each child's trip showing what eacg did plus family memories. yes I know it takes more work but is so worth it. ps for the older child small flashlight/pen light to be kept by bed to help in dark when he doesn't know where he is

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!