Room deposit glitch

Captainkidd76

DIS Veteran
Last week I booked our room at PBH for Labor Day weekend. I noticed the charge wasn't appearing on my credit card statement after 4 days, which is highly unusual for Universal. Anyways, I called to switch to RPR after an AP rate came out. I was put on hold as the agent looked into the refund for the original reservation. She came back and told me there was a glitch and the card was never charged. I gave her the card again for the new deposit. Here's where it gets weird. I requested the online form to make a payment and paid the balance off. That charge showed up literally within 2 hours, but still, no charge for the deposit amount. Worst case is I'll just owe that amount upon check in, however, I can see this causing confusion for other people this happens to.

I reserved a room last week and it took several days for the charge to show up on my card. I was surprised but it did eventually show up. It is still listed as 'pending' although several other charges I made that day have been processed. I know with some of my cards they are listed as pending and then they disappear for a day or two before they show up again as a charge.

I would be curious to know if/when your deposit does show up.

Last edited:
I reserved a room last week and it took several days for the charge to show up on my card. I was surprised but it did eventually show up. It is still listed as 'pending' although several other charges I made that day have been processed. I know with some of my cards they are listed as pending and then they disappear for a day or two before they show up again as a charge.

I would be curious to know if/when your deposit does show up.

That's the even weirder part - Deposit isn't even listed as pending. Just not there.

Last week I booked our room at PBH for Labor Day weekend. I noticed the charge wasn't appearing on my credit card statement after 4 days, which is highly unusual for Universal. Anyways, I called to switch to RPR after an AP rate came out. I was put on hold as the agent looked into the refund for the original reservation. She came back and told me there was a glitch and the card was never charged. I gave her the card again for the new deposit. Here's where it gets weird. I requested the online form to make a payment and paid the balance off. That charge showed up literally within 2 hours, but still, no charge for the deposit amount. Worst case is I'll just owe that amount upon check in, however, I can see this causing confusion for other people this happens to.

It took several days for my card to be charged for the deposit as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter