Roku vs. Fire Stick??

Are they older versions? I wasn’t a fan of the one I had several years ago (2012) and gave it to my parents but this Ultra is really nice. It pretty much set itself up including the volume and power for the TV. The interface is completely different from what I remember.

Yeah, probably 5 years old or so. And it was the cheapest one when it was new, I'm sure, because it was free as part of a promo for prepaying a few months of Sling.

I'm going to return the Fire Stick and get the Roku with the TV power/volume control (because having to keep track of the two remotes is one of the things I hate about the current setup!), since it seems like that's the only platform other than Android/iOS that Xfinity is interested in developing for. The website lists the Fire Stick as supported, but searching shows that it is only certain models from previous years, not the current generation.

In a perfect world, I wouldn't need either gizmo because the app would be available for my XBox and I could just do everything on that... but just like for the Fire Stick, there's no app available for the major gaming systems and the built-in web browser doesn't support streaming via the Xfinity website. This whole streaming thing is getting to be more and more of a hassle as everyone tries to lock down their content with their devices and their apps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter