ROFR Thread July to Sept 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
*I just realized there is a pull down bed in the studio at Boulder Ridge. I'm thinking that's what you meant. That makes a huge difference with sleeping arrangements for siblings.

Yes, the Studios! If we get this resale, two bedrooms are definitely an option for us, but we have 127 points direct to guarantee at least a studio for a week for every season except Premier. Our sons literally refuse to share a bed and would rather sleep on the floor than share a bed. And while we could take the “fine, sleep on the floor” and being an air mattress, we’d prefer to have the third bed option in the Studios.

(Can I express how annoyed I am that the 1-Bedrooms don’t have the third bed pulldown???)

Yes, the Studios! If we get this resale, two bedrooms are definitely an option for us, but we have 127 points direct to guarantee at least a studio for a week for every season except Premier. Our sons literally refuse to share a bed and would rather sleep on the floor than share a bed. And while we could take the “fine, sleep on the floor” and being an air mattress, we’d prefer to have the third bed option in the Studios.

(Can I express how annoyed I am that the 1-Bedrooms don’t have the third bed pulldown???)

I wish they all had a pulldown and slept 5 minimum.

SherylLC---$155-$16280-100-VGF-Dec-0/18, 146/19, 100/20- sent 9/20
I hope you get it. I had a similar one taken priced at $150.

I think disney have taken most if not all under $160 for the past many moons. Since we are approaching EOY you will hopefully have more luck.

Btw at which broker did you find this one?

I hope you get it. I had a similar one taken priced at $150.

I think disney have taken most if not all under $160 for the past many moons. Since we are approaching EOY you will hopefully have more luck.

Btw at which broker did you find this one?
Fidelity
It was a full-price offer.
If they block it, it is the company whose name means "faithful" :)

I hear you. The more I research each resort the more I'm frustrated with the differences in the sleeping setup of same category rooms. I feel like I have to really examine each one to make sure I didnt miss something important. I had almost decided on somewhere that did not have the sleeper chair in the livingroom without realizing they all didn't have it. I need both kids to be in the livingroom on some of our trips, but have their own bed. Thankfully our home resort does have it, but not because I had noticed beforehand, just pure luck.

I hear you. The more I research each resort the more I'm frustrated with the differences in the sleeping setup of same category rooms. I feel like I have to really examine each one to make sure I didnt miss something important. I had almost decided on somewhere that did not have the sleeper chair in the livingroom without realizing they all didn't have it. I need both kids to be in the livingroom on some of our trips, but have their own bed. Thankfully our home resort does have it, but not because I had noticed beforehand, just pure luck.
Exactly! Thankfully I knew enough to check, which is why when my husband and I decided Wilderness Lodge, I knew it had to be Boulder Ridge over Copper Creek. It’s especially frustrating that the NEWER resort (CCV) doesn’t sleep 5, let alone that neither has 1 BRs with 5. Fingers crossed that the refurbishment at BRV in 2021 results in the 1BRs sleeping 5!

Exactly! Thankfully I knew enough to check, which is why when my husband and I decided Wilderness Lodge, I knew it had to be Boulder Ridge over Copper Creek. It’s especially frustrating that the NEWER resort (CCV) doesn’t sleep 5, let alone that neither has 1 BRs with 5. Fingers crossed that the refurbishment at BRV in 2021 results in the 1BRs sleeping 5!

IIRC BRV will accommodate 5 in a 1br but only sleep 4. All you need to do is bring a sleeper for the 5th.

IIRC BRV will accommodate 5 in a 1br but only sleep 4. All you need to do is bring a sleeper for the 5th.
Thanks! It’s the additional bed I want, though. I don’t want to have to worry about bringing an air mattress or sleeping bag.

Haha... id say....im waiting on $135..... really starting to feel like it was a waste of time....
I want to add more BLT points, and the Fidelity listings are all in the 130s. Seems so low, but I'm considering making an offer like you did just to see if it goes through. It would be too good of a deal to pass up right? I'm kind of amazed at the big disparity in price listing with different brokers . . .

I want to add more BLT points, and the Fidelity listings are all in the 130s. Seems so low, but I'm considering making an offer like you did just to see if it goes through. It would be too good of a deal to pass up right? I'm kind of amazed at the big disparity in price listing with different brokers . . .

What people are selling for, and what might pass ROFR are two different things. I’d say go for it, if you’re okay if it doesn't pass! If it passes, it’s a great deal!

That said, DVC Resale Market has posted that 32% of BLT resale contracts they serviced were bought back, and the highest price point was $145/point. That indicates that the likelihood of a buyback is pretty high in the $130s. But it’s worth a shot!

ChandraM---$120-$17955-145-AKV-Feb-0/18, 41/19, 270/20, 145/21- sent 9/16

Probably a little high, but this was under the asking price and I was so tired of stalking websites looking for the perfect contract! Hopefully, the higher price means it will pass :)

What people are selling for, and what might pass ROFR are two different things. I’d say go for it, if you’re okay if it doesn't pass! If it passes, it’s a great deal!

That said, DVC Resale Market has posted that 32% of BLT resale contracts they serviced were bought back, and the highest price point was $145/point. That indicates that the likelihood of a buyback is pretty high in the $130s. But it’s worth a shot!
I have a certain number of points I want to acquire, but I have a long time to do it. So it would be worth it to try on a long shot purchase. Good luck to both of us!

I very recently got a fully loaded 160 point BLT contract through at $135 a point. Ask the question and the answer just might be a YES! Definitely worth a try.

I very recently got a fully loaded 160 point BLT contract through at $135 a point. Ask the question and the answer just might be a YES! Definitely worth a try.
Wow congrats! I will definitely try (as soon as I can find what I want 😃)

While super nice people, I always found that broker to encourage higher offers. They have great marketing and user base engagement. It's in their best interest though to sell contracts at a higher price, so take some of it with a grain of salt.

While super nice people, I always found that broker to encourage higher offers. They have great marketing and user base engagement. It's in their best interest though to sell contracts at a higher price, so take some of it with a grain of salt.
Good to know! Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter