Roll call 10/26/03 Wonder..anyone there?

That's alright BabySam. Thanks for the welcome! DD wanted me to change my name from 1st time cruiser because it wouldn't make sense after our cruise. I guess she's planning on us going on lots of cruises.

We are so excited and can't believe it's only two weeks now - even less for those extra lucky people going to the parks first.

One question I had was whether anyone knew whether there was a drugstore on-board? We will take what we think we'll need but it would be nice to know if there was a place to get things if something unexpected came up.

Susan

:earsgirl: The ship does have a doctor and if you need something you can get it. I tend to pack a little bit of everything to cover all the bases.;)

Glad to have you on board...

12 days!! I can not believe it. I checked accuweather.com and it looks fabulous for our trip~~~:sunny: :sunny: I just hope that forcast holds up.
I tried on several outfits last night trying to decide what I want to bring. I have started throwing things into my suitcase.

:wave2: Talk to ya all later.....:wave2:

You going crazy Minnie? 2 days! woohoo for you! Have fun in WDW and we will see you on the ship!!!

Hey HooKooDooKu! Glad your sailing with us! The late seating can be negotiated once you are on the ship. If you call guest services they will get you in touch with the head server and see if they can change your seating. He said he probably could if we would have called when we got on the ship. I know my son was cranky at dinner when we had late seating last time. He was tired and didn't want to sit still. Just a thought. Hope it helps!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

We'll be in 5520.

Less than two weeks now:wave2:

:earsgirl: That is the room my Aunt had originally booked when I booked 5020. So cool that you snatched it up when she let it go.

I can not believe how soon we are going! Tomorrow night I am going to buy me and Josie a new BIG suit case so I can fit all our stuff in it.
:tongue: :tongue:

I have been reading on the trip report boards that several people have been getting surprise upgrades when they check in. Some where moved from a Cat 11 to a 5!!! Would that not be awesome......:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: Although I may be a bit nervous having a veranda with Jo Jo....:eek:

Take care.....:wave2:

Way to go aunt - I hope she enjoys her verandah:D

We already had been booked into a SPH, 5024 I believe. One Saturday night, I was surfing the DIS and someone had posted about a website where you could see some of the available cabins. Imagine my surprise when 5520 was listed as available. I quickly tried to figure out if that was also a SPH, because there was some braincell of mine that was flashing SPH, SPH, SPH. I quickly got my reservation number, and called DCL. The CM at DCL was so excited I was able to switch from 5024 into this SPH. She couldn't believe that someone gave an SPH up. (While there is the ongoing debate about who to book through - since I did my ressie direct with DCL, I was just able to switch it. Hopefully I have not used up my allotment of pixie dust!

I bought a new suitcase about a week ago, it is still in my van. I have been so busy with a number of things that I really haven't had a chance to actually pack. Although I do have some piles of my DD's clothes/bathing suits just about ready to go. I also have some of the misc. recommendations already in the "packing zone" i.e. the laundry soap tablets, a roll of quarters for the laundry etc. Not very exciting stuff, but I would hate to have to figure that out the night before we leave.

Please tell your aunt thanks for the room! Although if your aunt really misses being close to you, we could arrange for a switch! ;)

CLH glad you got my room! I just loved my verandah and couldn't pass up having another one this trip. I hated giving up my SPH but I am glad it went to a friend of mine on the boards! :wave2:

I will miss my little niece, but I will be okay...:cutie:

I can't believe we only have 10 days till the trip! Soon we will be in the single digits!

See ya'll...soon!:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

On Saturday night, we'll be at the Radisson, without a car:( We need to be up at 4:30 in the morning to get the the airport, so we are taking a towncar to Port Canaveral. Will anyone else be there too?

:wave: The 12 of us going will also be staying at the Radisson on Sat night... We leave St.Louis at 8:00 am and should arrive and be to the Rad by 1:00. We have a shuttle taking us to the hotel.

So we won't have a car either.

We have decided to go to a place called Grills Seafood and Tiki bar Sat for dinner. We want to watch the Magic leave port...:boat: They say it sails right by and blows it horn at the people dining.:hyper: We are so excited and the kids are going to love it. Check out the website. It looks fun..

www.visitgrills.com

I guess we will grab a taxi to the restaurant. It is less than a mile away.

Not much longer!!:sunny:

That restaurant sounds fabulous. I'll have to fly that one past DH. Do you know if they have a children's menu?

I'm sure that you noticed the coupon on their website?:yo-yo: :yo-yo:

I look like this in the morning!:crazy:

:sunny: When I was looking on line to find out about the restaurant it was listed under family places in Cocoa beach.:sunny:

So I believe it is Kid friendly..... My DD loves fried shrimp and so I know they have that covered.

You can e-mail them and ask them about the kids menu?:wave2:

I can not believe that we leave next Saturday!!!! One more week!

:wave2: :wave2:

OH YES! I did print the coupon!!!:hyper: :hyper: The menu sounds great!

Single digits, can you believe it?!?! Not much longer and we'll be leaving port for four days of fun and sun!! I'm so excited...

Who will be wearing green at the sailaway party? I'll see what I have in the suitcase..I've had it packed for so long that I can't remember!!

Anyone going to Palo, or have spa reservations? I think we're going to go to Palo twice, the 27th and the 30th. I'm not too big on the spa idea.

See you REAL SOON!!

Are you also sailing on the 10/30/03 Wonder...The rest of us will be disembarking on the morning of the 30th...

If everything goes according to my plan, my DD, 9, will be wearing lime green shorts - they were her favorites this summer. Of course - since I WANT her to wear them - she'll probably find something wrong with them.

Are you getting to the port on Sunday?

Wishing you a lovely wedding day!

No no no...I'll be on the 10/26 wonder. It was very late last night when I wrote that post and I didn't realize that I had put the 30th for a Palo night!! Thanks for catching that!! :hyper:

Hi to all!!

Wow, just one week and a day to the big day. After hoping for so long that it would hurry up and come, now I feel like I need more time to get everything done. This is the weekend for laundary and packing for us, since we leave really early Saturday.

BabyJosie98 thanks for the link to accuweather. That 15 day forecast is great. I've been checking it every day. The forecast for our days has been changing a little every day, but basically looks good.

Love reading all the tips on this board. Not sure how many of them I'll remember - maybe I should take notes. Anyway, at least we won't be totally clueless.

Susan :hyper:

Where are you staying on Saturday night?

Some of us are going to be at the Radisson.

According to Verandah Man - you can now reserve your shuttle time in advance to get to the port. We're on the 10:30.

We filled out the cruise docs today. It is getting close!!!

Can you guys stand it?! 5 days!!!! Woo Hoo!!:Pinkbounc

CLH you at the Radisson too...great!

Like I said I will wear my glasses, you pick me out of a crowd at 20 paces!:rotfl: I have black horn rimmed glasses and I think I will be wearing my black linen overalls. I dont have anything green so thats why I'm telling any of you that want to meet me and Babyjosie. Hope we get to chat for a minute in the terminal, thats were a lot of Diser's try to meet...so look for me and say "Hey!":wave2: I have short dark hair and will have a little 4yr old son in tow.

Good luck with the wedding!

Sol I think I may do the spa once for something I really haven't figured out what I want to do yet. Palos we are going on either the first night or the last.

It has been a pleasure chatting with all of you for the past few months and I hope you all have a wonderful cruise!
:grouphug:

I think it is because we need to leave for the airport at 5:00 on Saturday morning. I am soooo not a morning person. So everything needs to be ready by Friday evening.

I just know I am going to have the "what if I forget something important" nightmares this week. As long as it isn't the airline tickets, driver's license, cruise docs or birth certificates, I know I can buy anything else. But I still think I'll have a "forgot something important" nightmare or two.

Oh well, a nice stiff drink before bedtime will probably solve that...

BabySam - we are in one of the SPH, #5520. When we are at the terminal, waiting to board, my DD will be wearing lime green shorts and a striped shirt - IF IT KILLS ME (AND IT JUST MAY) - that is what she will be wearing.

We are signed up for the 10:30 shuttle over to the terminal.

Can't wait for the warm weather...We are getting close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter