ROFR Thread July- Sept 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nurse4kids---$80-$8640-100-SSR-Apr-0/16, 0/17, 0/18, 100/19-Seller pays MF 18- sent 9/18, passed 10/6.

Just got the email it passed!

Nice job negotiating down fair market for a stripped contract! The point total suggests it was the perfect add-on and the dates suggest you're not in a rush to use the points. A recipe for a great deal!

Taken 10/10. Guess I am not surprised but I was really hoping they would let it go through.

Damn. You did get it at a very good price so it would have been cool if it had passed.

Makes me wonder if my 90$ pp for BWV will pass or not. o_O

Speaking of BWV just saw that dvcresalemarked has a 150 points contract with only less than 50% of the 2017 points available listed at 132$ pp what’s up with that - almost the same as BCV :confused:

Taken 10/10. Guess I am not surprised but I was really hoping they would let it go through.

Bummer. It's getting closer to annual maintenance fees though so more contracts are about to hit the market. Hang in there...

Speaking of BWV just saw that dvcresalemarked has a 150 points contract with only less than 50% of the 2017 points available listed at 132$ pp what’s up with that - almost the same as BCV :confused:

Points for trying, I guess. Maybe someone will bite. It'd always negotiable though. The real question is what will it ultimately sell for? <$100 is going to be more and more rare.

Points for trying, I guess. Maybe someone will bite. It'd always negotiable though. The real question is what will it ultimately sell for? <$100 is going to be more and more rare.

Shouldn't the brokers advice the sellers of the correct price or at least the correct price range. If the brokers doesn't have a say what do we need the brokers for except to handle the paper work?

toolioiep ---$60-$13350-210-HHI-Aug-0/15, 0/16, 0/17, 210/18-seller pays MF '17- sent 9/27 passed 10/10

Surprised given the lower price - but moving onto the next step and hopefully be closed in time for our Christmas trip.

Sorry this didn't work out, Nick. That would've been a huge life win to get through ROFR. I haven't seen a lot of VGF on the sites lately. Are you able to go back to your source for this contract?

Sorry this didn't work out, Nick. That would've been a huge life win to get through ROFR. I haven't seen a lot of VGF on the sites lately. Are you able to go back to your source for this contract?
It was a perfect scenario...they were looking to sell...did not list with a big broker but rather decided to sell on their own to save on the commission. That is what led to my low price offer and acceptance point. I was worried about it passing ROFR and thought about upping my offer to get it to least $120 a point but figured it was worth a shot with minimal out of pocket risk. I am hoping more come up with year end approaching. Who know maybe this time around I will get an April use year as well which would simplify things for us.

It was a perfect scenario...they were looking to sell...did not list with a big broker but rather decided to sell on their own to save on the commission. That is what led to my low price offer and acceptance point. I was worried about it passing ROFR and thought about upping my offer to get it to least $120 a point but figured it was worth a shot with minimal out of pocket risk. I am hoping more come up with year end approaching. Who know maybe this time around I will get an April use year as well which would simplify things for us.

I think in the long term, the few dollars you would've saved on a 75 point contract, is nothing compared to the hassle you will save yourself by keeping within a single use year.

I think in the long term, the few dollars you would've saved on a 75 point contract, is nothing compared to the hassle you will save yourself by keeping within a single use year.

Definitely. I have enough trouble managing one UY, myself!

True....I saw a 100 point contract five days ago with an April use year but waited due to this pending ROFR....by the time I called today it was already taken. Funny how when you are not actively looking there seems to be tons of available contracts and when you are in the market again....NOTHING! :)

JamboHeart---$108-$16700-140-AKV-Jun-140/16, 140/17, 140/18, 140/19- sent 9/28

Very hopeful - we had purchased BCV in 2003 but sold about 5 years ago because we naively bought 270 points in a resort that none of us really loved. We have really missed being DVC owners - renting has been a great option, but much better to have control. If Disney doesn't take this, we will eventually add on at BLT or the new Riviera so we easily do split stays.

Passed 10/10, so it was 12 days for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!