Rock n Roller coaster launch

I’m with @bumbershoot, you’ve got to breathe out. Holding your breath makes the launch feel a little worse IMO.

The good news is the band counts down from 5 so you know when you’re going to takeoff (unless there’s a malfunction which happened to us exactly once in the 8 bazillion times we’ve been on RNRC). At 2 take a deep breath in and then breath out as you’re hurtling down the track like a rocket 🙃

The backwards portion of EE is dizzying, disorienting and bumpy. RNRC launch is much easier if you just breathe.

I’m with @bumbershoot, you’ve got to breathe out. Holding your breath makes the launch feel a little worse IMO.

The good news is the band counts down from 5 so you know when you’re going to takeoff (unless there’s a malfunction which happened to us exactly once in the 8 bazillion times we’ve been on RNRC). At 2 take a deep breath in and then breath out as you’re hurtling down the track like a rocket 🙃

The backwards portion of EE is dizzying, disorienting and bumpy. RNRC launch is much easier if you just breathe.

Strangely enough, I find the backwards part of EE to be easier if I close my eyes. And EE is a much smoother ride.

One thing about Incredicoaster is that you go up hill right after launch. RNRC does not (in fact there are no hills, it's all corkscrew type motions). I would say Incredicoaster is more intense at launch and overall (and also awesome!).
I have to agree here..... Incredicoaster is more intense. I love coasters and there are only a few I've seen that I won't go on.... (Not at any Disney park... Cedar Point has a couple I won't do). But Incredicoaster took my breath away and I honestly got frightened on it! EE and RnRC are my 2 favorite rides at WDW. With EE taking the lead because it is longer and EE is outside!
The launch on RnRC is not bad at all! I think the loop is more intense.

I hate most coasters. But I do RandR because of the over the shoulder harness. It’s not just a belt across your waist. It makes me feel much safer. And holding your head against the headrest is really a safeguard against whip lash during the launch

The first time I went on RnRC I screamed from start to finish. However, I went on it again and again and now I LOVE it!! I rest my head back and close my eyes on the launch (and nowadays my pictures don't look nearly as bad, lol). I'm going to try EE next trip! But I don't think I'll ever do ToT because of the dropping.

Launch is not bad. However, I find the whole ride to be very jerky. The back of the train is worse, so I always ask to be in the front 1/2 of the train. They have no problem with that. That said, I will ride it once and once only. LOL.

Do you like TOT?
The RNRC launch gives that same what I call "tickle in your tummy" feeling as the TOT drops.
The launch takes 2.8 seconds and goes straight into a loop. By the end of the loop the feeling is gone in my experience.
I personally love the feeling so its hard to tell someone that doesn't like the feeling that its "not bad".

Do you like TOT?
The RNRC launch gives that same what I call "tickle in your tummy" feeling as the TOT drops.
The launch takes 2.8 seconds and goes straight into a loop. By the end of the loop the feeling is gone in my experience.
I personally love the feeling so its hard to tell someone that doesn't like the feeling that its "not bad".
I do like ToT but I don't get the stomach dropping feeling on it. I was surprised by that and avoided riding it for the longest time because I was worried about it.

I do like ToT but I don't get the stomach dropping feeling on it. I was surprised by that and avoided riding it for the longest time because I was worried about it.

Whoa if you don't get the stomach feeling on TOT that is just strange lol.
But hey RNRC launch should be no big deal then.

Yup, head against the headrest.
How bad is it? More like how good is it. How much I like it kinda depends on which song they play, if I get walk this way I'm pretty happy.

I hate the launch but love the ride. It's literally a blink and it's over type thing though, so I say give it a go, the rest of the ride is so great. I agree with just keeping your head back against the headrest. I've found as I got older it was just easier on me that way.

RNRR is far less intense than the backward part of EE for me. If you make sure your head is against the head rest it’s not bad at all. If you don’t your head can bang back and that can make you feel a bit sick. So head back and the ride is smooth, easy, and over quickly.

Having just come back, the launch on RnR is FAR more intense than Incredicoaster because you have the hill up to slow you on Incredicoaster. I'll go on Incredicoaster all day, but I was one and done with RnR.

EE isn't intense at all, IMO - especially not the backward part.

The Steven Tyler countdown is the worst part!!! haha! The launch is fast, no doubt, but the rest of it is so cool. And I hate coasters(but love Aerosmith). Although the last time I was on it, I realized it was probably my last time... my body can't take it anymore sadly.

I'm not a huge roller coaster person. I kind of have a love hate relationship with them. I waited forever until I finally got the courage up to ride this coaster. I agree with what most have said breathe and hold your head back. IMHO, I dislike the backwards portion of EE. It really messes with my equilibrium. If I had to pick, I think the launch is easier. It's a short ride. Before you are beyond terrified, it will be over. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter