Room difference question AKL Value 1-Bedroom vs Standard

liza_a

Earning My Ears
Hello - I'm hoping to get some help and feedback about this. I'm going to book my stay for next year at AKL. I usually stay at Kidani in a 1 bedroom standard view to save on points. For next year I saw the Value option and I know it's at Jambo and it's a bit smaller but I was wondering if it's a huge difference, if it'll be uncomfortable or if it's fine? Thanks for any info it's very much appreciate!!!

All Jambo House 1-Bedrooms (Value, Standard View, Savanna View & Concierge Level) only have 1 bathroom. The Value 1-bedrooms are approx. 629 sq ft, while the other Jambo 1-bedrooms are approx. 720 sq ft.

All Kidani Village 1-Bedrooms (Standard View & Savanna View) have 2 full baths and are approx. 807 sq ft.

Value 1BR is 629 sq ft, Kidani 1BR is 802. It is a large, very noticeable difference. However, the value still serves its purpose as providing enough room for up to four although a little tight (ideal if just two and pretty good if only three). You still get a king size bed in bedroom and pull out queen in living room; you do not get the second bathroom or the sleeper chair. What you definitely avoid is the risk of long walks from lobby to room since all values are fairly close to the Jambo lobby area.

You should be prepared to book value at exactly 11 months out at 8 a.m. eastern online and even then some risk exists of not getting a 1BR at times during last quarter of the year.

We just stayed at 1BR value and it was great. It was small but we have a 1yo and 2yo. There are 10 rooms value 1BR's, 4 savanna view, 4 pool, and 2 parking lot. We did a fax request and got room 5116 (savanna view). They are all very close to lobby, crazy good value if you can get it. The floor plan isn't available anywhere I could find, but it is the same as Jambo 1BR, but the last 3 or so feet are cutoff. I've uploaded a file I just made, the room ends and balc begins where the red line is. For us it was great we even got savanna view. With bigger kids might not be.Jambo-1-bd.jpg

Last edited:

We just got back from a short (2-night) stay in an AKV value 1BR. We stayed there after 5 nights in a BWV 1BR and I can honestly say that although it is smaller, the space is more functional. Our daughters are 11 and 13 and they did just fine on the sleeper sofa. We have stayed in the 1BR value before and always had savanna view. This time, we had a pool view and it was wonderful...
image.jpeg
As much as I love the 1BR standard at Kidani, the value 1BR is perfect for our family and they are the reason we bought our contract at AKV.

We had a pool view in a value as well and although we could hear all of the noise from the pool we could only see a tree with little blobs of blue pool here and there.

Thanks everyone for the replies that's definitely the information I was looking for - we always do adults only trips - so I think 4 adults may be a bit cramped so I'll stick with the standard villa at Kidani - we definitely need that extra bathroom with our stays :)

Thanks again!

Thanks everyone for the replies that's definitely the information I was looking for - we always do adults only trips - so I think 4 adults may be a bit cramped so I'll stick with the standard villa at Kidani - we definitely need that extra bathroom with our stays :)

Thanks again!

With 4 adults I'd say Kidani is much better!!! Extra bathroom and extra space is vital!

We just stayed at 1BR value and it was great. It was small but we have a 1yo and 2yo. There are 10 rooms value 1BR's, 4 savanna view, 4 pool, and 2 parking lot. We did a fax request and got room 5116 (savanna view). They are all very close to lobby, crazy good value if you can get it. The floor plan isn't available anywhere I could find, but it is the same as Jambo 1BR, but the last 3 or so feet are cutoff. I've uploaded a file I just made, the room ends and balc begins where the red line is. For us it was great we even got savanna view. With bigger kids might not be.View attachment 203450
Hi there i was wondering if you could tell me how you requested room 5116? I know you said you faxed it in? I have never done that so wanted to check. Thanks

We just stayed at 1BR value and it was great. It was small but we have a 1yo and 2yo. There are 10 rooms value 1BR's, 4 savanna view, 4 pool, and 2 parking lot. We did a fax request and got room 5116 (savanna view). They are all very close to lobby, crazy good value if you can get it. The floor plan isn't available anywhere I could find, but it is the same as Jambo 1BR, but the last 3 or so feet are cutoff. I've uploaded a file I just made, the room ends and balc begins where the red line is. For us it was great we even got savanna view. With bigger kids might not be.View attachment 203450
Close, but Actually, the Kitchen is a straight galley, with the Fridge right next to the stove and there's no Island because that wall opposite of the cabinets is 2 to 3 ft. closer. Of the 3 Value rooms, the 2BR, (which is actually a 1BR+Studio), is nearly impossible to get, because you'll need BOTH a 1BR AND the Adjacent studio available. The Studios themselves are almost impossible to get, because they are literally the lowest point rooms in all of Disney that you can book. Of the Value rooms, the easiest to book is the 1BR, but usually you will still need to book right at 11 months if it's going to be during any sort of busy times, like Spring Break, Easter or Christmas. Other times of the year, you might be able to get it with a LITTLE less lead time, but not much.

Close, but Actually, the Kitchen is a straight galley, with the Fridge right next to the stove and there's no Island because that wall opposite of the cabinets is 2 to 3 ft. closer. Of the 3 Value rooms, the 2BR, (which is actually a 1BR+Studio), is nearly impossible to get, because you'll need BOTH a 1BR AND the Adjacent studio available. The Studios themselves are almost impossible to get, because they are literally the lowest point rooms in all of Disney that you can book. Of the Value rooms, the easiest to book is the 1BR, but usually you will still need to book right at 11 months if it's going to be during any sort of busy times, like Spring Break, Easter or Christmas. Other times of the year, you might be able to get it with a LITTLE less lead time, but not much.
I thought some of the values had the island in the kitchen??

Every 1 bedroom value I’ve stayed in has had a different layout 😂 it’s kinda fun
So some do have an island and some don’t? I don’t know what we will do if we end up in one without one! The table in that room is so small and we’ll have six people (2 bedroom value)

So some do have an island and some don’t? I don’t know what we will do if we end up in one without one! The table in that room is so small and we’ll have six people (2 bedroom value)
Yes some do and some don’t. I know for sure that the accessible one did not. Let me look and see if I have any pictures.

Yes some do and some don’t. I know for sure that the accessible one did not. Let me look and see if I have any pictures.
So this was the accessible one (not requested, just the luck of the draw). The table is in the back corner, no kitchen island.

Attachments

• IMG_5950.jpeg
    IMG_5950.jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 16
So this was the accessible one (not requested, just the luck of the draw). The table is in the back corner, no kitchen island.
Oh interesting! I guess maybe it makes sense not to have one in the accessible unit? Thanks so much for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter