ROFR Thread January to March 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck to you, too! I got so excited about the price that for a couple of days, I really forgot to worry about ROFR, and now, with all that's been coming out of DVC related to pricing, etc, I worry. Jerry at The Timeshare Store thinks it's a 50/50 shot on whether or not it makes it through.
desithedevil---$87-$15651-160-OKW-Dec-320/17, 160/18, 160/19- sent 1/26, passed 2/16.
I’ve been meaning to post this for weeks !!! Anyway i thought it’s quite similar to yours so it might send you some positive vibes. (Also through The Timeshare Store) Good luck.

@Rob Huff @disneylovinfamilyof6

I'm crossing my fingers that they're processing PVB ROFRs today :-D

For real! This message board gave me so much hope with all of those 10-14 day turnaround times...yet we've been sitting and (not so patiently) waiting. I sure would love it if Day 23 was the last one!

I realize that this board is only a very small sample of the resale contracts out there, but there hasn't been a single PVB contract ROFR'd yet. The delay in ROFR response make me nervous that Disney is going to use the price increase to start poaching PVB contracts. Then again, it could just be that they got bogged down with folks making 25-point add-ons. We'll never know. I just want to see "WAIVED" come through in an e-mail so I can take a deep breath again!

I realize that this board is only a very small sample of the resale contracts out there, but there hasn't been a single PVB contract ROFR'd yet.

They haven't really been ROFR'ing PVB contracts, but I saw this one on another message board the other day which made me nervous. She said her broker was shocked because they hadn't had a PVB taken in forever. I'm also surprised since it doesn't have most of the 2017 points, but I guess they needed that unit to combine with something they already had.

PVB, June (300) 2017 - 47, 2018 - 300, $128/pt, sent 1/23/18, TAKEN 2/16/18 - Fidelity

They haven't really been ROFR'ing PVB contracts, but I saw this one on another message board the other day which made me nervous. She said her broker was shocked because they hadn't had a PVB taken in forever. I'm also surprised since it doesn't have most of the 2017 points, but I guess they needed that unit to combine with something they already had.

PVB, June (300) 2017 - 47, 2018 - 300, $128/pt, sent 1/23/18, TAKEN 2/16/18 - Fidelity

Well that sure makes me squeamish. I guess I just have to hope that Disney's seeming randomness in which contracts they ROFR applies to us!

because i am trying to buy some direct points before the cutoff
my guess would be that they have a resale in RFOR for an August use year. hoping DVD snatches up another contract to fill the waitlist requests which then would negate the need to buy their contract. i'm in the same boat hoping they either get to my contract after 2/25 or that they buy another AKL with february use year before they see mine.

Well that sure makes me squeamish. I guess I just have to hope that Disney's seeming randomness in which contracts they ROFR applies to us!

Fingers crossed!!! Dec UY is one of the most common at Poly, so that might mean they're less likely to ROFR a contract (since maybe they get a bunch in foreclosure).

Also that price was very low...there is quite a spread there for them
i get the vibe DVD buys them back if they fit one of two categories...a) the price per point is 8+% below the average for a specific resort or b)significant points are available within a month or two of closing. one reason i'm holding out hope ours goes through is we only have 19 points available till next February. DVD would have to buy our contract and basically sit on it for a year before trying to sell it again

i get the vibe DVD buys them back if they fit one of two categories...a) the price per point is 8+% below the average for a specific resort or b)significant points are available within a month or two of closing. one reason i'm holding out hope ours goes through is we only have 19 points available till next February. DVD would have to buy our contract and basically sit on it for a year before trying to sell it again

UGH, my pending purchase is loaded with all the 2017 points. But it's Boulder Ridge..... Waiting patiently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter