Romantic Disney Honeymoon!

Nathalie_Rae

Nathalie_Rae
Hi all :earsgirl: My fiance and I are planning a trip to Disney World for our honeymoon next October (2019). I've been when I was a teenager and I have planned two DL trips, but I haven't tackled DW yet. I was looking for suggestions on the following:

1. Hotels- What's most romantic? We are looking at both Deluxe (renting DVC points if possible) and Moderate resorts.

2. What are MUST DO's for a romantic Disney vacation. Experiences/tours/sights/anything else

3. Most romantic dining. We are looking to have a nice dinner. *Bonus points if it's vegetarian friendly (for me)

Congrats on planning your Disney Honeymoon. We just got back from ours in September and had an awesome time!

1. Hotels - I think most of the hotels have some sort of romantic aspects - for us, we stayed at AKL in a Savannah view room. Typically, we only do moderates so we decided to treat ourselves for the honeymoon. Before picking AKL, we had narrowed it down to GF, Poly, BC and OKW. We loved the themes at each of those resorts and I think the theme will go a long way towards romance. AKL was very romantic BUT it was also very far from everything. We knew that and thought that would be part of the appeal but after 10 days it was a bit too far for us.

2. We did the Keys to the Kingdom tour which was a really great tour but not very romantic. The dessert parties are always fun and I'd do the one at Tomorrowland Terrace because there is seating and tables. Carriage ride over at POR is always a nice choice too.

3. One of the best meals we had was at Bongos at DS. It's a high energy location but the upstairs level offered some tables that were off to the side. Be Our Guest at MK is just beautiful and can be highly romantic. Another good choice there is CRT for dinner. I also thought that GF Cafe was very romantic. It must be all the old Victorian charm - and the food was very good too.

Congrats!!

For hotels the Epcot resorts are great for a more adult atmosphere and the ability to walk to two parks. I personally like the Boardwalk the best. The Swan and Dolphin will be cheaper in cost so you'll get a deluxe hotel for moderate prices. Animal Kingdom Lodge Savannah view is really great, it is so unique. I just don't like how far it is from all the parks, if you have more days you aren't going to the parks it's a great choice.

We've done the Keys to the Kingdom tour and it was amazing, I would do it again. I've been looking into the tour in Animal Kingdom where you get to go behind the scenes of the Safari. The tour that takings you behind the scenes of Living with the Land (I forget the name) also looks interesting. I've heard this one doesn't fill up as fast so you could try walking up if you have time in your Epcot day.

Definitely schedule some Signature Dining. Jiko is amazing, Victoria and Albert's is as well, but it is really expensive. The brunch at California Grill is so good, it's only available on Sundays.

Hi all :earsgirl: My fiance and I are planning a trip to Disney World for our honeymoon next October (2019). I've been when I was a teenager and I have planned two DL trips, but I haven't tackled DW yet. I was looking for suggestions on the following:

1. Hotels- What's most romantic? We are looking at both Deluxe (renting DVC points if possible) and Moderate resorts.

2. What are MUST DO's for a romantic Disney vacation. Experiences/tours/sights/anything else

3. Most romantic dining. We are looking to have a nice dinner. *Bonus points if it's vegetarian friendly (for me)

For hotels, I think the most popular choices for a honeymoon are Grand Floridian, Polynesian, and Beach Club. Personally, my top 3 choices would be a theme park view at Grand Floridian, Polynesian, or Contemporary/ Bay Lake Tower as I love being close to the Magic Kingdom and that feels the most "Disney" to me. For our honeymoon, we did a mix of Grand Floridian and Animal Kingdom Lodge. Since we got married at the wedding pavilion at Grand Floridian, it felt special to stay at the resort. The DVC rooms are also gorgeous there but it would be difficult to rent points for a studio there as it is difficult to book.

For experiences, we really like the PM extra magic hours when offered at the parks (free). We also like going to Typhoon Lagoon. We haven't done the Wild Africa Trek in AK but it is also on our list. Firework cruises would also be special. You could watch Illuminations or Happily Ever After from a boat. Get something (cake, chocolate strawberries, champagne) delivered to your room. Disney Floral and Gifts has a lot of options to make your hotel room feel special.

For dining, our favorite restaurant for food and atmosphere is California Grill. You can watch the fireworks as you eat. Other restaurants that could be romantic are Jiko at AKL and Yachtsman at BC. We haven't done Victoria and Alberts, their most fancy and expensive restaurant at GF but it might be romantic. Other fun dining we like are Ohana, Coral Reef, Teppan Edo, Cinderella's Royal Table, and Be Our Guest. I would recommend dong the Deluxe Dining Plan so that it feels all inclusive and you can get anything you want.

Last edited:
We stayed at AKL in 2017 for our Honeymoon and it was incredible. Its further from everything but that wasn't an issue since, ya know, there are buses that take you everywhere. 10 extra mins in one isn't a deal breaker. We stayed in a Savannah room which was incredible and the resort itself is so different from the rest. Its also nice and quiet which is great if you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the parks and kids. Additionally, we were EXTREMELY lucky and must have bathed in magic before we left because when we checked in we were upgraded, for free, to club level access (in itself is $1000s more for a club level room). I have never heard of this happening often and certainly is one hell of magical sprinkle.

Hopefully you have just as much fun and magic!

Just got back from my August Honeymoon!

1. The Polynesian. Close to the parks, casual, fun atmosphere, I loved the rooms (although the hallways to the rooms are very dated), and the overall vibe there lends itself to a relaxing, vacation mode honeymoon. Also, best bar on property is at that resorts (Trader Sam's).

2. Do at least one dessert party. If either of you like Star Wars I 100% recommend the Star Wars Dessert Party @ HS. By the best in terms of atmosphere, food, included drinks and view. Also, take time one evening if you're staying at the Poly to watch the fireworks from the pool/hot tub/beach.

3. Surprisingly, the dinner I wasn't certain my husband would even like was both of our favorite. Sanaa at AKL was incredible. Ask for a window table, book right when the restaurant opens. They feed the animals around that time so they are all close to the window, it's delicious Indian food. Get the bread service, as it was incredible, and there is a lot of great vegetarian options. I had the paneer tikka as part of my meal, and I thought it was amazing.

Our (delayed) honeymoon is coming up in May

1. For hotels I’d recommend Deluxe: Yatch Club, Grand Floridian or Poly; Moderate: POFQ (the most romantic of the moderated IMO) and as a bonus Value: POP - DH and I went with POP because we don’t expect to be at the resort much.

2. Romantic activities: couples massage, horse-drawn carriage ride at either Port Orleans or Fort Wilderness, kiss goodnight at MK

3. Restaurants: Signature dinning all the way. Highly recommend California Grill. Reserve for fireworks time and you have an amazing view of the MK fireworks during your meal. It also has some great vegetarian options. BOG, CRT and Storybook at Artist point are great for that magical fairytale kind of feel. Storybook isn’t a signature dinning experience but it’s shared plates for apps and dessert and the venue is an enchanted forest. CRT though can get loud and it’s popular with kids. Another favourite of ours in Morimoto Asia in Disney Springs - classy, elegant and amazing food (signature dining as well)

Not planning to Honeymoon in Disney World, BUT we're doing a short trip this year before our wedding the following year, so it's like a "pre-wedding mini Honeymoon," LOL, regardless I have a bit of experience travelling to WDW w/ my significant other so I'll chime in.

1: Hotels: it's your honeymoon so splurge and go deluxe. As far as "most romantic" go, I would say The Grand Floridian takes the cake. So romantic! But it's not everyone's *cup of tea* so I'd also recommend the Polynesian, which will give off that "honeymoon vacay" feel, and also the Wilderness Lodge, for a bit of a quieter feel. I think even the Boardwalk Inn could be quite nice if you'd prefer to be closer to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Can't get much closer cause you can walk to them from Boardwalk!

2. Activities: Fantasyland in Magic Kingdom has a lantern photo-op (ala Tangled) that looks sweet. As already mentioned Port Orleans has a carriage ride. Have a treat delivered to your room. Kiss on rides like Haunted Mansion in the dark! And I second the dessert party idea. Maybe not the Fantasmic one, but splurge for the Happily Ever After one, it’s nice. Shop for wedding-related or Mickey & Minnie souvenirs :) But also I would just say dining at a nice restaurant and enjoying the hot tub at the resort can be romantic, or walks around the resort or Boardwalk, and grab a cocktail at Abracada-bar. Surrey rides!

3. Splurge for signature dining at least once or twice! I LOVE Be Our Guest for this. Last trip I made a 7:00 reservation, had a relaxing dinner with champagne, and watched Happily Ever After afterwards. We didn't do rides this night so I dressed up :) Other favorites are Le Cellier and Monsieur Paul's in Epcot's World Showcase, though I haven't been to either. There are of course wonderful restaurants at the Boardwalk (Flying Fish) and Disney Springs (The Boathouse, Morimoto Asia, etc.) but there's something extra magical about romantic dining IN the parks. :)

HAVE FUN and take advantage of PhotoPass Memory Maker!!!!

Congrats!! :) We got married at WDW and had a WDW honeymoon as well. Here are my thoughts:

1) In my opinion, the most romantic resorts are:
-Polynesian (Deluxe)
-Grand Floridian (Deluxe)
-Port Orleans Riverside (Moderate)

That said though, you should really research all of the resorts and decide which theme and location are best for you. WDW resorts are so amazing and beautifully themed, it really all comes down to personal style and location.

2) Honestly, the most romantic thing we did on our Disneymoon, besides dinner at California Grill, was the day we spent at Fort Wilderness. We rented a golf cart and rode around the beautiful grounds of the resort, and went to the Hoop De Doo Revue, and then a campfire & watched the fireworks. It was our favorite day of the trip :)

3) California Grill during the Fireworks.

We spent our honeymoon staying club-level at the Yacht Club, which was AWESOME. Knowing what I know now, BWV would have been a very close second.

It's a very subjective question, though - go with your heart!

I’m in the process of trying to plan my Disney honeymoon too! Thank you for all the great reccomendations!

We split our honeymoon between AKL and the Boardwalk with rented points and 10/10 would do again!!! Both hotels were amazing and romantic! Slight edge to AKL as that was our hotel the day after our wedding and our room was ready the second our flight landed. YMMV though so go with your gut! You really can't go wrong

My husband-to-be and I are planning on doing a 3 night mini honeymoon before going back to work after our wedding. Our real honeymoon will take place in 6 months after wedding. Disney has always been a dream for me because of the customer service and special treatment, but my fiance is concerned it will be filled with screaming kids and not relaxing at all. It would be great if we could go mid-May it wouldn't be too busy, as most kidds will be in school, but it would be mid June... I have found some useful hack from Walt Disney's Disneyland travel book , but still need some recommendations.

You and your fiance should DEFINITELY go to WDW for a mini honeymoon! My fiance and I go to WDW every year by ourselves (sometimes with my family, but there are never small children in our party) and we absolutely love it. I can understand why your fiance might think it will be swarming with children, but it really never feels like that to us. There are a multitude of adult experiences, from rides to dining, that it's plenty easy to take an "adult vacation".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!