Room 2073 - cat 10 - deck 2 - anyone know this room?

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
I just got off the phone and booked this stateroom. Please tell me this was a good thing. I had my plans with staterooms crossed off per Dave from Marietta's advice and this was not one of the crossed off rooms. So I said YES.

2073 does have a connecting door to the room next door, but hopefully this won't be a problem. You're under Lumière's rather than a nightclub, so noise shouldn't be a problem. Sounds great.

Yes! We had this room on our Oct. 2000 Magic cruise. We also had the adjoining room. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. It was a great location, easy to get to the dining rooms and on and off the ship at ports, close to the elevators (although we used the stairs most of the time). It was also very quiet. There are however fingernail marks as you near the door. Those would be mine . . . when they tried to get me off the ship at the end our our cruise!! :D Happy sailing. You'll have a great time!

My family and I will be in both 2073 and 2071 on Feb 3 - 7. So glad to hear these room's pass the Dave from Marietta test. This is our first cruise and am hoping things go great for us. We are pretty easy to please, so I'm not too worried, but getting a good nights sleep in a quiet room sure makes the rest of the day more enjoyable.

Can someone point me in the direction of Dave's "Not So Great" room list? Thanks!

First of all, let me state that, for the majority of the rooms, Deck 2 is very quiet and you should have no problem staying there. But there are some zones where staterooms are near loud mechanical equipment (electrical lockers, transformer rooms, a/c equipment rooms, ship's propellers, cargo hatches, etc.).

So with the disclaimer that "your mileage may vary" and that you may be willing to put up with the "dull roar" in exchange for a good fare, these are the rooms that are in noisy zones:

<nl><li>2000 - 2004
<li>2036 - 2045
<li>2078 - 2096
<li>2114 - 2129
<li>2139 - 2153
<li>2500 - 2509
<li>2586 - 2600
<li>2626
<li>2630 - 2653</nl>

Also, on Deck 1, you might want to avoid 1030 - 1037.

The noise in these zones is not so loud that it would ruin your vacation, but if you are sensitive to noise, you would probably want to consider another room or be sure to bring earplugs to wear when you go to bed.

Thanks Dave!

I am in Rooms 2573 and 2575, Deck 2. Hopefully all will go well. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter