ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 30... I’ll be very surprised if we hear anything today as Fridays are usually quiet. Not heard from my broker yet after I emailed.

I will probably still keep checking emails all the same.

You can always call your agent and ask if they have heard back about any others who submitted on your day. I have learned that Disney emails the brokers in batches sometimes. One broker may get their batch at 2pm, and another may not get theirs until the next day. It’s very strange. They do all come through as individual emails as well, I think. Again, you can call and ask your agent. This stuff isn’t a secret.

You can always call your agent and ask if they have heard back about any others who submitted on your day. I have learned that Disney emails the brokers in batches sometimes. One broker may get their batch at 2pm, and another may not get theirs until the next day. It’s very strange. They do all come through as individual emails as well, I think. Again, you can call and ask your agent. This stuff isn’t a secret.
Thanks. I emailed yesterday but they’ve not yet responded. They’re usually pretty responsive on email.

Thanks. I emailed yesterday but they’ve not yet responded. They’re usually pretty responsive on email.

I’d give them a call around 10am EST if I really wanted to know. I’ve always had better luck with phone calls. If you can wait on a response, I’d just wait for that response via email.

Called my broker and no news. Said it could be this afternoon and some contracts have taken a couple of extra days... I’m pretty impatient so this wait has been so hard.

Called my broker and no news. Said it could be this afternoon and some contracts have taken a couple of extra days... I’m pretty impatient so this wait has been so hard.

I'm also impatient. I always found myself refreshing my email constantly to see if the news came when I had a contract in ROFR except for the first one. I couldn't even wait the 15 minutes in between when my phone "fetches" new emails. Honestly, no judgment here.

Funny anecdote, when I bought my first contract, the broker told me that DVD wasn't buying any VGF back (it had just sold out a few months before), and it could take up to 30 days to hear about ROFR. I wasn't on the boards then, and I got an email while I was out of town that it had passed ROFR. Because the broker gave me no reason to be concerned and said it was just a part of the process they had to go through, I just thought, "Thanks for telling me??? Why did they email this weird update to me??? On to the next step, I guess." Oh how I wish I felt that way with the next contracts I purchased, blissfully unaware. :music:

So I had a call from my broker... still no news.

He kindly called Disney and was told we’d find out Monday or Tuesday. Apparently a few contracts were bought back today so who knows what’s going on. At least I can take a break from my emails.

So I had a call from my broker... still no news.

He kindly called Disney and was told we’d find out Monday or Tuesday. Apparently a few contracts were bought back today so who knows what’s going on. At least I can take a break from my emails.

Is Monday a holiday for them? Might be Tuesday or Wednesday if it is.

Funny anecdote, when I bought my first contract, the broker told me that DVD wasn't buying any VGF back (it had just sold out a few months before), and it could take up to 30 days to hear about ROFR. I wasn't on the boards then, and I got an email while I was out of town that it had passed ROFR. Because the broker gave me no reason to be concerned and said it was just a part of the process they had to go through, I just thought, "Thanks for telling me??? Why did they email this weird update to me??? On to the next step, I guess." Oh how I wish I felt that way with the next contracts I purchased, blissfully unaware. :music:

My first contract took 9 days to pass ROFR. NINE DAYS. That set me up for a lot of impatience in the future. (And it was a pretty low $/pp - I think only @TexasChick123 beat me, and she had like 4 taken previously, for substantially the same contract)

One of my VGF contracts I heard on a Christmas Eve Sunday. For real.

Thanks I’m not in US so wouldn’t have known that. At least I know not to check my email on Monday.

I have been considering buying CCV direct but have decided against if I don’t get the contract. I think I’d go resale again until I get a contract at a price I’m happy with then just rent points if I want to stay in a new resort to pay towards the cost.

how can you tell if seller is distressed?

There's a few ways ... sometimes the broker may say something like, the seller needs to come up with money to close; other times the points may be messed up - like there are expiring points that weren't banked, or there are borrowed points on a contract, or the like. Other times, (after you're in contract) you may be able to search the Orange County recorder and see that something has been filed, or you can see their mortgage and how long ago it was, and deduce from the purchase price or how long ago they purchased that something doesn't make sense.

(For example, if the seller took out a sizable mortgage 2 years ago, they're no satisfaction of mortgage, and they're selling at a price point where they're clearly not taking any $ home after the sale.)

jsand99---$105-$11055-100-AKV-Sep-0/17, 0/18, 0/19, 100/20- sent 1/14, taken 2/15

That's the second stripped AKV contract I've had taken in 3 months. It makes me wonder if they are taking my contracts because they know I've taken the tour recently and had interest in buying direct. Does anyone know for certain yet if Disney is grandfathering contracts purchased from a pre-1/19/19 owner? I would really like to know before I make an offer on another contract.

Last edited:
jsand99---$105-$11055-100-AKV-Sep-0/17, 0/18, 0/19, 100/20- sent 1/14, taken 2/15

That's the second stripped AKV contract I've had taken in 3 months. It makes me wonder if they are taking my contracts because they know I've taken the tour recently and had interest in buying direct. Does anyone know for certain yet if Disney is grandfathering contracts purchased from a pre-1/19/19 owner? I would really like to know before I make an offer on another contract.

Sorry to hear that

All my pre-1/19 resale contracts were grandfathered but if I were to resell one today the new buyer is not grandfathered. Sorry about the ROFR.

Darn, so sorry! I really hope they are going to be grandfathered.

All my pre-1/19 resale contracts were grandfathered but if I were to resell one today the new buyer is not grandfathered. Sorry about the ROFR.
Wait...I am just reading there is a possibility they worded it wrong and grandfathered contracts may be able to keep their grandfathered status?????

This is actually something that hasn't been made clear yet. I would look at this thread. People (myself included) are trying to determine this. https://www.disboards.com/threads/multi-site-pos-revision-dated-01-19-19.3734585/ I would follow this post for some odd language in the POS it is what the OP you were responding too asked. However, I would still operate any resale purchase after 1/19/19 gets no Riviera access.

Wait...I am just reading there is a possibility they worded it wrong and grandfathered contracts may be able to keep their grandfathered status?????

I’ve emailed member satisfaction and am waiting on a response. Nothing yet...

So sorry :(

I had one taken a few day ago similar to this pricing and being fairly stripped. My wife said her theory is that because we own all our current points Direct, Disney is trying to ROFR those contracts so that people like us buy direct....I think its a stretch, but makes you think!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter