Rollator and bus

MintShakes

Earning My Ears
I have previously used an ECV when visiting WDW and we are considering making another trip. My issues have improved to where I can now walk more but sometimes need a place to sit and rest quickly so I don't pass out. I have used a rollator here at home to do large areas like museums and such-but I was wondering how it worked getting a rollator on a WDW bus? Thanks!

I have previously used an ECV when visiting WDW and we are considering making another trip. My issues have improved to where I can now walk more but sometimes need a place to sit and rest quickly so I don't pass out. I have used a rollator here at home to do large areas like museums and such-but I was wondering how it worked getting a rollator on a WDW bus? Thanks!

Hi, MintShakes.

It depends. If the WDW bus queue line looks short enough when you enter to not fill up all of the WDW bus seats, you could enter the main entrance, have a seat, fold your rollator walker, and hold it to allow other guests to walk by you and to stand.

Or you could go to the designated wheelchair/mobility scooter waiting area. Some WDW bus queues have a separate queue and a few are inside the regular WDW bus queue line with a gate near the rear of the front row.

You can use your rollator to sit while waiting for the bus.

If the WDW bus driver is loading the maximum number of mobility vehicles that have to be tied down, just try and get his attention that you will be folding your rollator walker and sitting in a seat and folding and holding your rollator walker.

Most of the time I took mine through the front door. One step up - hard but not impossible. Then sat and folded it. A couple of times I used the ramp but it was uncomfortable of be although a few times there were no seats on the bus and I had to stand and hold the walker (I was one of the first to get on when there weren’t any seats left or no seats left on lower level) a couple of times people got up and went up the stairs to sit at the back. A few times I had to stand and hold the folded walker. That was very hard. Going in the back door makes it more likely to get a seat. I wouldn’t have asked anyone to stand for me because a) they were ahead of me and b) who knows - maybe they needed a seat as much as me. So to make a long story longer I suggest going in after the wheelchairs and scooters

If you can’t do a step up, wait in the designated disabled spot and wave at the bus driver as he/she pulls in. They can extend the ramp and you can just walk on up.

I travel with someone sometimes who uses a rollator and she waits with the wheelchairs and does the ramp generally...then folds up her rollator. The downside for that is if you do not need the ramp - then coming back from a park to your resort sometimes when it is super busy (like after fireworks) the wheelchair waiting area could get crazy long. If you can do the steps at all even slowly, you may want to do it that way....at least if the lines are very long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter