Room availabilities in October 2018

Stacey Faria

Earning My Ears
I am really hoping someone has a clue as to why the Poly is sold out for so many weeks in October rack rate?? In 14 years of going to WDW I have never had so much trouble finding a rack rate room! I am looking at Oct 8-14th and just cant figure out whats going on :( I can understand if I was looking at a discount, but not rack rate. Does anyone have a clue as to what's going on?? Any chance rooms will open up before the 6 month mark or will I have to choose another resort? thanks in advance!

October 8th is Columbus Day.

More and more school systems have a legit full fall break, and Columbus Day week is a popular date for that to fall around.

Gartner (huge IT convention) is October 14-18. (Although I don’t know if Poly is one of their resorts, it probably is and/or is impacted by less availability at other resorts)

October overall has become very popular. These boards were full of “everything is booked” threads last fall, and it looks like this year might be the same given your search results.

Wish I had more positive news for you!

Ya that kind of stinks. I have been in October before once, but we usually go yearly in December, decided to go for MNSSHP and food and wine instead this year. It's our Canadian thanksgiving and my daughter is off that week in Uni so we thought it would be a good week so she doesnt miss classes. Oh well back to the drawing board. Thanks everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter