Riviera resort: A thread with a poll / Discussion / Information

What are your top reasons to buy (or not to buy) at RIV?

• Total voters
If I were looking buy, I'd have to consider the style/look of the resort and the gondola both as positives. Restrictions, right now, we don;t know if they will have a negative impact or not, it would only be a restriction, maybe, if I planned to sell in the future. Fireworks views..neither positive or negative, as there are a lot of influencing factors, like specific room views, and so forth.

I know I'd like to stay there sometime...if there is availability in the right sized room, to try out the gondola.
Me, too! But I hope to try out the gondola without staying there on our next trip this coming December. Might be fun to ride RT between EPCOT & DHS on it at least once, LOL. DRR will not be open until after we leave, so can't stop there to see it or try out the new restaurant, though. :(

I'm not feeling too optimistic about switching tomorrow. I've been monitoring every day. Today the only thing available shortly after 8am for 1/2/20 was SSR or OKW. I'm actually pretty surprised. Now I have to decide which one I want if that's all available. I prefer OKW rooms but I like SSR pools and location more.

I can confirm that RIV is still $188 a point. They only modified the incentives starting yesterday (6/1).

No new declarations. Also not sure if they actually declared even 30% which would be 2 million points though I’d have to figure out from the deeds recorded how much they did record. But the small number of rooms added makes me think it was much much less.

Though perhaps someone knows the real number declared.

No new declarations. Also not sure if they actually declared even 30% which would be 2 million points though I’d have to figure out from the deeds recorded how much they did record. But the small number of rooms added makes me think it was much much less.

Though perhaps someone knows the real number declared.

I don’t know for certain either but in reading about the description of units in the declaration it didn’t seem like it could have been 30% of the rooms.

I don’t know for certain either but in reading about the description of units in the declaration it didn’t seem like it could have been 30% of the rooms.
I mean it was much less than 30% of the rooms. Here is the declared rooms

9 Two-Person Tower Studio villas
8 Dedicated Deluxe Studio villas
7 Dedicated One Bedroom villas
18 Dedicated Two Bedroom villas
23 Lockoff Two Bedroom villas
4 Three Bedroom Grand Villas

Here is the total number of rooms

24 Two-Person Tower Studio villas
38 Dedicated Deluxe Studio villas
29 Dedicated One Bedroom villas
90 Dedicated Two Bedroom villas
148 Lockoff Two Bedroom villas
12 Three Bedroom Grand Villas

So some rooms at 30% but most were much much less (though points in a unit can be whatever and have no bearing on rooms). I can’t imagine DVC would have declared 1-2 years worth of points upfront (assuming they continue selling 100-150k of points a month like CCV was selling over the past 16 months)

I mean it was much less than 30% of the rooms. Here is the declared rooms

9 Two-Person Tower Studio villas
8 Dedicated Deluxe Studio villas
7 Dedicated One Bedroom villas
18 Dedicated Two Bedroom villas
23 Lockoff Two Bedroom villas
4 Three Bedroom Grand Villas

Here is the total number of rooms

24 Two-Person Tower Studio villas
38 Dedicated Deluxe Studio villas
29 Dedicated One Bedroom villas
90 Dedicated Two Bedroom villas
148 Lockoff Two Bedroom villas
12 Three Bedroom Grand Villas

So some rooms at 30% but most were much much less (though points in a unit can be whatever and have no bearing on rooms). I can’t imagine DVC would have declared 1-2 years worth of points upfront (assuming they continue selling 100-150k of points a month like CCV was selling over the past 16 months)

Yes, that is what I was agreeing with. :thumbsup2

Yes, that is what I was agreeing with. :thumbsup2
Sorry, I was agreeing with your agreeing (though unnecessary on my party, 🙂) then got lost on an tangent of curiosity on why that 30% present so often. So looking at the numbers and am surprised how much less it was. I wonder when the next declaration will be. I’m guessing August September.

Last edited:
Sorry, I was agreeing with your agreeing (though unnecessary on my party, 🙂) then got lost on an tangent of curiosity on why that 30% present so often. So looking at the numbers and am surprised how much less it was. I wonder when the next declaration will be. I’m guessing August September.

Agreeing we agreed then! I was surprised too the first time I saw the 30% number being mentioned but didn’t go back and calculate what it really seemed to represent. Someone may have mentioned approx 30% of the Tower studios were declared which since they have drawn a lot of attention then translated into 30% of the Resort.

I’m actually not sure on the 30% either. It was just something I had heard. I was just curious because I have one night in the middle of a trip wait listed and I was hoping more will be declared before my trip to increase my chance of the wait list coming through.

I’m actually not sure on the 30% either. It was just something I had heard. I was just curious because I have one night in the middle of a trip wait listed and I was hoping more will be declared before my trip to increase my chance of the wait list coming through.
I’d say there is a decent chance, if looking for anything but a tower studio (which could be likely too just depends). It is possible more being declared. I’d check on the DIS and DVCNews for info on when a declaration might happen.

Agreeing we agreed then! I was surprised too the first time I saw the 30% number being mentioned but didn’t go back and calculate what it really seemed to represent. Someone may have mentioned approx 30% of the Tower studios were declared which since they have drawn a lot of attention then translated into 30% of the Resort.
I remember a 30% figure from a post by drusba, but that was about DRR rooms costing about 30% more than BWV rooms when you figured in the point charts.

Like you and several others, I seriously doubt whether 30% of the points have been declared - that would amount to somewhere in the neighborhood of 2 Million points. or about 18-24 months of sales at the current rate of about 100,000 points per month. Seems to me that DVD would not want to stay so far ahead of sales that it foregoes the opportunity to get cash for the portions of the resort it owns. I look for them to declare in much smaller increments - the same way they have done in the past.

We were just their last month and purchased 60 points here. We've owned at BWV since 1999 so saw this as a great way to add another resort. Looking forward to the Murphy bed - our daughter's favorite thing there. I'm excited!

In my humble opinion and for me personally:

Pros - location, gondola, theming, amenities
Cons - resale restrictions

I watched this week's Dis Unplugged DVC show and agree with Pete that perhaps a relaxing of the resale restrictions may occur in the future. I'm not financially ready to add on, but once I am, I'm strongly considering Riviera as my third and final contract, probably via resale. At minimum, I'm going to try and get a two bedroom villa there at the 7 month mark for our next trip fall of '21.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter