ROFR Thread January to March 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite possibly! I was considering selling my contract to buying another with more than twice as many points. So instead of selling 100, I'll have 340! Who knew? LOL

Since you all have been so generous with your knowledge, I thought I would share the bit of intel I got today. My offer for a 160 point VGC contract was made and accepted 1/18, contract signed and returned 1/19. The best I can tell the contract went to ROFR on 1/26 because I mailed my deposit check on 1/19 and it was cashed 1/25.

From what people on the board have been saying I expected to hear about ROFR today. To my surprise I opened my email and the closing documents were waiting for me. I emailed the title company and they confirmed that both ROFR and estoppel are complete! From reading on here I expected another month at least to get to this point.

Last edited:
Since you all have been so generous with your knowledge, I thought I would share the bit of intel I got today. My offer for a 160 point VGC contract was made and accepted 1/18, contract signed and returned 1/19. The best I can tell the contract went to ROFR on 1/26 because I mailed my deposit check on 1/19 and it was cashed 1/25.

From what people on the board have been saying I expected to hear about ROFR today. To my surprise I opened my email and the closing documents were waiting for me. I emailed the title company and they confirmed that both ROFR and estoppel are complete! From reading on here I expected another month at least to get to this point.
WHOA!! That is awesome! Congrats!

I think that this message just broke my jealousy meter - congratulations!

well i've been a fly on the wall on disboards for a long time but now i'm actually official. parents have a direct BCV membership from 2002 and now it's time for me to join :) if the offer below clears ROFR, we will start our hunt for add ons later this year. want to get to 300pts total.

wolfersfam---$97-$15649-160-AKV-Feb-0/17, 19/18, 160/19, 160/20-seller paying CC- sent 2/13

Last edited:
well i've been a fly on the wall on disboards for a long time but now i'm actually official. parents have a direct BCV membership from 2002 and now it's time for me to join :) if the offer below clears ROFR, we will start our hunt for add ons later this year. want to get to 300pts total.

wolfersfam---$97-$15649-160-AKV-Feb-0/17, 19/18, 160/19, 160/20-seller paying CC- sent 2/13

Good luck!Just have to comment on this one. Another contract with seller paying closing costs. I made an offer to a DVC reseller, who shall remain nameless, and was condescending in mentioning that it's nearly impossible to find a seller to pay closing costs. Well, I've had 1 personally and read of several more.. Just worth a shout out! :)

Good luck!Just have to comment on this one. Another contract with seller paying closing costs. I made an offer to a DVC reseller, who shall remain nameless, and was condescending in mentioning that it's nearly impossible to find a seller to pay closing costs. Well, I've had 1 personally and read of several more.. Just worth a shout out! :)

Does Disney see who is paying the closing cost and/or MF ?

thanks. i don't know if i'm just a good negotiator or got lucky lol...i watched a contract for a couple weeks and noticed the price drop quickly from their initial asking price so i figured they might be trying to get rid of it quickly. went in a couple bucks under their asking as well as closing costs paid and they said yes. fingers crossed DVD doesn't want it now

MadAdd---$95-$15200-160-AKV-Dec-0/16, 0/17, 0/18, 160/19-Seller Pays Closing- sent 1/24

Very stripped contract, so I forced seller to pay closing costs. Plan was to add 25 points direct. How stupid am I!! :-) :-)

First try and it's probably too good to be true but with Canadian dollar it's worth a try.

M_T---$90-$10297-100-AKV-Jun-0/16, 0/17, 150/18, 100/19- sent 2/14
That's a great deal. Good luck

Amanda sam---$130-$10783-75-BCV-Aug-0/17, 150/18, 75/19- sent 2/2

Why does it seem like nothing at all has made it through ROFR since 2/7-2/8? I’ve only just begun but this wait is killing me!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter