Riviera Tower Studio -WC accessible or not?

HappyDisneyWife

Powered by pixie dust & espresso
I was wondering if anyone has stayed in one of the new tower studios? I’m planning to be in one with my husband next Nov & am trying to decide if I need a wheelchair accessible TS or not 🤷🏻‍♀️

We both are excited to try out the TS’s and don’t mind them being very small (we’ve stayed in similarly small rooms in Europe -except their bathrooms were always über tiny too- so this will be a total upgrade 😆).

I have my own motorized chair (it’s a fold and go- but I’d rather not need to fold it up every time we go in/out of the room). I will not leave my chair in the hallway- I always keep it with me. I do not use my chair while in the room, so I do not need the other accessible provisions. We will be there for 5 nights. I pack pretty lightly, but do have an owner’s locker, which is quite large. 😬 It fits perfectly under the bed in a Riviera studio, but that won’t be an option here... I think it might fit in the closet though 🤔

I’ve watched some video walkthroughs, but I am the worst at judging sizes & what can fit. Seriously, I can’t even be trusted to pick the right size container for leftovers 😂😂

Anyone with experience?? I’d love your thoughts!

Were you in a HA studio earlier? I booked a Tower studio for April and looked at this review for photos:
https://www.disneytouristblog.com/review-riviera-resort-tower-studio/
The bathroom looks really big, but the shower is not HA and you'll have to step over a lip to get into the shower. There is also no seat in the shower.

The Tower Studio looks very small and I almost didn't book it because of the size. I think it will be a tight squeeze.

Were you in a HA studio earlier? I booked a Tower studio for April and looked at this review for photos:
https://www.disneytouristblog.com/review-riviera-resort-tower-studio/
The bathroom looks really big, but the shower is not HA and you'll have to step over a lip to get into the shower. There is also no seat in the shower.

The Tower Studio looks very small and I almost didn't book it because of the size. I think it will be a tight squeeze.
No, I was in a regular studio. Like I said, I don’t need a HA bathroom, so I should be fine there. Just mainly curious if there will be room for my chair to sit in the room somewhere without running into it/tripping over it.

ps. I love that blog & have read their review already, but thanks! 😉

Color me crazy, but if I were in your shoes, and I really wanted that room, I would just park my chair in front of the door. You *might* have to scooch it over to use the microwave, but... I think a Fold & Go would sit there just fine, out of the way until you were ready to leave the room.

(somewhere, a Fire Marshall just had a cold chill, and didn't know why LOL)

(edited to add) I got curious, and went and checked room sizes.

Rooms at POP are *basically* the same size as the Riviera TS - according to the review posted above, the TS are 255 square feet, and POP rooms average 260 to 270 square feet in size, (according to TouringPlans) so it should be fine with just the 2 of you. 🙂

Last edited:

Color me crazy, but if I were in your shoes, and I really wanted that room, I would just park my chair in front of the door. You *might* have to scooch it over to use the microwave, but... I think a Fold & Go would sit there just fine, out of the way until you were ready to leave the room.

(somewhere, a Fire Marshall just had a cold chill, and didn't know why LOL)

(edited to add) I got curious, and went and checked room sizes.

Rooms at POP are *basically* the same size as the Riviera TS - according to the review posted above, the TS are 255 square feet, and POP rooms average 260 to 270 square feet in size, (according to TouringPlans) so it should be fine with just the 2 of you. 🙂
Ooh. I like that idea! Not crazy at all 😁😆

& I definitely did not know the TS’s were so close in size to other rooms on property!! That does make me feel a bit better. 😌 I know I wouldn’t hesitate to book it if I was traveling solo, and my hubby is super easy-going, so we’ll probably be fine. I just didn’t want to try something if it’s basically impossible! 😉

Thanks for your suggestion!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter