Rock n Roller coaster launch

Oddly enough I've started to enjoy rides like RnRR and Incredicoaster more. Roller Coasters like Matterhorn & Space Mountain (WDW) flat our hurt my lower back, I don't come off Incredi or RnRR feeling pain.

Oddly enough I've started to enjoy rides like RnRR and Incredicoaster more. Roller Coasters like Matterhorn & Space Mountain (WDW) flat our hurt my lower back, I don't come off Incredi or RnRR feeling pain.

I just hit 50 and I doubt there's a rollercoaster I wouldn't ride due to the thrill factor but the older I get the more the bumpy ones hurt . . . give me a fast smooth ride and it can pretty much do anything and I'll be happy! (The super spinny rides are also on their way out more and more each year too . . .)

RnR is my favorite ride in all of WDW, bar none. I could do it over and over and over. I agree with a PP in that you don't want to force your head back, probably a bad idea. Just lay it back and relax. Being a car guy and a racer, I love the launch, it's one of the best parts of the ride. It's about as fast as a modern supercar, like a Lambo or high end Corvette. I think its 0-60mph time is something like 3 seconds, so it's over pretty quick.

I find the launch more intense than EE. In fact, the launch is what keeps me from riding RNRC every time we go. Sometimes I'll go on, but more often than not I don't. The launch takes my breath away and I don't like that feeling.

I find going backwards on Everest affects me more from a motion sickness standpoint than the launch on RnRC does. I don't necessarily get motion sickness, but I do get a feeling of "is this over yet" on EE if I were to ride on a full stomach, for example. None of that for me on RnRC.

I agree with PPs that it really only lasts a few seconds, but the anticipation is the worst part. But when the launch finally does happen, every single time without fail, I involuntarily open my mouth as wide as possible and scream until its over. Not because I'm scared, but because it tends to be my natural reaction at that part. LOL!

I find the launch is smooth, just relax and keep your head back.
The rest of the ride has become much more jarring than it used to be.
I think the backward part of EE is more intense only because you can't see where you are going and the drops and turns.

Thanks! I can handle Incredicoaster no problem after the first 3 seconds or so, so this should be no problem.

One thing about Incredicoaster is that you go up hill right after launch. RNRC does not (in fact there are no hills, it's all corkscrew type motions). I would say Incredicoaster is more intense at launch and overall (and also awesome!).

i think the launch is so fast you barely feel it - the backwards part of EE makes my stomach ache.

The launch hurts my chest. But I’m prone to asthma, so... The launch woundnt be the thing that keeps me off on its own, but it goes right into corkscrews, and THAT is what I hate, in the dark with no way to brace myself knowledgeably.

So I don’t ride it much.

I do, however love all of EE, especially the backwards part.

I was actually disappointed that I could never figure out when I was going upside down. I had never been on a coaster that went upside down and was looking forward to it.

Funny thing about upside down is that you can’t totally tell you’re upside down when you’re, um, upside down. Especially true in a loop. Which RnR doesn’t have. Corkscrews don’t feel the same.

How does it compare to Incredicoaster at DCA?

The launch itself is very similar. But then RnR goes into corkscrews which I dislike.

One thing about Incredicoaster is that you go up hill right after launch. RNRC does not (in fact there are no hills, it's all corkscrew type motions). I would say Incredicoaster is more intense at launch and overall (and also awesome!).

Exactly.

Little hint for those who hate the stomach feeling of launches and downhills. Breathe OUT. Forcefully but slowly and controlled.

Hint: it’s what screaming does for you.

I don’t love screaming, but hate the belly feeling. I learned that a long slow controlled exhale helps to control that feeling. It gets me through it. I do it on TOT/GotG (at Disneyland), too. It allows me to enjoy the ride for what it is without the unpleasant feeling.

But on RnR it then goes to corkscrews and that ruins it for me.

The launch is very intense imo. I don’t know how people do the faster ones with even faster launches in other theme parks.

The twist wrecks my neck every time

For me, I think going backwards on EE is much worse- but then I'm general not a huge fan of going backwards-- it makes me edgy. I like EE, but that part always gets me.

I think the launch is fun. I'm also not a huge fan of the slow climb on coasters, so I really like that it is a fast start and fast claim.

This is what I'm worried about. I can handle all parts of most roller coasters and I'm fine on ToT, EE and have no issues with going upside down. I'm worried that the launch will make me sick. I've been on other launch coasters that don't go that fast on launch and love the coaster just hate the launch.
All you need to do is put your head back on the headrest when the music starts up/Steven Tyler starts talking, take a few good breaths, and enjoy! It's intense but so short. The whole coaster is REALLY smooth and fun. Backwards on EE can make me dizzy for like a minute (I still ride every time), but no issue with RnR. I hope you ride and enjoy!

Hated it, and will never do it again. The launch is only seconds but it stuck with me for at least half of the ride. I also love EE.

I really don’t like the launch part, the rest of the coaster is fine though. I personally don’t find going backwards on EE bad at all but this launch makes me nervous just thinking about it lol.

What I don't like about the launch is the feeling that I can't breathe. And then you rattle around for the whole ride.

I've tried it a few times, not my cup of tea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter