Riviera vs beach club?

DianaMB333

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Hi
Family trip of 8, including two 5 yrs old... would you say Riviera or Beach Club?
thanks

definitely BCV for Stormalong Bay + Beaches and Cream; the pools / slide / splashpad at RVA are great but just not the same; sure RVA is shiny and new but that alone won't impress your pair of five year olds

if you want a three bedroom RVA is your only option (none at BCV)

also, if you go post COVID-19 and things return to normal, there is an amazing playground island at Caribbean Beach Resort that you can get to from either BCV (Skyliner) or RVA (quick walk)

make sure to eat at Topolino's for the character breakfast either way, awesome time for everyone but especially the five year olds! books quick though so you've got to be on top of it
Thanks..

When are you booking and what is your home resort?

If pool is the highest priority, then BCV.

But Riviera could have a big advantage depending on how you are planning on booking. A Riviera 2BR, or 2 studios, will be larger and more comfortable than a similar arrangement at BCV.

BCV- much better in every way aside from rooms inside. Indeed being able to walk is the biggest attraction for us with kids.

BCV - My girls are 5 and 7 - they love it there. There are so many dining options with the Boardwalk right there. The pool is great - my girls will spend hours building in the sandbar pool area. The quiet pool is also lovely and truly quiet. And you can’t beat the ability to walk to 2 parks. While the Skyliner is fun, I’ve seen reports of people having to line up crazy early in the AM and then still not making rope drop . During the summer months it is more unpredictable with downtime. You’ll also save a good number of points at BCV.

I have not stayed at RIV but we did tour it in March and it is lovely too. The quick service was delicious and worth the trip no matter where you end up staying.
Poly/BCV is basically my dream split stay!

Last edited:
Beach Club. We love Riviera as adults, pools are fabulous! I would say Beach Club, kids would love BC better I think! Enjoy! :)

We personally like Rivera for the skyliner. Comeplete game changer for waiting to
Get to
The parks
Totally agree with this. In the end, it is all about the speed and convenience of getting to the parks for us. While Beach club is super easy to walk into Epcot, RIV is also very easy to Epcot, with the added bonus of quickly being able to get to HS, hassle free.

Kids will like the BCV for the pool but RIV is superior likely. Downside to BCV is 8 might be a little tight in BCV vs RIV as BCV is roughly 200 sq/ft smaller or about 15% at 1075 vs 1246.

Also BCV is going to have 4 sleeping surfaces while a Lock Off RIV room is going to have 6 sleeping surfaces (2 fold down sideways single murphy beds).

If you can get in to BCV though its tempting since you can't always get in. I might do 3 studios at BCV if you can or 1 Studio and 1 2BR and compare point requirement to RIV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!