ROFR Thread April - June 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got some good news last Friday:

texanlawyer---$115-$12150-100-BLT-Oct-0/16, 100/17, 100/18- sent 6/13, passed 6/23

Congrats!!!!

I am past ROFR and got closing docs Thur and sent back...waiting still for sellers to send theirs back. Ugghhhh.

Same here. Received paperwork last Monday (a week and a half ago). I mailed mine back right away, but am still waiting on sellers. I forgot how long this process is. We have been at this more than 6 months, as our first contract fell through since the sellers "misrepresented" their points. It went to ROFR and around 30 days came back because the points were not there. Seems the owner had a few contracts and moved points around. Hopefully, these sellers mail in their paperwork soon.

It's pretty amazing that people act like getting something notarized is so hard. Go to your bank sellers, and they will do it for free. Sorry this is dragging out. It always confuses me because you would think that they want their $$$ ASAP, but apparently not. :confused3
And DH and I were in 2 different states. I printed docs out and signed and got bank check and Fedex it all to DH overnight for hefty fee. He then signed and took right to Fedex to send back. Guess we didn't need to go to that trouble but I am anxious to get points before 7 month window for booking March 3 trip.

And DH and I were in 2 different states. I printed docs out and signed and got bank check and Fedex it all to DH overnight for hefty fee. He then signed and took right to Fedex to send back. Guess we didn't need to go to that trouble but I am anxious to get points before 7 month window for booking March 3 trip.
I felt the same way with our contract- why 2 weeks?? It was all electronic and it took all of 5 minutes after reading it to put the signature in and send it back. I too want to get my booking in before our 7 month window (September 13 for April trip)

I cannot believe that I am posting this. It passed. :cool1: If someone at DVD read my posts about my frustrations, THANK YOU! I wasn't joking when I said I was swearing off buying anymore DVC points anywhere because I was so angry about it. Also, my home warranty company came out and fixed my AC. Even though it is dying (17 years old), we are keeping it alive for now! We have international sellers, so hopefully we get this thing closed within the next few months! Just a refresher, this was Round 5 of trying to buy BLT, so you never know. :jumping1:party:

TexasChick123---$100-$20700-200-BLT-Jun-0/17, 214/18, 200/19- sent 6/9, passed 6/27

Almost spit my wine out when I read you passed at $100.00 a point! Go out and buy a lottery ticket !:cool1:

Good news on repairing the a/c! A couple yrs ago We replaced our 18 yr old 5 ton/10 SEER Trane with a new 5 ton/19 SEER variable speed Trane and oh how it has lowered the elec bill ( which as you know in TX can be really high in the summer!) Do save up for the new a/c and have wine ready for the cost!

Last edited:

Almost spit my wine out when I read you passed at $100.00 a point! Go out and buy a lottery ticket !:cool1:

Good news on repairing the a/c! A couple yrs ago We replaced our 18 yr old 5 ton/10 SEER Trane with a new 5 ton/19 SEER variable speed Trane and oh how it has lowered the elec bill ( which as you know in TX can be really high in the summer!) Do save up for the new a/c and have wine ready for the cost!

Haha. Thanks. Way ahead of you on the wine. New puppy = drinking time to calm my nerves!

Decided to sell one of my contracts... just went to ROFR

Debbie Jean---$95-$14,250-150-BWV-Sep-0/15, 0/16, 68/17, 150/18- sent 6/28

Did you get an email from your broker right away or did you keep having to pester them if it went through?

You should get an email. You can call or email your broker if it has been a while and check in. I did. Patience is not my strong suit. ;)

Not to hijack the thread, but I started going through some of the most recent pages and it seems members are seeing a response from Disney in under 2 weeks. My broker made it seem like Disney was taking the full 30 days.. Just curious if Disney has really sped up their decisions or if some are just getting lucky..
I managed to get a response in under 2 weeks, but have seen others go as long as 4 weeks with good news. They might take a longer look at your contract since it is full of 2017 points and selling below the current average, but I don't see them take the big contracts back very often.

Not sure why but I ran out to overnight our stuff back today. Even with the knowledge that the international seller has to get a notary appt and then send documents across the Atlantic Ocean, I still made sure it would get there before the end of the week. This might be the only thing I am Type A about.

Not sure why but I ran out to overnight our stuff back today. Even with the knowledge that the international seller has to get a notary appt and then send documents across the Atlantic Ocean, I still made sure it would get there before the end of the week. This might be the only thing I am Type A about.
I'm in the same spot! I am on the phone with the titling agency right now to see if I can wire funds and scan and email them back the forms so I can move my part of this along as quick as possible. I can't wait to start boooooooking with my points! I'm going to a conference in MCO in early November and I really want to extend my stay with a few days on either end in a Disney resort! I'm bringing two grandmas to watch my little one, and I'm really hoping for a treehouse!

I'm in the same spot! I am on the phone with the titling agency right now to see if I can wire funds and scan and email them back the forms so I can move my part of this along as quick as possible. I can't wait to start boooooooking with my points! I'm going to a conference in MCO in early November and I really want to extend my stay with a few days on either end in a Disney resort! I'm bringing two grandmas to watch my little one, and I'm really hoping for a treehouse!

Hey now don't be stealing rooms. Already got a week at pop nov 12-18 and need to use 30 points by Feb sonehow, hoping something is available +/- a day

Hey now don't be stealing rooms. Already got a week at pop nov 12-18 and need to use 30 points by Feb sonehow, hoping something is available +/- a day
No worries - our dates aren't in competition... you can have the treehouse after I check out ;)
Did you get your titling documents yet bbguy5? I think I remember we passed ROFR around the same time, right?

Thanks to those that maintain and post to this list. It is a great source of information for finding the best deal.

Secondly, for those that are looking for an add-on, don't give up! I was starting to think a decent add-on was never going to come thru for us. I found the price premium for small contracts to be more than I wanted to spend and whenever a good small contract was posted, I was too slow to respond. I was seriously considering giving up on finding a small contract and instead selling my 200pts of BWV in order to buy 250-300pts at OKW or WL which were priced better and didn't get snapped up so quickly.

But I finally found a contract that matched almost exactly what I wanted and responded quick enough to get it. It is the same UY as our existing. It is at WL which is one of our favorite resorts (now that most of the construction is over). It is a slight premium over larger point values but I'm happy with it. The seller hadn't banked their 2016 points and it was past the deadline, so we made the offer assuming that both the banked 2015 and existing 2016 were lost. We really lucked out when the seller contacted member services and MS allowed them to bank the 2016 points even though it was past the deadline.

Anyways, here are our details:

jnsma---$88-$4123-40-BRV@WL-Aug-29/15, 40/16, 40/17, 40/18- sent 6/29

I cannot believe that I am posting this. It passed. :cool1: If someone at DVD read my posts about my frustrations, THANK YOU! I wasn't joking when I said I was swearing off buying anymore DVC points anywhere because I was so angry about it. Also, my home warranty company came out and fixed my AC. Even though it is dying (17 years old), we are keeping it alive for now! We have international sellers, so hopefully we get this thing closed within the next few months! Just a refresher, this was Round 5 of trying to buy BLT, so you never know. :jumping1:party:

TexasChick123---$100-$20700-200-BLT-Jun-0/17, 214/18, 200/19- sent 6/9, passed 6/27
I am ESTATIC for you!!!!! That is awesome!! WOOHOO to the ROFR Disney gods out there!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter