ROFR

Cupcake232

Mouseketeer
Is there anyway to tell what date Disney is currently reviewing for Right of First Refusal?

If you are friendly with your broker and it has been a "reasonable" amount of time (subject to interpretation) they might call and see if they are looking at it yet. When did your contract get submitted?

If you are friendly with your broker and it has been a "reasonable" amount of time (subject to interpretation) they might call and see if they are looking at it yet. When did your contract get submitted?
It was only 8 days ago (1/30/20) I was just wondering if there was a way to know what contracts they are looking at but I definitely don’t want to bother my broker yet :) I’m just anxiously waiting. Lol

Check out the ROFR thread, people tend to update that pretty quickly and you can see in real time when contracts are passing or being taken, then you can also see when that particular contract was submitted. I have been watching and it looks like they are currently around February 21 or so.. but, like anything, there are some that go faster and some that take longer

Check out the ROFR thread, people tend to update that pretty quickly and you can see in real time when contracts are passing or being taken, then you can also see when that particular contract was submitted. I have been watching and it looks like they are currently around February 21 or so.. but, like anything, there are some that go faster and some that take longer
Thank you for the tip! I will take a look at that thread as well!

I had one take 57 days if I remember correctly - last year! Hard to believe and I don't feel like digging out the paperwork so I can't tell you for sure, but it was a nail biter (I got it)! You still have another week or two or three so bake cookies for your neighbors or something to stay busy :rolleyes1

As Tom Petty said, “Waiiiiting is the hardest part”
It really is:) I’m a patient person. Just didn’t know if I could see where they were at so I had a ballpark timeframe for when I might have an email. Thanks everyone 😊

Dumb Question - if Disney is buying back contracts at resorts that are sold out, what do they do with them? Are we able to buy these "direct" from them at some point? Thx

Dumb Question - if Disney is buying back contracts at resorts that are sold out, what do they do with them? Are we able to buy these "direct" from them at some point? Thx
Not a dumb question. :) Yes, you can get on a waitlist for a sold-out resort. When Disney exercises ROFR they then turn around and sell it to someone on the waitlist. Direct sales office is currently closed, however, and nobody knows when they'll reopen although there's speculation it will be at least by when the parks reopen in July, if not sooner when some of the resorts reopen in June.

Is there anyway to tell what date Disney is currently reviewing for Right of First Refusal?
From the ROFR thread (https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...formatting-tool.3798344/page-55#post-61971839), it seems like ROFR is taking well over 30 days currently.

I also highly recommend the Closing Time thread (https://www.disboards.com/threads/closing-time.3392820/) - it is very much a "misery loves company" place right now for people awaiting the various steps in the closing process, lol. It's also a great resource to see what others' timelines have been.

Not a dumb question. :) Yes, you can get on a waitlist for a sold-out resort. When Disney exercises ROFR they then turn around and sell it to someone on the waitlist. Direct sales office is currently closed, however, and nobody knows when they'll reopen although there's speculation it will be at least by when the parks reopen in July, if not sooner when some of the resorts reopen in June.
I had no idea! Thank you for the clear answer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!