ROFR Thread April - June 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally decided to take the leap.. After numerous discussions with the wife we decided to go big at Animal Kingdom... One of the main reasons we chose Animal Kingdom was for the great value you get for your points. It is an amazing resort and we take a lot of trips with extended family where the extra room will come in handy.. We are hoping that we will get to stay at some of our other fav resorts using the points, but we are more then happy to stay at Animal Kingdom.. Was a little more then we wanted to pay per point.. But compared to some sites who are asking 95+ I think it was a good deal.. Hoping to pass ROFR... Wish us luck...

FearThisInc---$85-$37594-400-AKV-Dec-0/15, 0/16, 400/17, 400/18- sent 6/26

Finally decided to take the leap.. After numerous discussions with the wife we decided to go big at Animal Kingdom... One of the main reasons we chose Animal Kingdom was for the great value you get for your points. It is an amazing resort and we take a lot of trips with extended family where the extra room will come in handy.. We are hoping that we will get to stay at some of our other fav resorts using the points, but we are more then happy to stay at Animal Kingdom.. Was a little more then we wanted to pay per point.. But compared to some sites who are asking 95+ I think it was a good deal.. Hoping to pass ROFR... Wish us luck...

FearThisInc---$85-$37594-400-AKV-Dec-0/15, 0/16, 400/17, 400/18- sent 6/26

Good Luck! Livin large at AKV sounds good to me!

Good to hear someone passed BLT!!!

Hopefully that bodes well for our contract since it's identical but has some banked points from 2016.

Congrats!

I've found the cure for addonitis...it's ROFR! While this one hasn't been taken yet, we know it is coming. I swore off buying BLT after my last two were taken, but we saw this deal and figured we would give it a try. Others that submitted after us are hearing back, and we are hearing nothing. I'm not going to pay more than I want to spend just to make it go through. I am getting off the emails lists, stopped checking the sites, etc. Once this one is taken, Disney will have to find someone else to negotiate their deals. BTW, this was Round 5. 2 were taken by ROFR, and 2 had sellers that kept using their points after being submitted to ROFR. My VGF points will have to be enough. 8-) There's got to be a reason none of them have worked out, so I am going to stop fighting it and move on. :drive:

TexasChick123---$100-$20700-200-BLT-Jun-0/17, 214/18, 200/19- sent 6/9

So how did you find out the sellers kept using their points? That's concerning!

In other news, our closing company sent us our closing docs today, 11 calendar days since we passed ROFR and 22 days since papers were submitted for ROFR.

Not to hijack the thread, but I started going through some of the most recent pages and it seems members are seeing a response from Disney in under 2 weeks. My broker made it seem like Disney was taking the full 30 days.. Just curious if Disney has really sped up their decisions or if some are just getting lucky..

In other news, our closing company sent us our closing docs today, 11 calendar days since we passed ROFR and 22 days since papers were submitted for ROFR.

Whenever you send contracts to Disney through ROFR, they have to validate the points listed in the contract by year and look over the terms to make sure that they are correct. It is part of the process. The resale company will call Disney to verify the points before ever sending to ROFR. That means that between the time of verification by the resale company and review by Disney, there are sellers that are using/renting out their points. Disney then notifies the resale company that there is a discrepancy in the contract between points actually available and those listed in the contract as available. The broker then contacts the seller and sees what's up. In theory, this shouldn't hugely affect the contract because once the contract closes, all the seller's standing reservations would be cancelled. However, if the seller banked/borrowed points or just delays closing until after the said reservation(s), then you are up a creek as a buyer. The broker has to tell you when this happens, and it was recommended to me that I cancel both times. Both brokers said they are seeing this more and more. Seems like people try to swindle you at every turn!

Who is your closing company and broker. I've waited 8 days. Hoping not to wait 3 weeks.

Not to hijack the thread, but I started going through some of the most recent pages and it seems members are seeing a response from Disney in under 2 weeks. My broker made it seem like Disney was taking the full 30 days.. Just curious if Disney has really sped up their decisions or if some are just getting lucky..
We have tried two contracts. It really depends and there is not set time. In April/May it took 28 days and Disney took it.
This month we passed ROFR in 14 days.

Who is your closing company and broker. I've waited 8 days. Hoping not to wait 3 weeks.
Wondering too- I've been waiting 2 weeks for closing docs; was hoping to get it by the July 4th holiday

I'm thinking this is quite fast. 3 weeks from contract being signed and sent for ROFR until closing docs received. Is that not fast?
That's very quick from what I've seen the past few months. Although I think the most quick ROFR I found on DIS was 3 days, so I bet they might be close to your time line once all is said and done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!