ROFR Thread Jan to March 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting so anxious seeing all of these that passed ROFR! We submitted on 1/17 so I'm preparing myself to wait another week. The longer it takes the more I question our choice to purchase resale :oops:

So after what seemed a forever process just to hear back from agent, get closing docs, get revised docs bc of an error. I just got word from agent with sad news that the seller passed away. Kinda fell like an a** now bc I was annoyed they were “dragging their feet.”
My question is if so I continue with the sale; agent said it’s my call but it will go into probate and can take six month. Details of the transaction are 50 points at boardwalk oct use for $129 plus the $200 that fidelity charges. I wanted to add on to an Epcot resort. I already mentally gave up using these points till 2021 so I wasn’t counting on these points right away.

OneLittleSpark2014---$104-$17390-150-AKV-Oct-150/19, 150/20, 150/21-seller pays MF '19- sent 1/13, passed 1/24

We passed! Yay! I was thinking is was probably a 50/50 chance on that one, so I'm thrilled. And what great timing! We're heading to Disney World on a red-eye flight tonight and check in to AKV tomorrow!

I find it kind of amusing that both AKV resale contracts we have bought were at $104pp. This one and another in April of 2018. I guess you could say that we ONLY pay $104pp for AKV! Lol! :cool1:

havertown---$115-$31757-250-OKW(E)-Apr-0/18, 250/19, 500/20, 250/21-'19 pts expire 03-20 and seller paying MF on 250 of 2020 points- sent 1/15

Last edited:

So after what seemed a forever process just to hear back from agent, get closing docs, get revised docs bc of an error. I just got word from agent with sad news that the seller passed away. Kinda fell like an a** now bc I was annoyed they were “dragging their feet.”
My question is if so I continue with the sale; agent said it’s my call but it will go into probate and can take six month. Details of the transaction are 50 points at boardwalk oct use for $129 plus the $200 that fidelity charges. I wanted to add on to an Epcot resort. I already mentally gave up using these points till 2021 so I wasn’t counting on these points right away.

I'm so sorry to hear this, for all parties involved. I'm sure the sellers were trying to get it sold to make things easier in what was bound to be a very tough time for them. I also understand your disappointment, I would be in exactly the same place.

We purchased our 250 BWV contract and it had to go through a seemingly-infinite court process because the seller's wife, who was on the deed, lost the capacity to sign over the deed, so the husband had to get a power of attorney pushed through before the contract could be transferred to us. Nobody seemed to know what they were doing and the process took many, many months- I want to say close to eight by the time all was said and done. It was worth it to us because we were getting triple loaded points at like $80/pt or something (this was before prices started to climb) and we were prepared to wait ONLY because we would end up with like 750 points to burn, which we planned to use for Aulani and GCV the following year (and did so).

Long story short, in your position, I would start over. It would not be worth the wait to me personally for 50 points.

So after what seemed a forever process just to hear back from agent, get closing docs, get revised docs bc of an error. I just got word from agent with sad news that the seller passed away.

My question is if I continue with the sale;

Sad for the seller’s family and for you. I’d probably get a refund of the deposit and move on with another contract. $129pp for a small BWV contract is a good price, but not the steal it would need to be to make it worth my while to wait 6 months. And I’d wonder during those 6 months if there might be issues with the estate, heirs, title, contested will, etc that might delay the closing even more or scrap the deal entirely.

Sad for the seller’s family and for you. I’d probably get a refund of the deposit and move on with another contract. $129pp for a small BWV contract is a good price, but not the steal it would need to be to make it worth my while to wait 6 months. And I’d wonder during those 6 months if there might be issues with the estate, heirs, title, contested will, etc that might delay the closing even more or scrap the deal entirely.

I agree with GoofyCoaster and I'll say, if you can get your deposit back ASAP, take the money and run. I say if because in some states, that deposit may now be in limbo and have to await probate proceedings. While a 6 month probate proceeding is a possibility, I have seen estate actions take years. You have no idea how the poor seller's finances and estate were set up and could wind up closing on a BWV contract two or three years from now when the prices are very different.

I'm so sorry to hear this, for all parties involved. I'm sure the sellers were trying to get it sold to make things easier in what was bound to be a very tough time for them. I also understand your disappointment, I would be in exactly the same place.

We purchased our 250 BWV contract and it had to go through a seemingly-infinite court process because the seller's wife, who was on the deed, lost the capacity to sign over the deed, so the husband had to get a power of attorney pushed through before the contract could be transferred to us. Nobody seemed to know what they were doing and the process took many, many months- I want to say close to eight by the time all was said and done. It was worth it to us because we were getting triple loaded points at like $80/pt or something (this was before prices started to climb) and we were prepared to wait ONLY because we would end up with like 750 points to burn, which we planned to use for Aulani and GCV the following year (and did so).

Long story short, in your position, I would start over. It would not be worth the wait to me personally for 50 points.
Thank you for your input . Yes it’s a crappy situation for all I’m just trying to make the right decision esp that small contracts are hard to find. I’m waiting to speak to the agent to get a feel for what the time frame is going to be.

I agree with GoofyCoaster and I'll say, if you can get your deposit back ASAP, take the money and run. I say if because in some states, that deposit may now be in limbo and have to await probate proceedings. While a 6 month probate proceeding is a possibility, I have seen estate actions take years. You have no idea how the poor seller's finances and estate were set up and could wind up closing on a BWV contract two or three years from now when the prices are very different.
Luckily I put the deposit on my credit card. So it won’t be that difficult to get it back. I was thinking of riding it out bc it’s hard to find small contacts . Yes I have a call with the agent to get a better feel for the whole situation.

Thank you for your input . Yes it’s a crappy situation for all I’m just trying to make the right decision esp that small contracts are hard to find. I’m waiting to speak to the agent to get a feel for what the time frame is going to be.
I will add a caveat that the agent will not have a clue how long this will go and I hope that they will be forthcoming enough to say so. Only a crystal ball might do the trick in this situation ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!