Riviera Resort Availability?

Laura's Dad

DIS Veteran
I'm not sure if this is the place to ask this question, but I will do so anyway.

Is there any predicted opening date for the new Riviera Resort? If so, do you think it will be completely booked by DVC or will rooms be available that are not DVC point reservations? We are going in December 2019 and this is an option that we may explore, but we are not DVC members at present. Any help would be appreciated.

Fall 2019 is the only thing DVC has said so far regarding the opening of the resort.

There should be a lot of cash inventory when the resort first opens. This is because Disney Vacation Development (the developer) will own a large portion of the points at the resort and can turn over rooms based on those points to DRC.

I can't help but I wonder this as well. We are going in September 2019 and I would book Riviera if it were open to give it a try at 7 months but
guess will wait and see. You can book other DVC properties so thinking you may also be able to book Riviera but I'm sure someone will have
better knowledge.

A couple of thoughts, cash booking will be available for at least two years following the opening. That being said, I wouldn't stay at a new resort until the bugs are worked out and the staff is trained. BLT had several issues when it first opened, plumbing and HVAC problems come to mind.

:earsboy: Bill

I've had luck booking Villas at Grand Floridian and Poly at 7 months when they first opened. And Aulani, for that matter. I'm also hoping for the Riviera for my December 2019 trip.

The thing about 7 month of availability, especially for high demand times, is that it is a timing issue. On points, there will be more rooms declared than points sold, but that still may not be many rooms.

Thanks for all of the great info. We are presently booking 3 rooms at PO-FQ but would still possibly be interested a 2 BR at the Riviera if available.

Poly had some sewage and AC problems as well the first 6 months.

The Poly was an old hotel that had some unique problems when converted to DVC. So wouldn't expect sewer problems at a new resort.

But it is true for any new hotel, resort or cruise ship, you will run into problems the first 6 weeks after opening for business. If you book these early dates expect them and call maintenance.

The Poly was an old hotel that had some unique problems when converted to DVC. So wouldn't expect sewer problems at a new resort.

But it is true for any new hotel, resort or cruise ship, you will run into problems the first 6 weeks after opening for business. If you book these early dates expect them and call maintenance.

Might be a new resort, but the sewer main is probably pretty old along with the storm water mains and can have any number of problems at anytime, but this is true of any resort. But adding this additional amount of waste to an existing line can always find hidden problems that no one could foresee.

But unless you are on the first floor of the resort, chances are you won't have any problems, just like at the Poly which was where all the problems with the shower drains were.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter